• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Recommendation: MEDIEVAL KINGDOMS 1212 AD (Attila: Total War mod)

Tenebrae

Verified
Hello fellow gamers!

I just wanted to recommend to y'all a wonderful mod I have been playing intensively for the past few weeks. Maybe like me you are a fan of deep strategic video games, like the TOTAL WAR series. Maybe also you are kinda starving for a good quality medieval video game that would be up to the standard set by Rome 2, Shogun 2 and Warhammer 2. Medieval II is really too old now, and even if you mod the hell out of it, the graphics and gameplay are way too lackluster.

If you agree with me, here's the good news: a team of highly skilled modders have published a mod for Attila that takes all the good gameplay and gorgeous graphics of the latter, but converts it totally for a MEDIEVAL experience. All you have to do is purchase Attila, and install the mod, which is available for free on Steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1429109380

There are about 10 separate packs to install, and you have to make sure they are executed in the correct order. But once you've done that, you're in for one hell of a ride! Seriously, this game has it all except naval combat (you can build military ports, the tech is also there, but the "raise fleet" button is greyed out; the mod is still a work in progress although it is 90% finished):

- Multiple and historically accurate factions
- Events such as crusades and the great famine of 1315
- Succession lines, albeit in a simplified and straight-to-the-point way compared to CKII
- Wonderful, amazing in-depth strategic combat. Armor, skill and weapon types matter a lot, as well as terrain, weather; everything you can expect from a Total War video game. You can storm walled cities, besiege forts, and of course slaughter everyone.
- A clever economic development system, complete with simple yet effective sanitation/epidemic mechanics
- Every unit in the game has been the object of a historical research and has been modeled in 3d from head to toe. Spanish knights look completely different from their French or German counterparts, are named differently, and behave differently on the battlefield

I could go on, but I'll let you find out. This mod is amazing. If you like medieval warfare, you should get it. My only qualms with it are the absence of fleets and naval combat (mentioned above) as well as the strange diplomatic system which favors treason a bit too much. There are almost no penalties for attacking an ally with whom you have a ton of treaties, and no option to confederate à la Warhammer. For instance, if you are one of the four crowns of Spain, even if you become much stronger than your rivals, you cannot peacefully integrate them like it happened historically. You have to attack and annex them, even though you are allied, and you suffer no penalty for doing so. Apart from that, the game is every bit the Medieval III that Creative Assembly has never given us~

Last edited:
What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back