• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

HELL WEEK #3 (Tarr2k & Dr. Random) New Release! 9/17/19

Book 2, despite my best efforts, is already a little larger than Book 1, and it's not finished yet, oh dear. It has 12 chapters, 3 interludes, and 2 prologues, although not everything is the same length (Prologue 1 is only two and a half pages). I've been looking for places where I can trim the fat, but I've about hit the limit, we're now at the point where anything removed interferes with the plot, undermines an essential character aspect, or expunges a long tickling scene - none ideal. We may have to kick the third interlude over to the third book; I'd rather not, but it's the one piece that isn't absolutely essential. But yeah, aside of that it's nearing completion, tickle scenes for Prologue 2 and Chapters 3, 4, and 5 need to be written or completed, and just a few touch-ups for the ones in Chapters 7 and 11. Honestly, it'll probably be the first time I have the second work finished before the first is published! XD

As for when that is, I wish I could tell you, but we have to hold that information back in case any issues arise that might effect release. Sorry!

As for something non-spoilery... I can clarify something that is made clear near the beginning of the book anyway, and that is that Ellaine... isn't actually Ellaine. That is, Diane doesn't know her name. Her mentor is trained in an ability that allows her to observe a person and over time, "construct" a version of them in her head so that she can consult or even think like them for a time. Ellaine is a person she once knew that was very crafty and manipulative, so she breaks out that persona when she thinks it's called for. Other times she might be Hannah, who is cagey and cautious, or Geraldine, who is demanding and merciless. And there are more as well. She doesn't tell her name, then, because it breaks her concentration if she is called Ellaine while she's Geraldine, for example. One of her friends amuses himself by calling her The Chameleon. :) She's training Diane in how to do that, since she believes Diane will go very far in the organization.

Oh man, so big already and still not finished? Seems very difficult to write considering that you already trimed it and you are still at the limit. I mean it´s awesome that´s even bigger as the 1st one but this is a tough nut. :-D I hope you don´t have to change to much. It would be very unfortunate if this book turns into something different as you imagined.

Don´t be sorry. I know you can´t tell me the release date and this is totally fine. You need a plan in case of emergency and that´s good.

The stuff with Ellaine sounds great. A character that is multiple characters, seems very fitting for a high Sigma like her. This is definitely very interesting. I think this will be very fun to explore. :-D

Oh man, so big already and still not finished? Seems very difficult to write considering that you already trimed it and you are still at the limit. I mean it´s awesome that´s even bigger as the 1st one but this is a tough nut. :-D I hope you don´t have to change to much. It would be very unfortunate if this book turns into something different as you imagined.

Don´t be sorry. I know you can´t tell me the release date and this is totally fine. You need a plan in case of emergency and that´s good.

The stuff with Ellaine sounds great. A character that is multiple characters, seems very fitting for a high Sigma like her. This is definitely very interesting. I think this will be very fun to explore. :-D

Tickling scenes are the hardest to write. Well, they're the hardest to write WELL! :D Writing a tickling scene is similar in some ways to composing music: everyone knows all the notes, there are many instruments to call upon, a large number of chords or single notes to choose from, and a variety of styles to draw from, but each result has to feel like it is something different, that you're not simply slightly tweaking the same melodies. So it's a slow process. For example, the reason that chapter 7 isn't done is that it needs one more tickling scene, but it is a smaller part of a much, much larger one that is almost entirely written. But it will have some similar elements to a very elaborate scene in chapter 5 that isn't written yet, and so I have to write chapter 5 first to ensure that I have access to as many of those musical tools as I can for that one. That way the later, shorter scene, can be written completely different from that one, which will be easier because the constraints aren't much of a burden, since it doesn't have to be very long.

