• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Is there any potential harm in tickling?

TickleChaos

Hi Everyone, I've never actually been tickle tortured and there's something I've always wondered and maybe someone with more experience can shed some light on this:

Can too much tickling really harm a person? I don't mean tickling them until they have stomach cramps, extreme sensitivity, or they pee themselves. I mean is there a point at which actual harm is done to the body and the person leaves in a different state than they came? I understand that safewords are there to prevent crossing a person's limits to the point of harm, but what if there is no agreed on safeword? I'm just wondering what happens when a person gets taken far past their limits in this way.

Don't worry, I don't actually want to hurt anyone; this is just something I've been curious about for a while and I've never seen anyone ask this before.

Well, it can certainly leave long-term psychological scars if taken too far. Some people just don't enjoy being tickled, on any level, not ever. Not friendly tickled, nor playful, not even by a partner/spouse...Tickling, after all, is a form of abuse when conducted for a prolonged periods of time. As far as physical damage goes, I would say you can't actually hurt someone by merely tickling them. On the other hand, injuries could happen indirectly, like from using a rope, handcuffs or it can occur due to ticklee's fierce struggle. Point is, you should know when enough is enough if the 'lee is enjoying the tickling on any level. If he/she doesn't, it's best to leave it for somebody who does. :)

Well....

I would say you need to take care with people who may have heart conditions. Anything related to cardio stamina needs to be considered.

But pretty much like when you play sports.
I would say if someone is healthy enough they feel ok with playing sports, then they can be tickled to the point when they cant take it anymore. They will endure it like they would endure a half-marathon or something like that.

Tickling may be a bit more punishing on cardio because you may have fear, adrenaline and a lot of stuff pushing your body to the limits. But then again....same thing can happen when you play sports more seriously.

No, there is no actual harm in tickling. The harm is in the psychology of the person, or the quality of their body.

Tickling in itself is not harmful at all.

I understand that safewords are there to prevent crossing a person's limits to the point of harm, but what if there is no agreed on safeword?

This is the reason why there should always be a safeword. If someone is truly taken beyond their limits, there is always a chance there will be a trauma. As marbot said, there could be psychological scars.

The harm is in the psychology of the person, or the quality of their body.

Tickling in itself is not harmful at all.

Uhm, what? :) The harm in the psychology of the person or the quality of their body will be caused by tickling then. So how isn't it the tickling that was harmful? That's like saying car accidents in themselves aren't harmful at all!

What nenezinho said is true also, if someone has a medical condition like asthma or a heart problem, you have to be especially careful. That's another reason why there should always be a safeword in place, because sometimes medical conditions are not known and can surface in a situation like that.

A healthy person shouldn't have any real physical problems though. Sooner or later you will have muscle pain, maybe cramps, but that should be about it. You can't actually be tickled to death. The worst thing that could happen is that you run out of breath and pass out, which in itself isn't very pleasant, but not really dangerous.

I will just add that you should not be scared about tickling, no more then about sports.

Yes, a medical conditions can show up out of nowhere, but so it can if you are just playing some sport with your friends. Mostly we dont do complete check-ups before we get out to play whatever. And even professional athletes sometimes experience death by heart failure.

That is mostly how life is.
You can be incredibly unlucky and have some condition that never shows up till the day it kills.
We should not fear that!

On the topic of safewords
I have nothing against them. Most time I play there is none agreed. But that´s only because I only play with people I trust when I am lee and if I am ler, I wont cross anyone´s limit.
And you can ask "how do you know?"
Any human who can watch and listen will know if he/she is coming anywhere near someone´s limit.
As long as we dont get carried away and keep focus on the lee, we will notice if anything changes in their behaviour. And then there are golden rulles like:
. Keep giving them small brakes to catch their breath and ask then if they are ok
. Any signs of cough or changes in breath do a small brake and see how they are
. If they really really ask to stop, stop a bit! Its not the olympics we are playing so no problem in taking a brake and keep going when they feel ok.

