• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Closure of the TickleTheater: Down, but Not Out

Tickletheater was the 1st site I found when I got into tickling, glad to hear it'll come back in a different form. :thumbsup:

I've been coming here and the TT for 18 years or whatnot. A lot of the great links were broken and/or some of the pics/vids not functioning. However, a multitude of them were just fine. So much great material. I'd be happy to send $25 or working out something reasonable with a bunch of people here to keep that shit rolling. I myself, was just re-exploring some really old content and loving it. Hope things are going alright with saving the material from the Tickle Theater site in all it's former greatness! I'm sure many people would be happy to help out if possible.

The Theater will come back in another form with (hopefully) no content lost. It just requires a few days of my time that hasn't been available yet. Rest assure that everything on the TT as of when it closed its doors has not been lost.

That's great! Thanks for all you do, HDS! &#55358;&#56599;

Yeah, I noticed it's down... when I found out, I was so sad... I still was talking, from time to times, with a user who was developing a M/M tickling RPG... So sad to loose contact with him. MrUselessBeing, are you on here too?

Anyway, I want to discuss a little about my experience with the Tickle Theater. I discovered that place when it was freshley onpened, in 2002... I was in University, at the time. I already was on TheTicklingMediaForum (God, I remember that the first time I come here I didn't have a pc, so I had to connect from a public internet point, back in 2000, in a mall, with people passing thru the corridor and launching strange see to me... what a memory!)... I founded it to be more "fresh": this place was more serious, with a lot of preview clips and stories, and 40 years old people, while the Tickle Theater had more drawnings, .gif and link for anime tickle videos, and more young people... I swithced from this to the other forum, according to the current "fashion" of the time... usually, when I wanted to see some preview of professional or amateur videos, or when I wanted to talk with other italians in the internation section, I went here; when I wanted to have fun with tickling drawnings, tickling anime videos, or to chat with some co-age tickle friends, from America, I went there. I loved that place, it was like the unformal place (aka a pub) when you hang out with friends, when in College, while this place was more of a formal place (like an expensive tickle-restaurant, when you go with your parents for some important holiday... or a tickle-office too! Lol). The Tickle Theater have always tasted special, for me.

I'm glad you guys are trying to saving that marvellous place!

And, for those who've red until this point, enduring my terribel English: i was Solleticoso on there!!

Any update on this? I loved the TT! It had a lot of great content and good community.

I remember it never seemed to truly recover since there was that database error where a lot of uploaded attachments were lost, everyone seemed to move here permanently after that. Thinking back even that must be around 8 years ago now? Time flies.

I do hope it re-opens if only temporarily to be able to save some classic uploads and stories!

Any update on this? I loved the TT! It had a lot of great content and good community.

I remember it never seemed to truly recover since there was that database error where a lot of uploaded attachments were lost, everyone seemed to move here permanently after that. Thinking back even that must be around 8 years ago now? Time flies.

I do hope it re-opens if only temporarily to be able to save some classic uploads and stories!
Getting the old content online requires a few consecutive days of me off (rare) to play with vB's ImpEx system. Sorry this is taking so long, I'm the bottleneck.

First off, I just want to thank, HisDivineShadow for everything he is doing. I’m pretty sure it is a huge undertaking to keep all that data and find a way to convert it or put it somewhere else. Not to mention the time it takes, he stated a couple days, but I’m guessing it isn’t a couple of hours a day. More like the entire day. So, thank you so much, I personally appreciate anything and everything you are doing. If there is anything I could do to help, please let me know. I’d be happy to do anything I can to make things a bit easier on you. Though, I’m not sure what I can do but I want to extend the offer none the less.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but at least for me. I’ve been on both TMF and TT for over 12 years. I actually started on ATF and went to TT. I even remember being on TT way more than TMF at first. Just like most people I ended up switching later on, due to content and how things were changing. I have so many memories of TT along with ATF (which has been gone for sometime). TT was always full of such vibrant, colorful, and amazing people. It was very “cool” and “hip” for its time. I think it did really push artwork and clips somewhat more then here, but I could be wrong. I know there seemed to be way more links that led to other fun tickling places (at the time). I can’t say enough good things about the ATF, TT, and TMF. Lately, because of the way things have been discussed and seeing TT go down. I’m slightly scared that TMF may eventually see the same fate and with all my heart I hope that never happens. Though, the one lesson I have learned from online stuff is, if it is important to you save it, because just like anything in this life, you never know when things will end. So, I urge and plead with everyone to do what the internet does best. Create a network of people who can share things and make sure to save as much as you can. That way when things do go wrong, we can always find ways to put the pieces back together. Otherwise it will be gone forever. I’ve seen many clip stores go, so many stories I wish I had saved. The other day, I found a bunch of paper I apparently printed out many many years ago, with stories and artwork from TT. I have it saved and when I get a chance to scan it, (my scanner is at work, which means playing a sneaky game of not letting people see what I’m scanning.) I’ll be happy to post it on here. Though, I’m sure HisDivineShadow will have all of what I post in the TT file lol

