• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Best Songs of the 80's

You're so snobbish and full of yourself when it comes to music that it's ridiculous. Come down from your pulpit and knock off being Mr. High And Mighty for a change. This was my parent's music, I grew up listening to it plus my Grandparent's music as well as music from other eras. Perhaps I do come off like a neophyte to you, but that's only because you're too old and won't, can't or refuse appreciate it for what it was without having a stroke over every minor detail. And yeah, most of it may not have been played on your local radio station or MTV, but who's fault is that?

Bator, calm down, bud! lol. You sound exactly like all the kids in the 80s, telling me I was a snob for listening to Echo & The Bunnymen! Too old? I'm class of '87! LOL!

It's true, and I'm sorry, I've been opinionated/obnoxious about music my entire life, since I was still in single digits and all I cared about was records, records, records. There's lots of 80s stuff I love, obviously, and I post it, here and elsewhere. I had a pretty good vantage point of that decade (for a variety of reasons) (and the one before it) and I feel I have much to add to any discussion of the music scenes from that period. No need to get upset!

Let's not bicker..... It's like this video! A quintessential 80s video if there ever was one! Frankie say.....

Frankie Goes To Hollywood: Two Tribes

another video mtv wouldn't play, lol

Last edited:
Couple of funky pop tunes.

I used to think Spandau Ballet were crap. And I dare most of their songs were crap, I dunno lol. But I really like some of their singles. To Cut A Long Story Short is a good 'un. But this is probably my favourite. From 1981.

And a bit of Miami Sound Machine (from 1984).

Couple of funky pop tunes.

I used to think Spandau Ballet were crap. And I dare most of their songs were crap, I dunno lol. But I really like some of their singles. To Cut A Long Story Short is a good 'un. But this is probably my favourite. From 1981.

That's hilarious, and I couldn't agree more with every single thing you just said; "To Cut A Long Story Short" was the one I liked too, and I was mortified by "True"! (though now I think that's a great record, I was too young to appreciate it....and probably the wrong sex! lol).

The warm voice of... Joe Satriani! 1989.

lol!

That's hilarious, and I couldn't agree more with every single thing you just said; "To Cut A Long Story Short" was the one I liked too, and I was mortified by "True"! (though now I think that's a great record, I was too young to appreciate it....and probably the wrong sex! lol).

Yeah... I think I may still be in the denial phase regarding True lol. Get back to me in, say, 5 years and I'll probably be telling you it's the best pop song ever written! And hopefully that will be down to maturity (rather than a sex change). lol

Christopher Cross.

The Allen Parsons Project.

Sorry if these have been posted, I didn't review the thread.

The Dead Kennedys: Let's Lynch The Landlord

The Dead Kennedys: Kill The Poor

The Dead Kennedys: We Got A Bigger Problem Now

Bator, calm down, bud! lol. You sound exactly like all the kids in the 80s, telling me I was a snob for listening to Echo & The Bunnymen! Too old? I'm class of '87! LOL!

It's true, and I'm sorry, I've been opinionated/obnoxious about music my entire life, since I was still in single digits and all I cared about was records, records, records. There's lots of 80s stuff I love, obviously, and I post it, here and elsewhere. I had a pretty good vantage point of that decade (for a variety of reasons) (and the one before it) and I feel I have much to add to any discussion of the music scenes from that period. No need to get upset!

Let's not bicker..... It's like this video! A quintessential 80s video if there ever was one! Frankie say.....

I am calm, I was calm when I responded and I stand by my words. I'm an honest person and sometimes I wear my heart on my sleeve, but I don't like bullshit in any form and I call a spade a spade when it needs to be done. I usually don't respond to these, I simply say what I want to say and leave it at that. Nothing wrong with Echo & the Bunnymen, Ian McCulloch is one of the best. Ye know, they say opinions are the lowest form of intelligence lol No hard feelings on my part.

Last edited:
Rough Trade - Crimes of Passion

Rough Trade - Birds Of a Feather

Rough Trade - High School Confidential

The Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star

Culture Club - Time {a clock of the heart} Not my kinda thing but Mum loved them and she rocked me to sleep with them, so I was told.

Duran Duran - Save a Prayer

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Welcome To The Pleasuredome {Prince's Trust}

2nd best driving song ever written

Last edited:
Hey Bator, welcome back! I was going to write to you!

Three songs I always associate together, definitely a consistent mood. I'm almost positive I heard them all on college radio circa '84-'85. In an alternative universe, the first two would have been giant hits, especially the Lloyd Cole song. Like many bands and artists from this period, I only liked these particular songs, though if anyone has any favorites from them, I'd be psyched to be turned on to something else.

The Saints: Wrapped Up In Blue

Lloyd Cole & The Commotions: Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken?

The Miracle Legion: Stephen, Are You There?

Last edited:
Hey Bator, welcome back! I was going to write to you!

Hey, right back at you! No problem, write me whenever you like, I don't block anyone. It's bow and moose season here. I never miss hunting season and mission accomplished so far btw. Soon it will be ducks, partridge and deer, I can't wait lol

A little downtown scene.....

The Lounge Lizards: Bob The Bob

The Lounge Lizards: Uncle Jerry

John Zorn: Spillane

I must have April on my mind for some reason

The Jesus and Mary Chain - April Skies

Chalk Circle - April Fool

The Psychedelic Furs - Heaven

Psychedelic Furs - The Ghost In You

The Box - Closer Together

The Box - Inside My Heart {Can't find the original video but at least it's in hq}

Hey, The Internet, this will PWN them all for the 80's!!!

Brace yourselves:

"We Built this City" by Starship

You shouldn't have gone down that road Bohemianne, now you have to pay for it lol

Jeff Lynne - Let It Run {Electric Dreams soundtrack}

Culture Club - Love Is Love {Electric Dreams soundtrack}

Helen Terry - Now You're Mine {Electric Dreams}And yes, she did sing backup for Culture Club.

Phil Oakey and Giorgio Moroder - Together In Electric Dreams

For you geezers lol

Last edited:
The Jacksons - Torture

Joe Jackson - Breaking Us In Two

The Tubes - I Don't Want To Wait Anymore

U2 - A Sort Of Homecoming

The Butthole Surfers: Sweet Loaf

The Butthole Surfers: 22 Going On 23

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back