• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

New Chat Room

EmmaLee1206

Is anyone else not able to get into the new chat room or just me? :( I've clicked on the new link and it gives me the TMF rules and above that it's just a grey box. Ahh I'm going crazy! Thx if you can help!

Yeah, me too. It says 'requires Java' which I have. It worked okay last night, but not tonight. Frustrating indeed.

Sounds as if you need a new Java plug in, or you have restricted access for the applet on your system.

Myriads

You might need to uninstall and reinstall java. You can probably google how to do it, it's not hard.

If you have any kind of plugin restriction set up and use Firefox (which I do), it doesn't play nicely. I cannot get it to work in Firefox when you have plugins set to require authorization to run. Firefox thinks it needs to install Java, it tries to install Java, and then it fails despite installing Java. I can get the room to work seamlessly in Chrome and Opera browsers, so either one should solve your problem.

If chrome does not work, then your most likely culprit is Java. You will want to remove any current versions of Java installed and then install the latest version from java.com. Do you know how to find and remove existing Java installations?

I also can't get in. Not sure if the new chat room likes all of the symbols and such in my user name or is it something else?

Becca, I can confirm that your username is an issue. The angle brackets, < and >, appear to be disallowed characters. I modified a test user with "~*<" and tried to get in and was denied. I doubt that is something the chat folks can fix, although I can ask if there is a workaround.

Emma, the following procedure should be foolproof if the issue is Java. If it does not work, then your problem is not as simple as others have had, and we will have to dig.

1. If you haven't, which I think you have, download either Chrome or Opera brower
  2. Clear your temporary internet files/cache and all cookies. Close your browser
  3. Open your Control Panel from the Start menu (this all assumes you use Windows)
  4. Look for "All Programs" (Windows XP) or "Programs and Features" (Vista/7)
  5. Open it and find anything like "Java X Update X" or "Java(TM) X Update XX" where X is a number
  6. Remove or uninstall those things
  7. Restart your computer
  8. Visit http://www.java.com and click on the "Free Java Download" button
  9. Follow the instructions to install Java
  10. Restart your computer
  11. Open the TMF and log in. Do you have the same issue?

Hmm. What do you see in your list of installed programs near Java? Can you get a screenshot of that?

How long have you waited for it to load? Sometimes it does take a while to load...

Becca, I can confirm that your username is an issue. The angle brackets, < and >, appear to be disallowed characters. I modified a test user with "~*<" and tried to get in and was denied. I doubt that is something the chat folks can fix, although I can ask if there is a workaround.

Emma, the following procedure should be foolproof if the issue is Java. If it does not work, then your problem is not as simple as others have had, and we will have to dig.

1. If you haven't, which I think you have, download either Chrome or Opera brower
  2. Clear your temporary internet files/cache and all cookies. Close your browser
  3. Open your Control Panel from the Start menu (this all assumes you use Windows)
  4. Look for "All Programs" (Windows XP) or "Programs and Features" (Vista/7)
  5. Open it and find anything like "Java X Update X" or "Java(TM) X Update XX" where X is a number
  6. Remove or uninstall those things
  7. Restart your computer
  8. Visit http://www.java.com and click on the "Free Java Download" button
  9. Follow the instructions to install Java
  10. Restart your computer
  11. Open the TMF and log in. Do you have the same issue?

I would be willing to change my username then - how can we make that happen?

Becca

Regarding name changes. PM me with the new name desired. I'll change it.

Myriads

sure. where is that at? lol
You appear to be using Windows 7, so I'll write assuming that.

• Open the start menu
  • Look for "Control Panel"
  • Look for something called "Programs and Features." If not visible, look for something called "Programs" and then look for "Programs and Features"
  • Double-click "Programs and features"
  • Find items that say Java in the list and let us know what they are
  • You may need to look for a checkbox that says something like "Show Updates" and check it, but I am not certain

Okay, you do have a version (the latest, I think). Did you uninstall that before trying to reinstall Java before? If not, you may need to do so.

You said you tried loading it in a browser other than Firefox, yes? What did you see when you did that? What sort of error?

Did you reinstall Java before or after installing the other browser you tried to use?

Effeminately, eh? I may have to steal that one.

Let me know if you are unsuccessful. If you have a firewall or antivirus program(s) active, one or more may be interfering with Java. They shouldn't be disabled, but if you can determine if one is the culprit we may be able to work around it. Good luck.

I can get into the new chat room no problem. My problem is, I can't view others' profiles - but apparently they can view mine. When I try to view a profile I get a quick "pointing hand" with an exclamation point in a star shape. Never has a problem viewing profiles in the old chat site. Any suggestions?

I can get into the new chat room no problem. My problem is, I can't view others' profiles - but apparently they can view mine. When I try to view a profile I get a quick "pointing hand" with an exclamation point in a star shape. Never has a problem viewing profiles in the old chat site. Any suggestions?
Viewing profiles in this chatroom opens a pop-up window that connects to the user's TMF profile. If you have a pop-up blocker in place, you will not see those windows open. There is no longer a separate chatroom profile for everyone (which I gather was the case before).

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back