• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Hobbit

PhilipRJ_UK

2nd Level Red Feather
Well there's only fourteen days (in the UK, at least) until the movie is released. For me, it's going to be the most eagerly-awaited film of the year. Really looking forward to seeing what Peter Jackson has created!

Anyone else going to see it when it goes into the cinemas?

It comes out December 14th here as well and I am SO FUCKING EXCITED. I loved all three LotR movies and I've heard only amazing things about The Hobbit.

I'm so glad that there's going to be three films of The Hobbit as well. It means that there'll be less stuff missed out and more room for the awesome stuff :) I'm an absolutely massive fan of the original LOTR films. They were just amazing, and I'm expecting The Hobbit to be just as good!

I'll be there! All I can say is, after Lord of the Rings, Peter Jackson has HUUUUUUUGE expectations to live up to!

I'm waiting three years to see this, because I'm not paying Peter Jackson three times to tell me one story. Now that nerds run the economy, breaking up a fantasy epic into multiple parts has become Hollywood's infinite money cheat. I say no more!, but apparently I'll be saying that to myself, at home, alone, while everyone else is enjoying themselves at the movies. :cynical:

three times? I thought the hobbit was broken into two parts?

That asside, i do plan on catching this one in the theater. I just hope it's not 3D. Somehow, a 3D hobbit just doesn't seem right, despite how visually appealing it might be.

That's the week I finish my fall semester so I'm getting a drop of friends together and going to see it that Friday night. I cannot wait!

I'm waiting three years to see this, because I'm not paying Peter Jackson three times to tell me one story. Now that nerds run the economy, breaking up a fantasy epic into multiple parts has become Hollywood's infinite money cheat. I say no more!, but apparently I'll be saying that to myself, at home, alone, while everyone else is enjoying themselves at the movies. :cynical:

I am right there with you my friend! Jackson is overly flabbergasting this story...

I'd rather see a three-part Hobbit than a two-parter. Nobody complained when the original LOTR trilogy was broken into three. The fact is, its an epic fantasy story, and it needs a lot of scope and space in which to work well. Having said that, I do think that the final Harry Potter movie, for example, SHOULD have been one movie. It completely wrecked the vibe of the story and just didn't seem to work at all.

I'd rather see a three-part Hobbit than a two-parter. Nobody complained when the original LOTR trilogy was broken into three. The fact is, its an epic fantasy story, and it needs a lot of scope and space in which to work well. Having said that, I do think that the final Harry Potter movie, for example, SHOULD have been one movie. It completely wrecked the vibe of the story and just didn't seem to work at all.

The Lord of the Rings was actually a trilogy, with something like 1300 pages of material. The Hobbit is one novel, and not even as long as a single Lord of the Rings book... I'm actually mystified about how they're planning to pad the running time. One of you will have to tell me. :rolleyes:

Hands down, without question I am going to see it. I'm also waiting a few weeks so I'm not rubbing weenises with the people who will end up next to me. I hate crowded movie theaters.

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it....(no I don't know why I have that song stuck in my head...)

Seriously though I can't wait to see this. I may even end up seeing it more then once...which would totally not be a bad thing at all. :)

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back