• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling as punishment?

saratk

TMF Master
I have a friend who told me that when she was a kid her mom didn't believe in spanking, but because her feet were so ticklish and she hated it so much, tickling her feet was kind of the punishment she would get and really avoid. I didn't comment at all on this, but I wonder, would you think that is considered any kind of abuse; more or less than spanking? Anyone ever hear of this?

Spanking, tickling, making your kid eat soap, locking them in a closet, sending them to bed with no dinner. All can be considered abusive based on who is observing, and how much of the action is done.

It's not so much what is done, as why, how often, and to what end that meets the definition of abuse.

A kid gets on the school bus every day. And every day the kid sitting in the first seat says "Good morning Fatty" as they walk by. Is that abuse? Is it abuse if done every day for a school year? Might it make the receiver feel injured? Might they not want to ride the bus? Thus changing their normal daily behaviors? Abuse is fluid. You decide. However if you decide to serve some discipline to you kid, and society has a strong view on where your actions falls on the the spectrum, you might find yourself in an unhappy place.

Myriads

Because, as indicated by Myriads, ideas of exactly what constitutes abuse vary so greatly from person to person (bit of a loaded word, you could say) perhaps a better question might be: Do people consider it bad parenting? Personally, I would. Which isn’t necessarily to say that your friend’s mother was/is a bad parent, of course. :) All parents engage in bad parenting to some degree – cos nobody’s perfect! Nevertheless, there are better ways of disciplining a child, methinks. (Same goes for spanking/hitting, of course.)

Regarding the question of whether or not it’s worse than spanking… I suppose that would depend on the child. If the child hates being tickled more than they hate being spanked, then I guess tickling would be the more condemnable of the two punishments.

Tricky topic, though.

While I don't have any kids myself, I often wondered if I did would I choose to spank or some other type of discipline and tickling was one form that sprang to mind quickly. Personally, I don't agree with spanking since it is rather harmful and some may take it farther than expected. But to each their own as to how they would discipline their child. While I wouldn't tickle my son, I might consider tickling my daughter. Of course, it wouldn't be tickle torture but rather enough to let her know that I'm not playing and I hope that she straightens up.

I mean, I obviously have a biased POV, but I would hate for anyone to have a negative association with tickling because it was used as punishment. Whether they really enjoy it or not, I feel like it should always have at least a playful context growing up to avoid scarring situations later on when they're inevitably tickled by a S/O.

While I don't have any kids myself, I often wondered if I did would I choose to spank or some other type of discipline and tickling was one form that sprang to mind quickly. Personally, I don't agree with spanking since it is rather harmful and some may take it farther than expected. But to each their own as to how they would discipline their child. While I wouldn't tickle my son, I might consider tickling my daughter. Of course, it wouldn't be tickle torture but rather enough to let her know that I'm not playing and I hope that she straightens up.

See, the fact thay you make the distinction between not tickling your son but tickling your daughter...does not sit well with me...one bit.

See, the fact thay you make the distinction between not tickling your son but tickling your daughter...does not sit well with me...one bit.

Yes, brannyle1981, at least your credentials as a hetero are certainly impeccable...

Last edited:
Yes, it is abuse. Touching anyone in a way they don't want to be touched (include spanking and tickling) when it is not necesary (such as holding a child to give them medicine or a needle or pulling them away from a busy road) is abuse even if the person in question is your child. No if or buts about it.

No, lol, it is not abuse. And neither is spanking - it's just an instrument of proper parenting. Anyway, I've never heard about parents tickling their kids as a form of punishment.
And this guy who claimed he would only tickle his daughter... made me feel pretty uneasy.

Honestly I don't see how tickling your child is a form of punishment that teaches them
right from wrong. Spanking however I grew up being spanked. For me there is a line
between abusive spanking and disciplinary spanking. I honestly could care less who finds
spanking as "abusive" because if my child is learning "hey i won't do this cuz I don't want
a spanking" then I will continue to do that. Tickling...to me should be something playful
not...a so called punishment, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Way to screw up a child... phew...
Anybody remember the movie "Sybil"?

HAHA....

I feel there is too much sexual energy involved if tickling is a turn on which it is for most people here. I mean that is your child. There should be NO sexual energy directed at them at all

well honestly now a days spanking can turn on a child too. so you kinda fucked both ways don't ya think?

I honestly think it depends on how far the tickling goes. If it's just playful "don't do it again, ok?" and stopped after, then it honestly does teach a good lesson. My mother would tickle us as a minor form of punishment for bad behavior and it honestly kept us in line. The tickling never got to torture stage, so it was more of a form of teaching us not to do it again. :p Just thought I'd share.
IMG_107451186044833-1.jpg

I honestly think it depends on how far the tickling goes. If it's just playful "don't do it again, ok?" and stopped after, then it honestly does teach a good lesson. My mother would tickle us as a minor form of punishment for bad behavior and it honestly kept us in line. The tickling never got to torture stage, so it was more of a form of teaching us not to do it again. :p Just thought I'd share.
View attachment 443478

Thanks for sharing! :)

I personally think it's always wrong to make a child physically uncomfortable, no matter how. A child should always be able to say no to unwanted touching, may it be spanking, tickling or whatever. Anything else might teach a wrong lesson to the child!

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back