And today is September 5, 2021, which means that in the world of Hell Week, it's the first day that Tricia, Eva, and Star get their four hours of tickling. The same day all those poor Beta, Omega, and other sorority girls will get their one hour tickle challenge (which means Roxi is getting it right alongside them), and the day Diane will lead the guy who took her virginity (in every way that mattered to her, at least) under a tree so he can give her some sweet tickles she's been missing. :)

Tickling scenes are the hardest to write. Well, they're the hardest to write WELL! :D Writing a tickling scene is similar in some ways to composing music: everyone knows all the notes, there are many instruments to call upon, a large number of chords or single notes to choose from, and a variety of styles to draw from, but each result has to feel like it is something different, that you're not simply slightly tweaking the same melodies. So it's a slow process. For example, the reason that chapter 7 isn't done is that it needs one more tickling scene, but it is a smaller part of a much, much larger one that is almost entirely written. But it will have some similar elements to a very elaborate scene in chapter 5 that isn't written yet, and so I have to write chapter 5 first to ensure that I have access to as many of those musical tools as I can for that one. That way the later, shorter scene, can be written completely different from that one, which will be easier because the constraints aren't much of a burden, since it doesn't have to be very long.

And today is September 5, 2021, which means that in the world of Hell Week, it's the first day that Tricia, Eva, and Star get their four hours of tickling. The same day all those poor Beta, Omega, and other sorority girls will get their one hour tickle challenge (which means Roxi is getting it right alongside them), and the day Diane will lead the guy who took her virginity (in every way that mattered to her, at least) under a tree so he can give her some sweet tickles she's been missing. :)

Oh wow, I didn´t know that tickling scenes are so hard to write. But if you think about it, it makes sense. Especially if you write a tickle scene which is just small but part of a very large one and important for a plot point later in the story. You really have to plan this out through several chapters and don´t lose focus for this kind of things.

Oh man the 1st day of Hell Week! That brings back memories. :-D But soon new memories will be made with book #4 and all the others. :-D

Oh wow, I didn´t know that tickling scenes are so hard to write. But if you think about it, it makes sense. Especially if you write a tickle scene which is just small but part of a very large one and important for a plot point later in the story. You really have to plan this out through several chapters and don´t lose focus for this kind of things.

Oh man the 1st day of Hell Week! That brings back memories. :-D But soon new memories will be made with book #4 and all the others. :-D

Gonna be a blast, I hope. :D

More not-really-spoilery stuff as we wait for publication, I'll introduce you to the new character of Hooper, who will be a significant presence in at least the first five book. Hooper's wife was a Sigma and the closest friend of Diane's mentor, in fact Hooper is the one who gave her the nickname of The Chameleon. Hooper was a college basketball star (hence his nickname of Hooper) but he went into construction work after graduation. He and his wife bought a now-useless industrial building for a dollar and together they converted it into their home. When Hooper lost his job in 2007 when the economy tanked, at her suggested he started a tickling video business to help pay the bills (you must be good if a Sigma finds you an impressive tickler).

Hooper's place is another spot where things will often happen, so here's a detailed look at it. It's a single story brick building, the right half being eight feet taller than the left. When you come in the main door, there is no sign it was ever anything but a home, nice tile on the floor, attractive walls, what exposed bricks they are have been sandblasted to their original red hue instead of the faded orange and white of the exterior. On the left is a close, on the right a decorative basin with mirror where Hooper leaves his keys. Up two steps takes you to the main level. The guest bathroom is straight ahead. On the left is a hall that has the master bath on the left, leading to the master bedroom at the end. The hall allows you to get into the kitchen; the kitchen has a breakfast bar on the side away from the kitchen. The half of the place that has a higher ceiling is a single room they call the Playroom, where the magic happens. It's got everything for entertaining guests, the TV, in the distant corner there's a baby grand piano under a sheet. There are two doors along the wall. The distant one is "wardrobe," where Hooper has costumes and props that might be needed. A set of double doors is his office, which also houses a bunch of bondage devices (turns out many of the ones the Sigmas have were build by Hooper). He can just open both doors, wheel out what he'll need, and shoot his videos. Oh, and trust me, girls from our college will be bound on them. :)

