• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

conversation through a bathroom wall

milagros317

Verified
The apartment next to mine has been vacant since the end of October. The landlord is having it remodeled and modernized (presumably so it can be rented for a lot more than Mr. Kim, the previous tenant, was paying). For the last three days, in particular, I have been hearing hammering and banging through my bathroom wall. On the other side of that wall is the bathroom of the apartment of which I write.

Today, about an hour ago, I went into the bathroom to take a bath and found that the hot water was turned off; only air came out of the spout upon trying to get hot water. I was not happy.

"Son of a fucking bitch!" is what I said, quite loudly.

Here is the conversation that followed, the plumber and I talking through the bathroom wall. He had a Spanish accent but spoke mostly in English.

Me: "Son of a fucking bitch!"

Plumber: "Don't worry, your hot water will be back on in about ten minutes."

Me: "Thank you. Sorry that I cursed."

Plumber: "No problem, I would say the same thing if I wanted a shower and had no hot water. In fact, when I get home from here, if there is no hot water at home, I will say, '¡Hijo de la gran puta!' just as loudly as you said it."

Me: "Doesn't that mean 'Son of the big whore,'?"

Plumber: "Literally, word for word, that is exactly what it means. But even translating literally, I would put it as 'Son of the greatest whore.' In that sentence, 'gran' is referring to her reputation as a notorious whore, not to her size. If I were translating a novel and looking for the closest expression in English, I would use what you said, 'Son of a fucking bitch.'"

Me: "Ah, I see. Have you done any translation work?"

Plumber: "Yes, but I get $75 an hour doing plumbing."

My hot water was back ten minutes later.

I could not help but think, Only in New York City could such a conversation take place.

Oh my god, you really made my day~ Excellent! :laughhard:

Life is full of slightly surreal moments like this. Yet if you put them in a novel or a film, the critics will pan you for "lack of realism" ;)

I would have thought it was only in a Woody Allen film that such a conversation could take place!

lol That's great.
I have lived on the Upper West Side of Manhattan since 1978, and I have come to believe that the dialog in those of Woody Allen's films set here in New York City come from his actual experiences living here. :D

I'm surprised you didn't ask to see his Green Card, Mils! (Just kidding. Funny story)

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back