• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Considering a version of "Verified" for the TMF

TMF Jeff

TMF owner and co-founder
One of the things I always have on my mind is the problem of catfishing on the forum, and ways to address it. It's mostly a problem of men pretending to be women so they can trick people into talking sexy with them, but sometimes it's men using pictures of much better looking men in their profiles too I think. I've seen a few accounts over the years that I know are fake, with pictures of super-buff young men in the profile.

And occasionally I seem to hear about someone who gets tricked into going to a meetup that's never going to happen, which is particularly problematic, and something I find extremely objectionable. To be fair, I don't think that's a significant issue for our community

So one option I've been considering recently is having a way for people to become Verified - we would ask them to appear briefly on Skype or another face-time app with a moderator, and then they would get a blue checkmark next to their username.

The way that I envision this eroding catfishing is that when someone has a bunch of pictures with their profile that seem improbable, someone could reasonably ask "If you're comfortable sharing your picture, why aren't you verified?"

And we would create a discussion forum that is only accessible to verified people as a way for real people to meet each other.

What do you think of that? Does it sound viable to you? Or does it sound like it would be unnecessarily intrusive?

Does it sound like an unwelcome burden? Or more like a way to rise above the fakes?

I've thought it through a number of times, but my brain is just an echo chamber for my own thoughts. What do your brains make of this? :)

I remember a post wherein you mentioned the amazing and yet downright frightening strides we've made in terms of facial recognition and fake videos. You wrote something along the lines of "in about 5 years, it will become impossible to say 'this person is who they look like' because the technology would have made it possible to stick any face on any body and vice-versa". Forgive the inaccurate quote, as I am working from memory.

That one concern aside, I'm all for it. Provided a "verified" status would carry no privileges in terms of access to the forum, as it would be unfair to penalize those of us who want to protect their privacy, in this day and age.

That's definitely a good point, and we'll have to evolve to deal with it I suppose. Hopefully new tools will come along to help, like security features in chat programs that detect and ban those.

Also, one final thought to add - anyone verified by NEST would automatically be considered verified here, because they require that you show a legal ID and I'm personal friends with the people who run it so I wouldn't be worried about their integrity.

Would those known personally by one or more moderators be subject to the same procedure?

This is a wonderful idea and you have my support. These catfishers are getting really old and I am afraid with all the advancements happening in technology it's going to get worse. Snapchat I believe has a filter that can make you look like the opposite gender you were born as.

Would those known personally by one or more moderators be subject to the same procedure?

So one option I've been considering recently is having a way for people to become Verified - we would ask them to appear briefly on Skype or another face-time app with a moderator, and then they would get a blue checkmark next to their username.
Wouldn’t this take care of that?

Most groups I've seen lately in many groups like Kik and Discord is a video chat to verify their Identity. That works way better than pictures and you might be able to fix that issue.

No, anyone that we know personally would be automatically verified. Also, you and Kittentoes would be covered by your NEST registration.

It sounds like a fine idea to me. :D
No, anyone that we know personally would be automatically verified. Also, you and Kittentoes would be covered by your NEST registration.
Good to know that attending NEST and meeting some of the moderators in person is sufficient.

I like this idea. But the thing that concerns me, is that, being an old fart and not up to speed on the techno stuff, I'm not sure how I could comply. I've never done skype and don't really know any of the other things that have been mentioned. Then I thought, how about my licence? Yeah, that would scare the crap out of anyone! :p 'cause you all know how great we look on them! Give me a way that I can comply and I will be happy to.

I am for this measure, and would be happy to participate. In fact, I could just point you to my IG account if necessary.

Sounds like a good idea I'am all for it but have a few questions, i think its available as an option on some sites like "Image Fap" this gives people confidence if they see the verification tick.

The idea Robmic suggests using his driver id (i was considering passport) could pose a security problem regarding identity theft, with all the scams going on worldwide, data protection is a big thing in the uk at the moment.

Some people like to remain private and have concerns about images and clips of themselves floating all over the net,except the selfie lovers, most of us wouldn't want our bosses and family seeing us on a tickling fetish site.

would these verification clips be kept on record or stored in a data bank how safe would they be,or deleted once identification was established.

For the record i'am also a more senior person (not an old fart yet,well not quite)

Last edited:
Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back