Out front, is the car that his wife got him. It's a 1959 Cadillac convertible, and it will feature a great deal in the story. https://barrettjacksoncdn.azureedge.../Fullsize/Cars/230101/230101_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

Hooper's unique position as a tickling video producer and connection to the Sigmas has also earned him a side job of managing some Sigma related business. He handles distribution of things like the creams and transdermal patches to the Sigma houses, and helps coordinate important events like, oh, a certain Halloween event in the first book... :D

Gonna be a blast, I hope. :D

More not-really-spoilery stuff as we wait for publication, I'll introduce you to the new character of Hooper, who will be a significant presence in at least the first five book. Hooper's wife was a Sigma and the closest friend of Diane's mentor, in fact Hooper is the one who gave her the nickname of The Chameleon. Hooper was a college basketball star (hence his nickname of Hooper) but he went into construction work after graduation. He and his wife bought a now-useless industrial building for a dollar and together they converted it into their home. When Hooper lost his job in 2007 when the economy tanked, at her suggested he started a tickling video business to help pay the bills (you must be good if a Sigma finds you an impressive tickler).

Hooper's place is another spot where things will often happen, so here's a detailed look at it. It's a single story brick building, the right half being eight feet taller than the left. When you come in the main door, there is no sign it was ever anything but a home, nice tile on the floor, attractive walls, what exposed bricks they are have been sandblasted to their original red hue instead of the faded orange and white of the exterior. On the left is a close, on the right a decorative basin with mirror where Hooper leaves his keys. Up two steps takes you to the main level. The guest bathroom is straight ahead. On the left is a hall that has the master bath on the left, leading to the master bedroom at the end. The hall allows you to get into the kitchen; the kitchen has a breakfast bar on the side away from the kitchen. The half of the place that has a higher ceiling is a single room they call the Playroom, where the magic happens. It's got everything for entertaining guests, the TV, in the distant corner there's a baby grand piano under a sheet. There are two doors along the wall. The distant one is "wardrobe," where Hooper has costumes and props that might be needed. A set of double doors is his office, which also houses a bunch of bondage devices (turns out many of the ones the Sigmas have were build by Hooper). He can just open both doors, wheel out what he'll need, and shoot his videos. Oh, and trust me, girls from our college will be bound on them. :)

Out front, is the car that his wife got him. It's a 1959 Cadillac convertible, and it will feature a great deal in the story. https://barrettjacksoncdn.azureedge.../Fullsize/Cars/230101/230101_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

Hooper's unique position as a tickling video producer and connection to the Sigmas has also earned him a side job of managing some Sigma related business. He handles distribution of things like the creams and transdermal patches to the Sigma houses, and helps coordinate important events like, oh, a certain Halloween event in the first book... :D

WOW! I love new characters and Hooper seems like a very interesting one! So he suplies the Sigmas with all the amazing goods and devices and coordinates events? This is very cool! :-D And his wife "was" a Sigma and the colsest friend of Diane´s mentor? I´m very courious now! :-D

I love that you are so into detail. This makes the story really feel alive. I love that the living places are just like big tickle traps and that they have all this amazing stuff to play around. I wonder what new devices we will see. :-D

WOW! I love new characters and Hooper seems like a very interesting one! So he suplies the Sigmas with all the amazing goods and devices and coordinates events? This is very cool! :-D And his wife "was" a Sigma and the colsest friend of Diane´s mentor? I´m very courious now! :-D

I love that you are so into detail. This makes the story really feel alive. I love that the living places are just like big tickle traps and that they have all this amazing stuff to play around. I wonder what new devices we will see. :-D

That's exactly why I love detail, I feel like it gives the world a real sense, and a real sense makes the tickling seem more real to me. :) So I try to put a lot of thought into it, and also try to research things to add to the depth. Plus sometimes it inspires new ideas!

