• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Ability to edit others comments in blogs

chicago

In the blog section, you have the option to edit someone else's comments on your blog posts. I can understand the option of deletion, but why the ability to change someone else's words?

Just how the software is. Someone made a choice in 1999 when they wrote it, and it is a pretty stupid one in todays light, but made more sense back then I guess.

I guess its worth thinking twice before posting something snarky on another blog, as you'll never be sure if you won't end up saying something... unexpected.

Myriads

I guess its worth thinking twice before posting something snarky on another blog, as you'll never be sure if you won't end up saying something... unexpected.

Myriads

And what of the concerns of people who don't post something snarky and have their comments edited? Is the advice for them just as dismissive?

It was a stray thought I had as I was replying that I should have shitcanned, but posted in my usual rush.

I'll look into disabling editing of blog replies in total. I that is an option.

Muyriads

I appreciate it. I am not the most technically-inclined, but I have come to understand the software has its limits. Thanks again.

I think I killed the ability to edit any comments. Take a check.

Myriads

I still have the option to edit comments that aren't my own. :(

But if the mods can see who does the edit / what the changes are, then I don't see it being a big deal.

Just how the software is. Someone made a choice in 1999 when they wrote it, and it is a pretty stupid one in todays light, but made more sense back then I guess.

Myriads

And what of the concerns of people who don't post something snarky and have their comments edited? Is the advice for them just as dismissive?

Oh no, that latter comment was *entirely appropriate and spot-on.
I deleted the "snarky" material from what I found in a blog comment, (it's probably still available to illustrate this point) and kept the on-topic response,
....until I received *another question that should've been a private message. Then I just erased all of it.

When... people... post "snark" or incendiary questions upon other people's blogs, they should be thankful that (they were allowed in the first place) the ONLY editing that was done

was surgical removal.

Last edited:
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back