P.S:
As for Asthma, it depends on each one´s condition.
Asthma is not a limitation for stamina. There have been Olympic Gold Medals who had this issue. We actually have one girl in Portugal who won the Marathon. Her name is Rosa Mota.
Obviously she had to train really hard, she had to be in perfect form, but she could do it.
I myself played soccer on amateur level and I still play Indoor (or Futsal like we call it). I also do swimming practice to keep a nice stamina level.
I did not have any issues with being tickled since I am 10/11 years old. Not once! No one was able to push me as much as I push on a 90 minute soccer game or on a 2 hour long Indoor practice. Simply, tickling is never as hard as a full sprint.
ups, almost forget to say I have Asthma :)

First off if you've never played with someone before- ALWAYS- use a safeword.

Secondly, if things ARE taken too far (more than likely accidental) then yes, psychologically there could be damage done. Trust to take care of that person and see to their mental state would ave been broken and that can have devastating effects all on it's own.

Technically there's always a risk of physical harm if you're not experienced enough in bondage and try something insane. Just use caution and dont try anything too crazy and things should be fine... but that's just my opinion coming from what my husband and I have learned over time :)

Most time I play there is none agreed. But that´s only because I only play with people I trust when I am lee and if I am ler, I wont cross anyone´s limit.

In my experience, the lack of a safeword actually leads to the ler not being as merciless as I would like him to be because he is constantly worried. My ler sometimes even is too careful WITH the safeword and slows down way before he would have to.

In my experience, the lack of a safeword actually leads to the ler not being as merciless as I would like him to be because he is constantly worried. My ler sometimes even is too careful WITH the safeword and slows down way before he would have to.

This tends to be what happens if you deal with adults who care about each other :)

I just have to say that I dont think its less fun. Also because I dont care that much about doing that all out tickle assault that makes you scream your safeword.

I am much more about making it last. Keep my lee being surprised, toy with them, tease them, make it last. I keep giving brakes but I will always tickle more unless they tell me enough is enough. Everyone has its own style :)

As a lee, I have seen also the reverse problem happen:
Like, I have a safeword and someone is really trying to make me say it. But once I say it, they seem to have achieved what they wanted......honestly, I would like to go for a 2nd or 3rd round, I just need a quick time out. I may have said my safeword just because I needed to adjust positions or just because it was a bit too much on a single spot or I needed to catch my breath....but doesnt mean I´m out or anywhere near the end.

Lasting is really not a problem for me. But I actually want to go to that place where I can't take anymore, and that hasn't happened yet.

And yes, of course, Safewording doesn't necessarily mean the end of a session. All it means is "Check on me, there's a problem".

Lasting is really not a problem for me. But I actually want to go to that place where I can't take anymore, and that hasn't happened yet.

And yes, of course, Safewording doesn't necessarily mean the end of a session. All it means is "Check on me, there's a problem".

To end the off topic...we will just have to agree that some people just want more and more :)
Which is great fun! But you always get the feelling you could take a bit more :p
And often you feel like: "ohh...will you really stop already?"

This is why I like to always but always keep going unless my lee tells me "enough".
And usually when they say "enough" its quite a good safeword. Pretty much no one says that on a brake unless they actually feel like they need a long rest now :D

But here we are again...going off topic :p

Uhm, what? :) The harm in the psychology of the person or the quality of their body will be caused by tickling then. So how isn't it the tickling that was harmful? That's like saying car accidents in themselves aren't harmful at all!

It means that their bodies could have a flaw that makes it hard for them to take being tickled, and it means that the way they THINK of the subject can make them view it as harmful. It isn't bad in and of itself.

My only advice is to make sure they can breathe. Don't use a gag of any kind. They are tacky as hell and they obstruct the already difficult task of breathing.

