• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Guidance on Multiple Thread Posts / Redundant Thread Posts

chicago

Just wondering what the guidance is for multiples of the same threads posted in various subforums.

I see this with producers who will post one ad in vidclips and the same in their assigned forum.

Al Roker is sick in GenDis and Sports

I think the other day someone straight up mobbed every forum about a youtube channel tryna get 5000 subscribers

I mean this isn't Reddit. There's only so many people interacting here. There's not even enough to report the "replacement window seattle owen henry windows and doors" ad spam in folks visitor messages or the "cali lickled and nibbles" pirated video posted in the clips section. Not blamin anyone, just saying are we really that big of a community that we need to crosspost anything?

Thanks for all you do, mods. This isn't a complaint.

Basically the rules involving if a post belongs in a specific forum or not are based around how we have chosen to limit each subform internally.

This is not always explicit. Which causes some confusion. But as is so often the case here, once we make a rule explicit there seems to be a race by a group of members to find out exactly how close some folks can get to the rules edge without breaking it. We found that annoying, so our rules became a bit... opaque in some areas. It stops rule edge walkers from playing. We just pitch them into the pit.

But back to your specific question.

In the case of producers that post in multiple forums, that is usually a case of putting a video clip in clips, and placing a bunch of images in images. As they just copy/paste the post you get the clips and pictures in both. But that is a valid use of those forums. A clip post is 100% cool if it has a clip attached. If it has pictures no big. And vice versa for Images.

Now these ad posts will get zapped if they were dropped in Tickling discussion, because they are not about discussion but advertising. Exceptions could be a new company making their first posts (that merits some discussion) or a major event (Like a popular model of the level of Pricilla James returning to make new content) but 99% of the time that sort of post doesn't belong in Tickling Discussion.

In the same way we'll allow a non-producer posting a home made clip or image (The recent meaty 9's comes to mind) in Tickling Discussion as the user is often looking to create discussion. The "What would you do to my wife" one that recently was there is a perfect example of this sort of post.

Al Roker begin ill is certainly a post that fits in General Discussion, but it also is no issue to cross post to Sports, which is a subform of General Discussion, and is fitting as Roker was a sports figure. If we suddenly saw a lot of posts that are really only sports ones popping up in GenDis we'd probably quietly see that they scaled back.

This somewhat looser topic posting rule allows for a more comfortable feel that we feel is a bit more welcoming then the more authoritarian boards that go batshit nuts if you accidentally post something in the wrong place. We are not doing brain surgery here. There is room for some fuzziness.

In some cases you'll see forums kept pretty tight. Personals, Gatherings, both don't have other things then their base topics allowed. The poor chatroom forum gets slogged out weekly as people seem to love to post whatever they want there for some reason.

And of course anything that has a whiff of political debate gets whisked away into the dungeon of P&R.

So hopefully that answers why we allow some crossposting, and not other. For the order minded we realize it can be... challenging to see. However, like the slightly ill defined world we live in, the forum is a reflection.

Myriads

I really appreciate you taking the time to write that out.

Thanks for clearing it up :)

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back