While we've seen a lot of the Sigmas, obviously, here's a bit more of the nitty-gritty. Their chapter is one of the largest there is, with fifty girls in the house. Sigmas are inducted at the start of the first and second semester, so there are two Hell Weeks a year (twice the fun!). The first semester groups tend to be 3-5 girls, because the tickling is intimidating. The second semester, though, are much larger, because the girls have had several months to see some of the special perks their classmates that joined now have, and to see how much of a reputation the Sigmas have. Diane has especially encouraged this, as she has been instrumental in pushing the agenda of her mentor in bringing in girls - like Diane herself - who might not seem like Sigmas on the surface, but underneath they have much to offer. Wendy and Rhonda were actually pledging at two different sororities, but Diane saw their potential for the Sigmas and partners for each other, and now they are, well, the closest pair of Sigma sisters in the house (some jokingly suggest they share the same brain). Diane likes to refer to her house as The Island of Misfit Toys. :)

In larger numbers, the pledges are broken down into groups of three or four and inducted similar to what you saw our trio go through in the trilogy, to help the members of that group bond with each other. After that, over the next month the groups, along with the first semester group, will then be put through regular inter-group bonding activities so that they don't become isolated cliques. They'll still have those their closest too, but they'll feel sisterhood with the rest of their class too. After that, there are bonding activities held that cross class, where two different groups will team up against two other groups in various fun activities - there's tickling, of course, but all in good fun, nothing stressful. :D This helps ensure that even though there are those each Sigma is closest with, they're familiar with and friends with the rest of the house too.

The building has four floors plus the basement. Three are dorm rooms for the girls, plus multiple bathrooms and a lounge on each floor. The ground floor has the lobby, kitchen, a theater, several study rooms, and Diane's office. The basement is full of all manner of delights. :D

Sigmas will often subject one of their own to spontaneous tickling. This has some overall guidelines, essentially it's meant for situations where some girls just want to have some fun, so they'll find someone they can catch either by themselves or with a small group, and have to pin them, and can only use what they personally have on hand. No going to the basement to grab handcuffs or zipties or tickle toys. Also, this isn't punishment, so if the ticklee cries "uncle," you have to let them go. BUT... if they cry "uncle" too soon and not let the girls have their fun, then they're in for it! The girls will get to do it for a much longer period of time, typically while teasing them with a cry of "tickle-chicken!" XD

However, sometimes it's felt a girl has a serious tickling coming for whatever reason. Say she's done something to a few of the others to the point that they want to give her a tickle-punishment. In those cases, they have to go to the officers to get special permission - there are three officers, one head of the house and two subordinates; at the moment they are Diane, Megan, and Stacie. The officers are always seniors, although usually juniors are tapped for some official activities for the house as training. Aiko, for instance, is being groomed to take over the house next year. But anyway, the group of girls can ask the officers for permission to give a Sigma a much-deserved ticking. If the officers agree, they can have access to restraints and tickle-toys, but not to the big equipment. They typically get no more than an hour to tickle the deserving Sigma, after which one of the officers will arrive to end it, make clear this was sanctioned for whatever reason, and to make sure there is then reconciliation rather than grudges. While tickling is punishment sometimes, it's also sometimes a means of bonding, so that's important. :D

Of course, the rules are even more flexible when it's consensual tickling, then you just need to ask for what you need and you'll have it, and this goes for friends of the Sigmas too. Friends are those outside the sorority who have essentially agreed to be an ally to the Sigmas, which can have perks of its own. It allows the Sigmas to build up even more connection to help their influence in the future; while it's nowhere near as helpful as being a Sigma, being a Sigma friend can have the occasional favor called in. This is why Barton sometimes has Sigma gear and toys in their apartment, as a friend in good standing he has permission (plus the fact he frequently uses it on delighted Sigmas there anyway!) ;).

