• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

NORTH TO ALASKA.

paracarl44

Wielder of 100 Feathers
A good foot tickling scene coming up on this Friday on Turner Classic Movies.

Yes, Capucine gets tickled for quite a long time on her stockinged sole. :feets: One of the best film memories of my childhood. :D

She was indeed ticklish. She confirmed in an interview that the scene was in fact real.

The Blu-ray has the movie trailer in it as well, which had her tickled way longer than in the movie. Not sure if the DVD version has the trailer in it too. My guess from the trailer versus what was in the movie, was that she thought she would have to "act" being way ticklish (than she actually was) and as the actor tickled her longer and harder, she didn't have to over act, he was getting her too good. One of my fav scenes when I watched the Classics on tv as a kid but the trailer is the gold here.

DK

I also think that she faked it. Theres another movie in which Capucine was foot-tickled. It's the first Pink Panther movie where David Niven tickled her naked foot while he was hiding under her bed and she didn't show even the slightest reaction. Once you`ve seen that scene the idea would never occur to you that she is ticklish.

I also think that she faked it. Theres another movie in which Capucine was foot-tickled. It's the first Pink Panther movie where David Niven tickled her naked foot while he was hiding under her bed and she didn't show even the slightest reaction. Once you`ve seen that scene the idea would never occur to you that she is ticklish.

That movie came after North to Alaska and that one was bad tickling, no argument there.

DK

Once you`ve seen that scene the idea would never occur to you that she is ticklish.

It's an open question whether Capucine faked it in North to Alaska--but the Pink Panther scene definitely doesn't suggest that she's not ticklish. She jerks her foot away the instant she feels someone touching it!

I know, by answering this I might start one of this pointless back and forth discussions but she doesn't jerk or move one iota. I just saw the scene on YT. No reaction at all!

Did it ever occur to you that nobody may have been under the bed tickling her in Pink Panther? They film scenes in pieces, a shot at a time, sometimes quite a while apart. They could have filmed the part of her sitting on a bed without anybody under it and said "we need a reaction shot of your foot being touched." Then said she can go get lunch and get a shot of David Niven under the bed with a body double putting her foot out for him to tickle. Also, even if he WAS under the bed in real life, he only gave her a tiny little touch so her reaction would be more shock at someone being under the bed than laughter at being tickled.

Also, even if he WAS under the bed in real life, he only gave her a tiny little touch so her reaction would be more shock at someone being under the bed than laughter at being tickled.

This. Claiming she wasn't ticklish based on that brief scene is ridiculous.

Maybe you're right and that whole scene was not filmed at once, but a "not- ticklish-foot-double"? I can't imagine that something like that exists. Well, we could continue to split hairs over this question endlessly, but after watching both scenes over a dozen times I came to the conclusion, that she wasn't ticklish or not as explosively ticklish as it seems in North to Alaska. My opinion, no offense! Have a nice day

It's fine Stubbe. But this is an interesting topic.
Body double. Not foot double. Stand-ins are very common in Hollywood. Or they used to be. Every star had one.
Also BTW my feet are extremely ticklish and if someone attacked them like hers were attacked in North to Alaska I'd be screaming with laughter like her. But if they were just gently touched like he did in Pink Panther I wouldn't necessarily react much. So it is possible to be very ticklish and yet not have much of a reaction every single time.

Interesting topic! Indeed. You're working in showbiz, like your Nickname suggest? I was always interested to what extend the tickling we see in movies is planned, if it is accidental, forced or faked.
I'm just cautious. I think, most of the things we see on film are precisely planned.

I have also read that it was real, coming from Granger.

I just wonder how many times they had to reherse and how many unused takes there are sitting in a can somewhere....

Here is proof on IMDB that talks about that very thing. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054127/trivia
Also I have been tickling feet for over 50 years (im 57) and there is one thing im very good at and that's spotting fake reactions. There are tell tail signs, body language and reactions that are give aways and cant be faked by even the best actress. Are there actresses that can do an excellent job faking being ticklish? Certainly but in Capucines case there were many signs that a well seasoned tickler can spot that are non intensional sub conscious reactions. To name a few watch her hands and fingers, arms, watch her other foot trying desparately to fre itself and then watch granger thrust forward as she planted that other heel into his back. Also the look on her face is not only laughter but a slight hint of agony. At the end you can see her start to sit up to grab him and get him to stop. Watch the scene in slow motion and you'll also see the minute he digs in her toes scrunch up and her laughter is immediate. It is most definitely real.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back