• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Christina Grimmie

Myriads

Tzar of the TMF
Lost under the coverage of the Orlando Dance club horror this Sunday Morning, another story that happened the night before was understandably eclipsed.

On Friday night, Christina Grimmie a young singer who started on youtube, and built up several millions of followers, and later was a Voice 3rd place finisher was doing an after an Orlando concert meet and greet. She enjoyed interacting with her fans and Friday night was no different.

A man approached her, produced a hand gun and shot her in the head, and several times in the chest. She never regained consciousness, and coded in a hospital a few hours later.

The gunman was tackled by Christina's brother, and in the ensuing fight the attacker committed suicide.

As of today, no motive has been found, nor has any connection between the attacker and Christina been found. It's clear he came to Orlando with the single purpose of killing her, but we will probably never know why.

I had the pleasure of exchanging some e-mail with Christina over the past few years. She was a remarkable singer, and songwriter. But she was also a massively curious, kind, and caring woman. She gave a lot of time to several charities, including the humane society most recently, and had a deep faith in God, and was quite spiritual in the way one rarely sees. She never pressed her views, but always was open to having a good discussion on them.

She realized a lot of things in her 22 years. And a very large amount of potential was spilled onto the concrete three nights ago.

Her is a song of hers, that I've always enjoyed, and I think it captures her spirit well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTwdL6jp0C8

Myriads

Myriads, I can't believe you actually had email with her, I'm so sorry. So sorry.

I saw that story, and was just thinking how senseless it was, reminds me of John Lennon, and Selena, and Versace, and others....people who put themselves out there and stand for excellence, and provide some kind of respite from the pain of living.....and they get shot for it. They become targets.

I hadn't heard her until now, sounds like she had a great voice, and great spirit, and it just makes me sick. It makes me think why do anything anymore.....

This world? It doesn't deserve Christina Grimmie. It doesn't even deserve me and you, Myriads. We are in stupid, stupid, wacky, wacko times.

I am so sorry, I know how hurt you must be feeling about it, and though I didn't know her like you did, I'm hurt too. Poor girl. Whew. What a frickin' waste.

Last edited:
Myriads, saddened to hear that you were touched personally by this senseless tragedy. And yes, perhaps predictable in this age of the 24-hour news cycle, coverage of Grimmie's murder has pretty much ceased, but it is still a remarkable coincidence that both events happened in Orlando over successive days (and thankfully I've heard no conspiracist propose that the shootings were in any way related).

What is also sad, though of course nowhere near as tragic, is how because of the Pulse massacre there will be for a very long time a stain on the bright, sunny, tourist-friendly image of the Orlando area, a region I'm somewhat familiar with. Several unsettling things have actually occurred in and around Orlando over the last several years, e.g., the Robert Zimmerman and Casey Anthony trials, and now these shootings form an even darker cloud (and Central Florida develops enough thunderstorm-bearing cumulonimbus clouds on its own, thank you very much).

And even overnight comes a report that a two-year-old toddler was hauled away and presumably consumed by an alligator near a Disney World resort as his parents desperately tried to fight off the gator and save him. :(

Reminds me of Salena in some ways. A young talented singer on the verg of Mega Stardom, killed just as she's about to make it big.

How did you come to get the details of the murder? I knew the basics.

This thread's at the bottom of the page so as to not to let her slip away so quick.....one more time for Christina Grimmie....and what might have been.....

Honestly, I've never heard of Christina Grimmie before she was shot, yet this continues to depress me to this day.

I've never watched The Voice, but after researching her, I've realized who she was. Her Youtube videos, as well as snapshots of her tweets, have been shared on my Facebook newsfeed before, yet I never thought much of her. I quickly move on to other things on my feed. I then visited her Youtube page, and never realized what a total sweetheart she was. She was everything, young, pretty, fun, happy, and incredibly gifted. What I found most admirable was that she really loved her fans ("frands" as she calls them) and continued to reach out to them. It really hit me that I've been missing out on someone who just wanted to share her love and gift to the world.

Witnesses say that she approached that guy with open arms before he shot her.... that's the part that really tears me up. And it amazes me that I am so overwhelmed by this. I know that 49 people were killed the following night, each with their own story to tell, but I was already hit hard by Grimmie's death. Probably because I got to see what a gifted sweetheart she was.

This taught me a lot about appreciating the beauty of others around me more, because tragedy may take it away. I'm sad that Grimmie's forever gone, but also comfortable knowing that she is where she wants to be, with her God, and also has a great story that will be certainly told over and over throughout the years.

The world is just so fucked up, so freakin' crazy. It makes me feel so sad to read about such acts of total madness. My God. :sowrong:

Pardon me for going back almost six months with this, but I recently saw her very first movie, "Matchbreaker". Until that movie, I never heard of her. Let me tell you, she was brilliant in it! I ranked her performance up there with A-list celeb, Anna Kendrick. Anna not only acted, but sang in two movies, that I know. When I went to IMDB to learn more about Christina Grimmie, I was shocked by what I read. I looked in Time magazine, and an online list of celebrities
we lost in 2016. Sadly, neither listed this phenomenal young woman. So Myriads, thank you so much for this post, and making many of us aware of such a bright light in this world that was put out by an act of violence and cowardice.

Wow... how very sad. :( I rememeber this but... I thought I might have had friends killed at Pulse. So I had to push her death out of mind. What a beautiful song you posted of hers Internet. Haunting too. Gone too soon. :(

Myriads, saddened to hear that you were touched personally by this senseless tragedy. And yes, perhaps predictable in this age of the 24-hour news cycle, coverage of Grimmie's murder has pretty much ceased, but it is still a remarkable coincidence that both events happened in Orlando over successive days (and thankfully I've heard no conspiracist propose that the shootings were in any way related).

What is also sad, though of course nowhere near as tragic, is how because of the Pulse massacre there will be for a very long time a stain on the bright, sunny, tourist-friendly image of the Orlando area, a region I'm somewhat familiar with. Several unsettling things have actually occurred in and around Orlando over the last several years, e.g., the Robert Zimmerman and Casey Anthony trials, and now these shootings form an even darker cloud (and Central Florida develops enough thunderstorm-bearing cumulonimbus clouds on its own, thank you very much).

And even overnight comes a report that a two-year-old toddler was hauled away and presumably consumed by an alligator near a Disney World resort as his parents desperately tried to fight off the gator and save him. :(

Mickey forgot to feed the 'gators, again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's New

4/17/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you updated on where and wehn people are planning to meet up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back