Great teamwork! Tarr2k is a highly recommended tickling storyteller based on my experience drawing/interpreting his story episode... Meanwhile, Dr. Random is a mainstay and one of the in-demand artists around here. Gosh. It's been a while since I've been active and I miss a lot!

That's exactly why I love detail, I feel like it gives the world a real sense, and a real sense makes the tickling seem more real to me. :) So I try to put a lot of thought into it, and also try to research things to add to the depth. Plus sometimes it inspires new ideas!

While we've seen a lot of the Sigmas, obviously, here's a bit more of the nitty-gritty. Their chapter is one of the largest there is, with fifty girls in the house. Sigmas are inducted at the start of the first and second semester, so there are two Hell Weeks a year (twice the fun!). The first semester groups tend to be 3-5 girls, because the tickling is intimidating. The second semester, though, are much larger, because the girls have had several months to see some of the special perks their classmates that joined now have, and to see how much of a reputation the Sigmas have. Diane has especially encouraged this, as she has been instrumental in pushing the agenda of her mentor in bringing in girls - like Diane herself - who might not seem like Sigmas on the surface, but underneath they have much to offer. Wendy and Rhonda were actually pledging at two different sororities, but Diane saw their potential for the Sigmas and partners for each other, and now they are, well, the closest pair of Sigma sisters in the house (some jokingly suggest they share the same brain). Diane likes to refer to her house as The Island of Misfit Toys. :)

In larger numbers, the pledges are broken down into groups of three or four and inducted similar to what you saw our trio go through in the trilogy, to help the members of that group bond with each other. After that, over the next month the groups, along with the first semester group, will then be put through regular inter-group bonding activities so that they don't become isolated cliques. They'll still have those their closest too, but they'll feel sisterhood with the rest of their class too. After that, there are bonding activities held that cross class, where two different groups will team up against two other groups in various fun activities - there's tickling, of course, but all in good fun, nothing stressful. :D This helps ensure that even though there are those each Sigma is closest with, they're familiar with and friends with the rest of the house too.

The building has four floors plus the basement. Three are dorm rooms for the girls, plus multiple bathrooms and a lounge on each floor. The ground floor has the lobby, kitchen, a theater, several study rooms, and Diane's office. The basement is full of all manner of delights. :D

Sigmas will often subject one of their own to spontaneous tickling. This has some overall guidelines, essentially it's meant for situations where some girls just want to have some fun, so they'll find someone they can catch either by themselves or with a small group, and have to pin them, and can only use what they personally have on hand. No going to the basement to grab handcuffs or zipties or tickle toys. Also, this isn't punishment, so if the ticklee cries "uncle," you have to let them go. BUT... if they cry "uncle" too soon and not let the girls have their fun, then they're in for it! The girls will get to do it for a much longer period of time, typically while teasing them with a cry of "tickle-chicken!" XD

However, sometimes it's felt a girl has a serious tickling coming for whatever reason. Say she's done something to a few of the others to the point that they want to give her a tickle-punishment. In those cases, they have to go to the officers to get special permission - there are three officers, one head of the house and two subordinates; at the moment they are Diane, Megan, and Stacie. The officers are always seniors, although usually juniors are tapped for some official activities for the house as training. Aiko, for instance, is being groomed to take over the house next year. But anyway, the group of girls can ask the officers for permission to give a Sigma a much-deserved ticking. If the officers agree, they can have access to restraints and tickle-toys, but not to the big equipment. They typically get no more than an hour to tickle the deserving Sigma, after which one of the officers will arrive to end it, make clear this was sanctioned for whatever reason, and to make sure there is then reconciliation rather than grudges. While tickling is punishment sometimes, it's also sometimes a means of bonding, so that's important. :D

Of course, the rules are even more flexible when it's consensual tickling, then you just need to ask for what you need and you'll have it, and this goes for friends of the Sigmas too. Friends are those outside the sorority who have essentially agreed to be an ally to the Sigmas, which can have perks of its own. It allows the Sigmas to build up even more connection to help their influence in the future; while it's nowhere near as helpful as being a Sigma, being a Sigma friend can have the occasional favor called in. This is why Barton sometimes has Sigma gear and toys in their apartment, as a friend in good standing he has permission (plus the fact he frequently uses it on delighted Sigmas there anyway!) ;).