Anyway, the message is simple. I love with all my heart the many tickling things we as community, those from so many different places, that are not limited to TT, ATF, and even here at the TMF, but to a much larger sense of the community. The many years these places go on, the many different people with various types of likes that all include one simple thing tickling. This should show everyone just how many and how far we extend. The idea of us all sharing one simple thing in common and the history which binds so many of us together should not be forgotten. There have been too many things already lost to void and unfortunately it may be too late for us to get them back, but I urge everyone to push and realize how much it means for it to live on. I know each of us have different definitions of how that should be accomplished, and what the details would be. Though, I personally know there are times when I go to look for something and it is gone. All the hard work, all the fond memories, all the passionate feelings to fade away. Is it something we should allow? Should we be okay with the lost of such things? Will we regret the choices we make now later, because we choose not to save it when we could? Is it okay for us to let history go?

I’m just going to say, I want to say sorry for HisDivineShadow, I know you are trying really hard to save TT, and my whole save things was not towards you and the TT situation. It was more of a thing for others to realize when they like something, to save it, because it can be gone forever. I feel too many times we have lose things that can make not just ourselves, but others happy.

I tend to not to post at all. Partially because I spend so much time dealing with my life, so I understand why you and others are so busy. Not to mention my own insecurities and other things that hold me back. Though, I felt an huge amount of passion for this thread and wanted to really write down my thoughts and feeling. I hope to push others to act now, because I myself know how it feels to not act and lose. I hope to remind those of what joy and pleasure this thing we call tickling bring to us and not to let it go.

First off, I just want to thank, HisDivineShadow for everything he is doing. I’m pretty sure it is a huge undertaking to keep all that data and find a way to convert it or put it somewhere else. Not to mention the time it takes, he stated a couple days, but I’m guessing it isn’t a couple of hours a day. More like the entire day. So, thank you so much, I personally appreciate anything and everything you are doing. If there is anything I could do to help, please let me know. I’d be happy to do anything I can to make things a bit easier on you. Though, I’m not sure what I can do but I want to extend the offer none the less.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but at least for me. I’ve been on both TMF and TT for over 12 years. I actually started on ATF and went to TT. I even remember being on TT way more than TMF at first. Just like most people I ended up switching later on, due to content and how things were changing. I have so many memories of TT along with ATF (which has been gone for sometime). TT was always full of such vibrant, colorful, and amazing people. It was very “cool” and “hip” for its time. I think it did really push artwork and clips somewhat more then here, but I could be wrong. I know there seemed to be way more links that led to other fun tickling places (at the time). I can’t say enough good things about the ATF, TT, and TMF. Lately, because of the way things have been discussed and seeing TT go down. I’m slightly scared that TMF may eventually see the same fate and with all my heart I hope that never happens. Though, the one lesson I have learned from online stuff is, if it is important to you save it, because just like anything in this life, you never know when things will end. So, I urge and plead with everyone to do what the internet does best. Create a network of people who can share things and make sure to save as much as you can. That way when things do go wrong, we can always find ways to put the pieces back together. Otherwise it will be gone forever. I’ve seen many clip stores go, so many stories I wish I had saved. The other day, I found a bunch of paper I apparently printed out many many years ago, with stories and artwork from TT. I have it saved and when I get a chance to scan it, (my scanner is at work, which means playing a sneaky game of not letting people see what I’m scanning.) I’ll be happy to post it on here. Though, I’m sure HisDivineShadow will have all of what I post in the TT file lol

Anyway, the message is simple. I love with all my heart the many tickling things we as community, those from so many different places, that are not limited to TT, ATF, and even here at the TMF, but to a much larger sense of the community. The many years these places go on, the many different people with various types of likes that all include one simple thing tickling. This should show everyone just how many and how far we extend. The idea of us all sharing one simple thing in common and the history which binds so many of us together should not be forgotten. There have been too many things already lost to void and unfortunately it may be too late for us to get them back, but I urge everyone to push and realize how much it means for it to live on. I know each of us have different definitions of how that should be accomplished, and what the details would be. Though, I personally know there are times when I go to look for something and it is gone. All the hard work, all the fond memories, all the passionate feelings to fade away. Is it something we should allow? Should we be okay with the lost of such things? Will we regret the choices we make now later, because we choose not to save it when we could? Is it okay for us to let history go?

I’m just going to say, I want to say sorry for HisDivineShadow, I know you are trying really hard to save TT, and my whole save things was not towards you and the TT situation. It was more of a thing for others to realize when they like something, to save it, because it can be gone forever. I feel too many times we have lose things that can make not just ourselves, but others happy.

I tend to not to post at all. Partially because I spend so much time dealing with my life, so I understand why you and others are so busy. Not to mention my own insecurities and other things that hold me back. Though, I felt an huge amount of passion for this thread and wanted to really write down my thoughts and feeling. I hope to push others to act now, because I myself know how it feels to not act and lose. I hope to remind those of what joy and pleasure this thing we call tickling bring to us and not to let it go.