When I am bottoming with anybody I always tell them my safewords. No safeword=no playing with me. Seriously they are called a safeword for a reason. They are there for both your safety and the tops safety. Tops aren't mind readers and may not always know when you need it to stop(This is especially true if you're playing with someone new). Also if you need to safeword please don't be stubborn and say it.

Yes there can be harm from too much tickling. I was stubborn in my past and didn't safeword when I should have. Once I passed out and most of the other times I just started going crazy. I'd start crying, shaking, and apologizing over and over. This has thankfully only happened once with my current boyfriend. He was upset that I didn't go ahead and safeword. Struggling too much in bondage for too long could also potentially cause physical damage(Yes I am speaking from experience. One time I woke up the next day stiff as board).

It means that their bodies could have a flaw that makes it hard for them to take being tickled, and it means that the way they THINK of the subject can make them view it as harmful. It isn't bad in and of itself.

If you overdo it, it's bad in and of itself. Like most things!

You actually should be a mind reader. A skillful tickler knows the limits even better than the lee herself. And at the same time he shouldn't let her relax until the time is out.
Some possess this skill, some don't.

Safewords are for those who want to keep control, that's like keeping controlling block of shares. For some reasons, like if you can't fully rely on your tickler.
That's less effective as a tickle therapy because you don't fully relax and set yourself free of being in charge for those precious moments.
Anyway that's a compromise that you can choose. Nothing wrong with it.

Our patients choose to be under control of the tickle therapists. You might blame them if you wish.

Last edited:
A skillful tickler knows the limits even better than the lee herself. And at the same time he shouldn't let her relax until the time is out.

So what if the limits are reached before the time is out?

You actually should be a mind reader. A skillful tickler knows the limits even better than the lee herself. And at the same time he shouldn't let her relax until the time is out.
Some possess this skill, some don't.

Safewords are for those who want to keep control, that's like keeping controlling block of shares. For some reasons, like if you can't fully rely on your tickler.
That's less effective as a tickle therapy because you don't fully relax and set yourself free of being in charge for those precious moments.
Anyway that's a compromise that you can choose. Nothing wrong with it.

Our patients choose to be under control of the tickle therapists. You might blame them if you wish.

Ok we will go with your theory, my husband DOES know my limits so we do not have a safeword for tickling... BUT ... you bet your ass if I yell it out he will stop and ask what the problem is. What if something goes wrong with the bondage and it's too tight, hurting the lee, or whatever? There are many uses for a safeword without it being all about control. There are things as the ler you cannot see/notice/feel at all times. If something isnt right there needs to be a way of stopping it without having to explain through hysterics.

Not to mention, no 2 people are the same. A reaction you get signaling you need to stop from one person could be completely different from someone else. Why take the risk?

So what if the limits are reached before the time is out?
I can only repeat what I said. He knows the limits. The skill is not to reach them after 5 seconds from the start as most people do.

Last edited:
Ok we will go with your theory, my husband DOES know my limits so we do not have a safeword for tickling... BUT ... you bet your ass if I yell it out he will stop and ask what the problem is. What if something goes wrong with the bondage and it's too tight, hurting the lee, or whatever? There are many uses for a safeword without it being all about control. There are things as the ler you cannot see/notice/feel at all times. If something isnt right there needs to be a way of stopping it without having to explain through hysterics.

Not to mention, no 2 people are the same. A reaction you get signaling you need to stop from one person could be completely different from someone else. Why take the risk?
No 2 people are the same that's right. That's why not everyone is a good tickle therapist.
We have a lot of experience and there never was a problem to stop if something isn't right.

I definitely don't recommend anyone who can't fully rely on her/his tickler to get rid of safewords. Not everyone is lucky to have a mind reader as a ler. Use it.

Despite whatever people write, or film, safety words should always be used, and respected. None consensual is a hot fantasy, but not something anyone should really practice. Not to say that it isn't fun to be pounced on and tickled silly. Respecting peoples limits is important for any fetish/sex play.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back