• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

italian newspaper of 1947

This has been posted here before recently, but you got some pretty nice sized and clear copy. Plus the page with the artickle, too bad it's all in Italian. Maybe someone might be blessed to translate the artickle?

The headline reads:
"An adulteress, with the help of her lover, kills her drunk husband by tickling the soles of his feet."

The headline on the article says, "Death by laughter!" My Italian isn't great, but I can try to translate the whole article shortly.

The first paragraph is priceless. It says, paraphrasing that Cruaco De Velez, Chile is in the news due to a homicide that is unique in both it's statistical rarity but that also was inspired by sadistic fantasy.

"A young bride, unfaithful and without [remorse] conscience, murdered her husband in the sweetest way a man can be killed; by tickling the soles of his feet, bringing horrible pain and outrageous laughter, as shown in our color illustration on the cover."

It goes on the reveal the wife's name, Violeta Mugnez Avila and she was married for 6 months to a man over 40 years older. She was 16 and unhappy in the marriage. She and her boyfriend conspired to commit this horrendous crime in which her husband essentially laughed himself to death, which makes this a murder.
One evening, the husband drank too much and the wife didn't have to wait long before he got so drowsy that she tied him to the bed, securely, went to the yard and grabbed the first chicken she could get her hands on to finish the job.
The two lovers stripped the husband's lower extremities and tickled his feet for an hour, alternating so as not to tire their wrists. He finally died from asphyxiation. The two lovers are in custody.

"A young bride, unfaithful and without [remorse] conscience, murdered her husband in the sweetest way a man can be killed; by tickling the soles of his feet, bringing horrible pain and outrageous laughter, as shown in our color illustration on the cover."

It goes on the reveal the wife's name, Violeta Mugnez Avila and she was married for 6 months to a man over 40 years older. She was 16 and unhappy in the marriage. She and her boyfriend conspired to commit this horrendous crime in which her husband essentially laughed himself to death, which makes this a murder.
One evening, the husband drank too much and the wife didn't have to wait long before he got so drowsy that she tied him to the bed, securely, went to the yard and grabbed the first chicken she could get her hands on to finish the job.
The two lovers stripped the husband's lower extremities and tickled his feet for an hour, alternating so as not to tire their wrists. He finally died from asphyxiation. The two lovers are in custody.

He is the most ticklish human on the earth as we see...

If my victim tickles me 1 hour, I wouldn't die I guess... (I'm a very ticklish guy)

Thanks for clear translation.

My guess is it was due to his drunkennes and advanced age (remember, 50 yrs old in 1947 isn't like 50 yrs old, today). I'm guessing since they never gave him a break for an hour is he probably threw up and choked on it.

One thing kind of disturbs me about this story. Had it been a revenge tickling, I could have some sympathy, but there is no indication any such events had occurred previously. The sadistic fantasy, her running out into the yard to grab a chicken, like there were no feathers already in the house. A simple solution to making it look like he had a heart attack, but such a long way to get there. That poor old man begging and pleading only to have his please fall on deaf ears as they kept up the repetitive tickling of his feet. It must have been driving him mad within a few minutes, but he had no power over stopping it as it continued for an hour.
I've heard Tickled to Death for all my life, but it isn't until I read this artickle that I became aware of how barbaric this act can be.

Last edited:
Seems like she confessed pretty quick too. Talk about her give a damn being busted. lol!

I'm wondering if this was the Italian version of The Weekly World News way back then. Especially with a "novella" published on the same page as this, along with an ad about weak virility treatment from a place literally called "Stab. Farm."

The details are suspiciously similar to "The Screaming Laugh" - a 1938 short story by Cornell Woolrich. Seems like a fake, piece of sensationalist "news". The pulp-style illustration doesn't help.

I find it hard to believe the story. The illustration, however, is fantastic. Dark and stylish.

I was wondering about that as well. The region where all of this allegedly happened, it has a little over 3,000 residents currently. How small must this place have been in the 1940s? That's how a lot of grocery store tabloids worked: find a real, yet obscure place where something wierd yet tittilating to the imagination supposedly happened, but also a place where it would be tremendously difficult to disprove or corroborate the event.

That's why in Shakespeare's time many theatre plays were set in places like Italy or Denmark - recognizable, but too exotic for fact checking.

The details are suspiciously similar to "The Screaming Laugh" - a 1938 short story by Cornell Woolrich

You're definitely right. Good call. I'm sure it's "inspired" by Woolrich. As you said, though, kinda liked the pic.

You're definitely right. Good call. I'm sure it's "inspired" by Woolrich. As you said, though, kinda liked the pic.

Found that original story recently. Fairly dull and anti-climatic, especially after reading so many stories here.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back