WOW THAT IS AMAZING! So girls can just catch a Sigma for tickling and then it´s like a tickle game? This is so awesome. I like "tickle-chicken". LMAO! And if it´s serious they must go to the officers and they give access to all the restraints and tickle toys? This stuff is all so good I can´t even imagine where this is going. So many interesting informations. There is a lot to unpack here. :-D

Hey Tarr, are you busy over the last two weeks? I just realized I never asked you this, so who is your favorite Hell Week character? :-D

Hey Tarr, are you busy over the last two weeks? I just realized I never asked you this, so who is your favorite Hell Week character? :-D

Oh, I've been working on finishing up Book 2! :D Just 10 tickle scenes left to write/complete and it's ready to send off! MTJ and I had a great discussion about it, but suffice to say, finishing up HWYB2 has been my obsession lately!

I really can't say I have a favorite, which is probably for the best because that character would take over the story when Hell Week is more of an ensemble. Plus people can easily get sick of the author's pet. Part of what has caused me to re-write and re-write and re-write the next book is that I want to avoid the audience being fatigued by something that I care about a great deal, but they won't be if I don't shut up about it. :)

I gather your favorite is Diane?

Great teamwork! Tarr2k is a highly recommended tickling storyteller based on my experience drawing/interpreting his story episode... Meanwhile, Dr. Random is a mainstay and one of the in-demand artists around here. Gosh. It's been a while since I've been active and I miss a lot!

Thanks very much for popping in to say that, it means a lot to me! :)

Oh, I've been working on finishing up Book 2! :D Just 10 tickle scenes left to write/complete and it's ready to send off! MTJ and I had a great discussion about it, but suffice to say, finishing up HWYB2 has been my obsession lately!

I really can't say I have a favorite, which is probably for the best because that character would take over the story when Hell Week is more of an ensemble. Plus people can easily get sick of the author's pet. Part of what has caused me to re-write and re-write and re-write the next book is that I want to avoid the audience being fatigued by something that I care about a great deal, but they won't be if I don't shut up about it. :)

I gather your favorite is Diane?

Yes, my favorite is Diane. :-D So you re-wrote HWYB 2 multiple times already?

Yes, my favorite is Diane. :-D So you re-wrote HWYB 2 multiple times already?

Many parts of it, yes. Some have been revised dozens of times to try to make it right (and I'm not exaggerating)!

For instance, what I call the stairwell scene, where Diane has taken two male Sigma allies to help her get some answers about a mystery she's solving. Originally I had a relatively straight scene discussing the answers and the Sigma response. Then I added some tickling of Diane in there (it fit the scene!), and then revised it further, then eventually thought, no, we need to see more of Diane interacting with other people so the two men are changed and the essentials of the previous version are incorporated into other scenes in the book. Thus a whole new Diane tickle scene is needed, so that gets added. Then it seems that the two chosen are still wrong so a member of the first group and a member of the second group are now the two with Diane. It isn't a vital scene at all, but getting it right matters because while no one will say it's a great scene, it can hurt the entire book if it's wrong.

Book 2 is very much about Diane because several things will happen on Halloween. So you will see Diane dealing with things as lead Sigma, but you'll also see Diane dealing with things that are personal, and sometimes those will bump up against each other. You'll see her practically control the Sigma house through sheer will, and also see her at her most vulnerable. She's got a lot in book 1, but Book 2 flips it so that instead of Roxi being primary and Diane secondary, now Diane is primary and Roxi is secondary. In book 3, they'll be about equal.