Lovely thing to write and I fully agree. Here's to the TT returning in 2021 even if only temporarily.

I really miss Tickle Theater, I discovered it in 2004 when i was fresh in college and bored google searching and i found out my thing for tickling was something more and Tickle Theater really helped me understand what it was all about. will be missed RIP.

Don't you think that what was unique about Tickle Theater is that it was more about pure tickling and less sexual and dirty like other websites?
It was a warm place to enjoy the beauty of tickling

Don't you think that what was unique about Tickle Theater is that it was more about pure tickling and less sexual and dirty like other websites?

For me there were a lot of great stories and old pictures that I can't seem to find on the TMF. I should have downloaded when I had the chance :(

Haven't been there in years but I think you are correct, there was a little less crossover like we have now. I think tickling IS sexual given how many times I've touched one area that isn't supposed to cause laughter and lees always tell me it was a tickle turn on. There also was some material I think was unique to that forum.

I wouldn't say that Tickle Theater was less sexual. My impression - and the thing that caused me to be much more active on Tickle Theater than here - is that it was more open to depictions of tickling that weren't tickle TORTURE, that weren't all about tickling being the worst torture EVAR.

Apologies for bumping but checking in if there's any further update.

Is there a time limit before it will be too late to recover?

I was a pretty active member of TickleTheater back in the day. I created a profile here, but never utilized it until now.

As participation slowed down, one thing that seemed to happen was that LGBT members stopped posting. I'm not trying to imply that the straight members were bullying us, I never saw that happen, it was just a gradual slow down, and with so few of us LGBT members there in the first place, posts from us just seemed to come to a complete stop sooner than the other members.

There was a handful of straight guys that I chatted with there from time to time, as well as women, and it seemed to be a good bunch of people.

Of course, I remember HDS there, and I'm glad to see him here too.

Minor update since this got bumped is that the TT was so old and rickety that it had attachments stored in the original way vB saved them (see post #3) which meant that they did not import properly. Managed to get around that error, but in the time it took I ran out of free time, so now we're stuck waiting for me to have time again. -_-

Good to see many TT folks pop up, even if it is in the context of me being slow. ;_;

Happy to hear things are gradually moving! Does this mean a lot of the old attachments that were lost years ago will be available again when the site is eventually back up? Looking forward to when it eventually happens!

Last edited:
TMF will be following suit in a less than 3 years

Unless you're willing to jump in and help update things, don't think I'd criticize those keeping this site going.

Minor update since this got bumped is that the TT was so old and rickety that it had attachments stored in the original way vB saved them (see post #3) which meant that they did not import properly. Managed to get around that error, but in the time it took I ran out of free time, so now we're stuck waiting for me to have time again. -_-

Good to see many TT folks pop up, even if it is in the context of me being slow. ;_;

No rush Shadow, thanks for all your hard work!

Unless you're willing to jump in and help update things, don't think I'd criticize those keeping this site going.

And here is a prime example of one of the many reasons why. These people "helping update things" are far too sensitive. Which btw, that is helpful criticism. But, go ahead and go the way of thinking criticism is only insulting. Don't say anything if it isn't nice right. No thanks.

I can go on for a while as to the other reasons, as could anyone who understands expansion. I will not. To see this place fall will be hilarious. But, until then I'll enjoy it's limited resources from time to time. Or get banned. I'll probably get banned. Have my post privilege's restricted is almost inevitable. Again, another reason why this site will fall. And again, constructive criticism. You're welcome.

And here is a prime example of one of the many reasons why. These people "helping update things" are far too sensitive. Which btw, that is helpful criticism. But, go ahead and go the way of thinking criticism is only insulting. Don't say anything if it isn't nice right. No thanks.

I can go on for a while as to the other reasons, as could anyone who understands expansion. I will not. To see this place fall will be hilarious. But, until then I'll enjoy it's limited resources from time to time. Or get banned. I'll probably get banned. Have my post privilege's restricted is almost inevitable. Again, another reason why this site will fall. And again, constructive criticism. You're welcome.

Let's see, place opened in 2001 (pre 9/11), has over 100k members, tons of content and somehow, someway is STILL around. Yeah, this place will fall in 3 years. 20 years of existence and millions (including lurkers) enjoy, but some random guy who registered in May 2021 is predicting the fall. Yeah, sure. This forum is user driven. It is up to the members here to provide content. The "owners" here finance this place nd make sure it is running. But if this place were to ever fall, it wouldn't be because of "ownership", it is because users just stop contributing to this forum and people leave in droves. Now, why would they do that?

You do realize the mods here have a lot of personal sacrifice to keep this place running right? Funny how people such as yourself say something absolutely ridiculous, yet you still come here. "I'll enjoy the limited resources", well, go enjoy a place with MORE resources. Everyone knows you do the things you say here are to cause a reaction. I know this, you know this, everyone knows this. But I like calling people out so here I am...Just giving you constructive criticism...

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back