Feet in a circle

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What's New?

5/13/2021

The TMF Story and Art Archives collect some of our communities best creators work. Check them out!

New from MTJ

Joey
Lynx #6

Click here
4/30/21

clips4sale.com

The largest clips store online

Explore the TMF

Link Us!

Link your site to the TMF. Info here

Live Camgirls!

Live Camgirls

Streaming Videos

Pic of the Week

Pic of the Week

Trivia Winner:

brad1701

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Blog Entries

World Cup

I couldn't see a thread on it!

I know alas you guys won't be there

But are you going to support or adopt a team?

Nigeria seem to have won the hearts of the neutrals with their glorious kit

I don't hold out much hope for dear old England, as long as we get out of the group!

I think smart money would be on the Germans, Argentina and Portugal

Blog Entries
    I don't much care who wins. For those who have no idea who is in it:
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/w...le/group-stage
    <== the sacred soles of Goddess Shelly

A link to my stories on the TMF.

Buy my first novel "Sorority Sisters" here.

Order one of my collections of short stories from MTJ Publishing here:

TRAPPED AND TICKLED series
    Order Today!

עם ישראל חי
    אֶרֶץ יִשְׂרָאֵל חי

I don't think Portugal has much of a chance, but then again we played terribly and won the Euro, so anything's possible! My bet would be on Germany, Brazil or maybe France.

There should be an award for Most Outstanding Injury Faking, Most Vulgar Goal Celebrating, and Most Violent Hooligan Fans.

Having said that...
    I'm in the USA but I have English blood.
    Featuring the late, great Rik Mayall in probably his last appearance

I'll be supporting my native France !

Cats are known to see within the dark. Yet, if you had sight like a cat, even for one day, would you really want to see what's in the dark ?

Click here to check 101 TMF Weekly Pictures

My money would be on Germany.

Barbershopman

I've backed Brazil to win the tournament and I'm going to stick with them! With Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Roberto Firmino, Philippe Coutinho, and a host of other world-class players all in great form, I think they'll be very, very tough to beat!

That said, Germany, Argentina, and France will all be challenging as well. Germany have an insanely strong squad, Argentina have Aguero and Messi, and France have a lot of depth and some strong firepower up front. And how about Belgium? They've been hyped up over the past few years and in Kevin de Bruyne, they have the best player in English football right now.

As for England? As much as I would love to be proven wrong, I think a last-sixteen place is the best we can hope for. Behind Harry Kane, we haven't got enough firepower upfront, the midfield lacks creativity, and defensively we're not rock solid. We need Dele Alli, Jordan Henderson, and Kane to have immense tournaments if we want to progress further, but let's see what happens!
    Last edited by BritishSteel; 06-16-2018 at 08:20 AM.

I'll probably do what I usually in these big tournaments, which is watch the England games with friends over a few beers until we screw up and then just watch the final.

These days I am more a football follower than a fan, although I still go to see my local team play a few times each season, generally I am much less interested than I was back in the days of Manchester United's dramatic treble, the heart-breaking FA Cup final loss of West Ham to that stunning goal by Gerrard and the era of "Three Lions" being the go-to football song.

That said, the Portugal v Spain game yesterday was a thriller judging by the highlights.

I have Japan in a sweepstake.

Generally, I feel football is a complete sham - the money involved, the fickle approach to hiring/firing managers, the diving, the constant subtle attempts to influence officials, shirt-pulling, macho body language, archaic and abusive attitude of some fans - I find it all vulgar, but at the same time I still enjoy watching a fluent game of football and I really hope the World Cup is as clean and respectful as it can be in terms of players and fans.

Roll on Wimbledon!
    Fun Male ler in the UK. Sometimes a very ticklish and willing lee!

feel free to say hello, pics & info in profile, I would be happy to talk to any of you about anything, especially fellow UK dwellers.

Quote Originally Posted by teamtickleguy View Post

That said, the Portugal v Spain game yesterday was a thriller judging by the highlights.
    That was a truly epic game. I thought Spain had it won, but Ronaldo's goal at the end of the match to preserve a tie, was one for the ages.

Barbershopman

Blog Entries
    England will come to a standstill tonight we we take on mighty Tunisia.

Three Lions on a shirt and all that!

Germany playing catch up already..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman28 View Post
    England will come to a standstill tonight we we take on mighty Tunisia.
    O ye of little faith!

Having said that, the second half was something of a standstill in itself. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vanillaphant View Post

Having said that, the second half was something of a standstill in itself. lol
    These are the exact words I would have used!

Really promising start in first half, although there are plenty of teams who would have put more of those early chances away and that's my concern should we progress. Some teams have 3 Harry Kanes so it doesn't matter so much who chances fall to.
    Fun Male ler in the UK. Sometimes a very ticklish and willing lee!

feel free to say hello, pics & info in profile, I would be happy to talk to any of you about anything, especially fellow UK dwellers.

Blog Entries
    These are the exact words I would have used!
    I think they're the words - or something similar, anyway - that anybody who watched the match would have used! lol (Southgate: "Here's your half-time sleeping pills, guys!") lol

Really promising start in first half, although there are plenty of teams who would have put more of those early chances away and that's my concern should we progress. Some teams have 3 Harry Kanes so it doesn't matter so much who chances fall to.
    Yes. Had the chance fallen to anybody else in the team, it would have been an extremely disappointing draw, I reckon.

Anyone have any idea what nation in the World Cup I could root for that doesn't put people in re-education camps and/or discriminate against any ethnicity or gender preference? I'm feeling Germany and some other European nations might be my only viable option at this point.
    Ghaleon: WHY have you DONE THIS? What IS IT that you CAN SEE that I CANNOT? TELL ME!

Dyne: I see a bright hope for the future that resides in each and every human being.

Ghaleon: I see only DESPAIR!

This is a very strange start to the tournament. It's the first time powerhouses Brazil, Germany and Argentina failed to win their first match, and Germany LOST, but Mexico is no pushover.

Barbershopman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast