• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What are you reading right now?

Just finished Under the Skin by Michael Faber, probably one of the books I've most enjoyed reading - surreal, sad, funny, suspenseful, romantic, sexy - weird!

The film is due to come out on DVD in July, looking forward to seeing that - Scarlett Johansson plays the lead role.

Rosa Lee: A Mother and her Family in Urban America by Leon Dash: Required reading for an upcoming class so I got an advanced reading copy to get started. It does get depressing however so I am also reading The Pleasure Paradise Club (MTJ Pub), which is not depressing,lol.

The First Family Detail by Ronald Kessler. Basically it's a bunch of dirt spilled by Secret Service Agents about presidents, vice presidents, and their families. It's okay--gossipy but interesting.

Currently in between books.

Just finished a re-read on War and Peace...actually thinking where I should go next.
still nothing from George Martin......would love to get to the next chapter on A Song of Ice and Fire

I am presently rereading volume 6 of The Second World War by Winston S. Churchill.

The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2015. Not something that you sit down and read from cover to cover, but fascinating reading nevertheless.

Currently reading 'The Mystery Man' by Colin Bateman - it's great fun, I find myself laughing out loud quite a lot at the first-person narrative

I love the classics. Recently finished Of Mice and Men, Diary of a Plague Year, and the Scarlet Letter. Now re-reading Huck Finn - Classic Americana!!

Currently reading:

the-reach-of-a-chef-15230l1.jpg

Supervolcano: Things Fall Apart by Harry Turtledove
I recommend it highly. :D

The Girl on The Train - Paula Hawkins

It's been a big hit here in UK. A girl on a daily commute rides on a train that stops at a signal each day and she observes the lives of the people in the houses she can see until one day she witnesses something that changes everything. Various other interlinking issues, coincidences, secrets emerge. It becomes quite thrilling....I'm about 2/3 of the way through.

My only gripes are that you have to keep checking where you are in the story because it uses flashbacks and each section is dated. I get distracted easily.
Also occasionally I'm not keen on how she ends some of the chapters, sometimes she uses basic throwaway cliche lines which could slot into almost any story, poem or episode of Eastenders.

Next up, Stephen King - Joyland...my first Stephen King read.

David Copperfield by Charles Dickens

I read it in high school years ago, and didn't particularly care for it then, probably because I had to read it. It was recently recommended by a friend of mine who was currently reading it, so I thought I would give it another try. I'm only about 50 pages in so far, but it doesn't seem as laborious a read as I remembered it.

Right now, I'm reading The Cheese Monkeys. Well, I'm in the middle of it. Few books have actually made me cackle aloud as this one has. I started reading this because it was recommended to me. I read a little introduction of it, and just had to order it via Amazon. Once it got here, I started off reading a lot of it, but once classes started and got busy, I lost the free time to read it as often.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back