• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Ideas for sound proofing ... or at least sound dampening

TheMasterTouch

TMF Regular
Hello everyone.

I've been dating a wonderful woman for almost 9 months, and she LOVES being tickled. I couldn't ask for a better partner. There's just one issue: she laughs and screams very loud. She loves when I push her limits, but I live in a small 2-bedroom co-op in Queens and I don't want to disturb the neighbors or have them know when we are playing. I also don't want them to think that I'm hurting her and have them call the police or something like that. So I've been looking into ways to soundproof my bedroom.

I'm most concerned about sounds coming through my ceiling. I can hear what my upstairs neighbors are doing, so I assume they are able to hear anything going on in my place. I don't hear very much from the neighbor with whom I share a common wall, so I'm not as concerned about that. Wondering if any of you have some ideas about this.

Might not be as much of an issue in the summer, as I run the AC constantly. Thought about things like installing sound absorbing panels on my ceiling, as I found some on Amazon. I've also seen these noise making machines that counselors use to ensure patient privacy during a counseling session.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Soundproofing foam on the ceiling is a good start, that will help dampen any echo/reverberation of sound. In general, the more soft/thick stuff on your walls and floors the better. Carpets on the floor do WONDERS for loud sounds echoing through a space. Also, if you have books and a big bookshelf, considering lining your shared bedroom wall with it. Even just wall hangings help cut down on sound.

Also, do not understimate the power of popping on a TV or two while you’re playing. Or if both parties are comfortable, gags.

Play on, so happy you have someone that shares your love for this! <3

Also, do not understimate the power of popping on a TV or two while you’re playing. Or if both parties are comfortable, gags.

I do feel blessed to have her in my life, and not just for this. Part of the frustration is that she WANTS me to push her limits, but I'm feeling self conscious. :)

I showed her a picture of a woman wearing a gag, and that was a hard no for her. I'm not really a fan of them either, as I want to hear her laugh. Perhaps a combination of the TV and AC would work. Maybe I'll get a rug as well.

All good ideas. Thanks.

Understandable! Gags become uncomfortable after a while too!

Rugs totally help. Take a walkthrough of an empty apartment and you can hear every little noise. Good luck!

True. But I was so happy that my development allowed me to install hardwood floors that I didn't get any rugs. :)

Soundproofing foam on the ceiling is a good start, that will help dampen any echo/reverberation of sound. In general, the more soft/thick stuff on your walls and floors the better. Carpets on the floor do WONDERS for loud sounds echoing through a space. Also, if you have books and a big bookshelf, considering lining your shared bedroom wall with it. Even just wall hangings help cut down on sound.

Seconded on the gags! Some stuff like this I never really thought about until I really started doing tickle sessions actively. So many tools of the trade are just plain utilitarian! Restraints? They're there so you don't get a black eye from a thrashing ticklee. Summer clothing? Dude, tickle play gets HOT. You'll be sweating if the room is above 70 degrees, almost guaranteed. Gags? Yep, tickle play is LOUD. You can do something as simple as having a sock or other item of clothing that can easily get spit out. Pillows work too if your room is cool enough.

Play on, have fun!

Oh yes, I love bondage too. I even have a set of stocks to put her feet in. Best money I ever spent. Though I do enjoy "freestyle" tickling as well. Meaning she isn't tied down but I can still control her. :)

Let me follow this post here i have a couple reasons to need soundproofing too lol

This is quite an interesting thread because I always wondered what I should do in case I were to be tickled in an apartment with thin walls. I once heard that you can cover your walls with egg trays which will dampen the sounds. They have been used in recording studios etc. and maybe you get buy some cheap from somewhere. I also recommend checking out stores selling equipment for music studios. Or as already mentioned it may be a necessity with gags. :)

I hope you maybe found a solution already!

This is quite an interesting thread because I always wondered what I should do in case I were to be tickled in an apartment with thin walls. I once heard that you can cover your walls with egg trays which will dampen the sounds. They have been used in recording studios etc. and maybe you get buy some cheap from somewhere. I also recommend checking out stores selling equipment for music studios. Or as already mentioned it may be a necessity with gags. :)

Yeah the cardboard egg trays can be used this way, I know drummers who.have used this trick.

Thing is percussion instruments are a diffferent kind of sound to high pitched laughter so this trick might not transfer....

Hello everyone.

I've been dating a wonderful woman for almost 9 months, and she LOVES being tickled. I couldn't ask for a better partner. There's just one issue: she laughs and screams very loud. She loves when I push her limits, but I live in a small 2-bedroom co-op in Queens and I don't want to disturb the neighbors or have them know when we are playing. I also don't want them to think that I'm hurting her and have them call the police or something like that. So I've been looking into ways to soundproof my bedroom.

I'm most concerned about sounds coming through my ceiling. I can hear what my upstairs neighbors are doing, so I assume they are able to hear anything going on in my place. I don't hear very much from the neighbor with whom I share a common wall, so I'm not as concerned about that. Wondering if any of you have some ideas about this.

Might not be as much of an issue in the summer, as I run the AC constantly. Thought about things like installing sound absorbing panels on my ceiling, as I found some on Amazon. I've also seen these noise making machines that counselors use to ensure patient privacy during a counseling session.

Eggboxes or similar won't do anything to reduce the noise unfortunately. Foam panels, cardboard and other material on the walls of music studios isn't used for soundproofing purposes - it's used for reducing echo/reverb to give a clearer sound. That said, if you fill the room with a lot of furniture, particularly deep materials such as thick rugs, throws, cushions, heavy curtains etc, then that will help to absorb a little of the noise and make it slightly less piercing. An empty room with wooden floor is the worst for carrying noise.

You can get soundproofing panels for walls and ceilings but they are expensive and likely need to cover the whole area in order to work as sound will travel through any small crack. Your best bet may be to use a gag as much as possible and have a TV or music playing in between you and the ceiling or area you're worried about - any noise in between yourselves and the neighbour will help to mask some of the sounds that you make in the room. Close all doors, windows and curtains/blinds. You can also try having additional music on in the next room.

turtleboy is exactly right.
loud music in an adjacent room, both drowns and confuses the sounds of the screaming and laughter.

Hello everyone.

Youre welcome.

https://soundproofpanda.com/soundproof-masks/

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back