Many parts of it, yes. Some have been revised dozens of times to try to make it right (and I'm not exaggerating)!

For instance, what I call the stairwell scene, where Diane has taken two male Sigma allies to help her get some answers about a mystery she's solving. Originally I had a relatively straight scene discussing the answers and the Sigma response. Then I added some tickling of Diane in there (it fit the scene!), and then revised it further, then eventually thought, no, we need to see more of Diane interacting with other people so the two men are changed and the essentials of the previous version are incorporated into other scenes in the book. Thus a whole new Diane tickle scene is needed, so that gets added. Then it seems that the two chosen are still wrong so a member of the first group and a member of the second group are now the two with Diane. It isn't a vital scene at all, but getting it right matters because while no one will say it's a great scene, it can hurt the entire book if it's wrong.

Book 2 is very much about Diane because several things will happen on Halloween. So you will see Diane dealing with things as lead Sigma, but you'll also see Diane dealing with things that are personal, and sometimes those will bump up against each other. You'll see her practically control the Sigma house through sheer will, and also see her at her most vulnerable. She's got a lot in book 1, but Book 2 flips it so that instead of Roxi being primary and Diane secondary, now Diane is primary and Roxi is secondary. In book 3, they'll be about equal.

This is very cool. I will always say yes to more Diane tickling. :p But book 2 seems very difficult to wirte. I mean in the 1st new book you just had to do minor changes. But book 2 you already re-wrote multiple times cause everything hast to fit plus new tickle scene.

So book 2 will pick up after Halloween Night right? Cause several things will happen there?

This is very cool. I will always say yes to more Diane tickling. :p But book 2 seems very difficult to wirte. I mean in the 1st new book you just had to do minor changes. But book 2 you already re-wrote multiple times cause everything hast to fit plus new tickle scene.

So book 2 will pick up after Halloween Night right? Cause several things will happen there?

Well it comes down to the same thing: what do you need to say, and how are you going to say it? The structure of book 2 is far more difficult because there needs to be a chance to breathe between certain events, if you have the same kind of stuff back to back, it can overstay its welcome. It's a very careful balancing act, so it requires meticulous work to get it just right so that it gives the audience something they'll like, but not to the point of fatigue. Plus it's frickin's huge! XD

The first two books have similar three act structures, a prologue that sets up the book, then a first act that deals with the immediate consequence, then a period of life in the wake of change, and then a day when that comes to a head. So in Book 1, what happened before Hell Week starts is the prologue, then the first act is Hell Week, the second act all the consequences of it, then things come to a head on Halloween. Book 2, prologue looking at Halloween, then the first act is the day after for all the characters, the second act all the consequences of that day, then things come to a head on a particular day again for the third act. That won't work for Book 3 for reasons that might get into spoiler-y territory. :)

Well it comes down to the same thing: what do you need to say, and how are you going to say it? The structure of book 2 is far more difficult because there needs to be a chance to breathe between certain events, if you have the same kind of stuff back to back, it can overstay its welcome. It's a very careful balancing act, so it requires meticulous work to get it just right so that it gives the audience something they'll like, but not to the point of fatigue. Plus it's frickin's huge! XD

The first two books have similar three act structures, a prologue that sets up the book, then a first act that deals with the immediate consequence, then a period of life in the wake of change, and then a day when that comes to a head. So in Book 1, what happened before Hell Week starts is the prologue, then the first act is Hell Week, the second act all the consequences of it, then things come to a head on Halloween. Book 2, prologue looking at Halloween, then the first act is the day after for all the characters, the second act all the consequences of that day, then things come to a head on a particular day again for the third act. That won't work for Book 3 for reasons that might get into spoiler-y territory. :)

A good structure is very important. Makes totally sense. :-D And it´s nice that book 3 will be different. That brings variety. After book 2 is finished I think you need a little vacation for two weeks. :-D

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back