• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

ASMR 'community'

Vanillaphant

TMF Master
Well hello there! Bit of a niche topic this, but here goes…

I was wondering of the ASMR enthusiasts here (assuming there are a few), is anybody else a little perturbed by the way in which money is creeping its way into the community?

I guess it started with certain ‘ASMRtists’ (as the community likes to call its content creators) creating Paypal donation accounts so that they could afford decent equipment with which to make better videos (binaural microphones etc) – which I reckon is fair enough, but what proportion of said people closed their account once they had purchased what they said they needed, or at least have bothered to keep people abreast of how that money is being spent? Also, some ASMRtists have created Patreon accounts, where if you give them X amount a video you get this, Y amount gets you this and that, and Z gets you this, that and the other… So that people are able to purchase exclusivity, in other words. Product placement also seems to be creeping into some videos, and I notice some ASMRtists are even advertising the fact that they make personalised custom videos – for the right price, one would assume.

I have to say, it’s beginning to put me off a little, and it’s a development which I think is at odds with the way the community sees itself. Not that I would resent certain ASMRtists (the ones who you can tell put a lot of time and effort into their clips) making a bit of money from their hard work… Some have made ASMR tracks which one can purchase for a small sum… And to me that seems like it might be a more honest/honourable way of going about it all… But all this other stuff I’ve mentioned… I dunno. Seems like a bit of a slippery slope scenario to me.

Anybody got any thoughts on this?

Youtube is filled to the butt with free ASMR videos.

Pick and weed through what you want and leave the rest.

If somebody making these videos "requests incentive" then you move along and let them die...Or, at the very least, call out their bullshit in the comments section. As concisely as you can.

I have ASMR, so I know the difference between feelin' tingly and being treated like a moneywhore.

What is ASMR? When I Googled it, all I found was "Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response" which seems to be some pop-culture pseudo-neuroscience fad vaguely related to hypnotism. I assume that's not what you're referring to.

I find ASMR really interesting, but i react more to physical touch or video of someone getting a massage etc vs the sounds said to produce that same tingly feeling.

There have been previous threads on ASMR. It's basically a sensation of comfort from soft, relaxing audio stimulus. If you go to Youtube and search ASMR you'll find several clips. The examples I saw ranged from a woman using her nails to tickle/scratch the course surface of a figurine of a turtle to a somewhat mousy doctor's office receptionist who spoke in very soft comforting tones.

My opinion is that these things are pleasant when they occur naturally in every day life, but to actually give it a name and build a "community" around the concept is a little crazy, but otherwise harmless.

What is ASMR? When I Googled it, all I found was "Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response" which seems to be some pop-culture pseudo-neuroscience fad vaguely related to hypnotism. I assume that's not what you're referring to.

Er, yes and no. Your interpretation of the initialism is top-notch; your interpretation of the phenomenon... well, let's call that 'middle-notch'. :D

It's basically a sensation of comfort from soft, relaxing audio stimulus.

This is a little nearer the mark. I was gonna try and explain the physical sensation... But frankly, I can't be arsed lol. But as Chicago indicated, it can also be triggered by physical stimulus, or even witnessing another person experiencing the right sort of physical stimulus. What also tends to characterize ASMR is a lessening of mental activity... Hence its popularity with people who suffer with anxiety, insomnia, all that kinda jazz. (Though I'm given to understand, not everybody experiences it.)

My opinion is that these things are pleasant when they occur naturally in every day life, but to actually give it a name and build a "community" around the concept is a little crazy, but otherwise harmless.

Many people would say the same (or similar, if we were to be pedantic/semantic about it) about tickling, of course. :D

I find ASMR really interesting, but i react more to physical touch or video of someone getting a massage etc vs the sounds said to produce that same tingly feeling.

I like the whispering aspect...If done correctly.

The stuff like attempting to get yer jollies offa some clip that involves stuff like hair brushing or, even head lice inspection (I got high and watched that for shits and giggles..which was pretty reaching for even the most in depth ASMR afflicted, I would like to say) is basically made for the socially deprived.

Like this "community" which is comprised of those who are into tickling, there are different levels of sensation.

I have listened to a few offerings. I have a few that were done by our own LeeAllure but they were more hypnotic suggestion and I used them for pain reduction and keeping focused. She has others and focus on helping a person in various ways. ASMR from other artists I find are for relaxation and sleep and I have tried them. Works for me, I guess. I have seen where some artists say they would take donations to help with the cost of newer equipment.....and send some money if you want. The two I listen to when it is a quiet Sunday afternoon are Heather Feather and Gentle Whisperings. They both use soft voices and soft sounds to induce sleep thru mainly role playing from A Good Witch's Cottage ( Gentle Whisperings native Russian accent is killer for an accent whore like me), haircuts, suit fittings, to medical exams for hearing and site with the sessions lasting from 15 to over 60 minutes. I know it sounds corny but this stuff seems to work, at least for me.

ASMR and suggested it can improve mood and even pain symptoms through various common triggers, including whispering, personal attention, crisp sounds, and slow movements. i'll suggest you the official site http://cuddlebite.comthey have the most expertise with all types of toys for both men and women this site helped me more and more im using this site for all my needs, Enjoy Its Benefits Today

I have never heard of ASMR until last week and now i've seen/heard something about it 3 times in the past week..interesting how that happens..i'm curious about it now

There's this one Asian woman who does ASMR videos on Youtube and one of her vids kind of triggered a fetish of mine (aka seeing another woman being gagged and having lots of make up being put on her face then having a large fluffy wig put on her head and then dressed up as a feather boa draped slut). Her other videos don't really interest me.

What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back