• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The pain of being a girl playing MMOs

I can't say I know a lot about MMO's (dang slow internet). But, I've heard stories about stuff like this happening.

I've heard stories about how some MMO player's won't even let a girl join their team.

It's really a shame that kind of stuff happens though.

I can't say I know a lot about MMO's (dang slow internet). But, I've heard stories about stuff like this happening.

I've heard stories about how some MMO player's won't even let a girl join their team.

It's really a shame that kind of stuff happens though.

I hear the most anti-female crowd among gamers are MOBA players. Those are the worst, they literally machine-gun you with insults if you are on the same team and even more so if you are in the opposite one. God help you if you are female, as they take it as a sign of weakness :rolleyes:

Conversely, being a girl can sometimes bring its own set of advantages. In Eve online, an MMO I've been playing since 2013, female players are often offered free gifts, encouragement and support from the otherwise elitist community. It happens because of a strange combination between the unique economics at play within the game, the difficulty of said game and the rarity of female players (about 96.7% of Eve players are male according to the developers).

Then there is the pen-and-paper RPG crowd, mostly female in my experience. Only miniature wargaming seems to still be mostly a boy's club as far as I can tell. Been playing Warhammer since 1998, and I have never ever encountered a female opponent, not even in tournaments.

I hear the most anti-female crowd among gamers are MOBA players. Those are the worst, they literally machine-gun you with insults if you are on the same team and even more so if you are in the opposite one. God help you if you are female, as they take it as a sign of weakness :rolleyes:

Conversely, being a girl can sometimes bring its own set of advantages. In Eve online, an MMO I've been playing since 2013, female players are often offered free gifts, encouragement and support from the otherwise elitist community. It happens because of a strange combination between the unique economics at play within the game, the difficulty of said game and the rarity of female players (about 96.7% of Eve players are male according to the developers).

Then there is the pen-and-paper RPG crowd, mostly female in my experience. Only miniature wargaming seems to still be mostly a boy's club as far as I can tell. Been playing Warhammer since 1998, and I have never ever encountered a female opponent, not even in tournaments.

About females being weak gamers. I have one thing to say to those kind of gamers. Morgan Webb. I bet she could beat must of them.

But, Seriously. I've never understood that way of thinking. I mean, what does gaming skill have to do with what's between your legs. I believe in equal opportunity gaming.

Of course, you could use that. Let the boys think you're a weak gamer, then their ego will take a bigger hit when you destroy them. :)

Yup, freaking Incels treating female gamers like their subhuman.

Harassing them, sending them death threats...it's freaking disgusting.

I've definitely heard of this happening to girl gamers. Granted, we now have a significant market for female Twitch streamers, and women compose about half of the gaming market overall, so a lot of the problems are likely to lessen over time. That being said, the gender ratio of players for various games can vary wildly.

Some MMOs are mainstream enough that it's a relatively even gender ratio (like WOW). More obscure MMOs tend to be male dominated, which is likely where more of the nonsense takes place.

I've also heard of this happening in games like Overwatch and other multi-player first person shooters.

Some people just don't know how to behave.

Yeah, a lot of this is why I just play single-player games. The simping gets very annoying very quickly. I don't have anything against girls who play games and never understood why they get so turned off by guys who do play games. All they are are just a way to relax after work and escape reality for a bit. But then you get these pricks who take everything so damn seriously it just takes the fun out of everything.

Single-player games are where it's at, but I do miss the days of playing co-op with my friends in Halo 3 and what not. Those were good days.

It is important to note that the experiences of female gamers can vary greatly depending on the specific gaming community, game genre, and individual interactions. While some female gamers may face discrimination, harassment, and toxicity in certain gaming communities, it is not a universal experience for all female gamers. There are also positive experiences where female gamers are treated with respect and support.

Unfortunately, it is true that online gaming communities, including MOBAs (Multiplayer Online Battle Arenas), can sometimes be associated with toxic behavior, including sexism and harassment towards female gamers. This can manifest as verbal abuse, harassment in voice or text chat, or exclusion from certain groups or activities. Such behavior is unacceptable and goes against the principles of inclusivity, diversity, and respect.

It is important to note that the experiences of female gamers can vary greatly depending on the specific gaming community, game genre, and individual interactions. While some female gamers may face discrimination, harassment, and toxicity in certain gaming communities, it is not a universal experience for all female gamers. There are also positive experiences where female gamers are treated with respect and support.

Unfortunately, it is true that online gaming communities, including MOBAs (Multiplayer Online Battle Arenas), can sometimes be associated with toxic behavior, including sexism and harassment towards female gamers. This can manifest as verbal abuse, harassment in voice or text chat, or exclusion from certain groups or activities. Such behavior is unacceptable and goes against the principles of inclusivity, diversity, and respect.

Totally agree with this, it’s important not to tie every mmo with the same brush, however where it does happen and I hope it gets stomped out in the future, as I have some awesome female gamer friends and some of the crap they tell me, they get thrown at them, is just bloody ridiculous, so I hope in the future it gets weeded out,

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back