• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Question for PRODUCERS, MODELS, CAMERA PEOPLE

willowsoless

TMF Novice
I've been trying to up the quality of my content. What cameras do you use/recommend? Something relatively affordable, as I don't make content full time. I also have 0 camera skills. Any help would be awesome! Thanks in advance

I'd suggest the best way to develop some camera/shooting skills would be to start watching tickling clips and try copying what you like yourself. I hope you really like to watch these lovely ticklish emotions yourself so you will try to make it as good as or better than other ticklingvideomakers.

As for the gear, can't help you much, because we use several very expensive cameras, lenses and lighting. As we also don't make our tickle therapy content full time :) Some of us are tickle therapists, and some are professional cameramen and videomakers. And we all just love what we do :)
My educated guess is that we spend much more money on shooting gear than anyone else here among the producers.

My advice: cameras are less important than good lighting, setup, angles of shooting, composition and color grading.

My advice: cameras are less important than good lighting, setup, angles of shooting, composition and color grading.

I would agree with this advice. There are many good cameras out there. You can get the bestest, most expensive, fanciest one out there, but if you don't know how to use it, it doesn't matter. So yes, what ever camera/video equipment used, you need to know how it works, in conjunction with those other things mentioned (which are very important, even with modest camera equipment). Like many things, practice, practice.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of point of view videos, but I understand how challenging that can be to film. If I were filming I would probably go with several go pro cameras because of their extremely fast frame rate. The Hero 5 can do 240fps at 1080p and Go Pro cameras are relatively inexpensive and super versatile cameras. With a such a good frame rate and the built-in image stabilization on the 5, you get smooth fast film.

The tickler could wear one of the cameras as the A camera, then position a B and C shot.

Frame rate and at least 1080p film quality would be my first go-to to spec out a camera, then see about being able to film in 4k.

On side note, can anyone lend advice on how one could be able to break into their own scene of producing content? I think it would be fun hobby, and would love to gain education on how to do stuff like this. Did you learn by taking a course or what?

Worry more about lighting than anything first. Decent lighting can make a "mediocre" camera make really good video, and poor lighting can result in a really expensive camera making crap video.

Grab a cheap DSLR to start, you can get a used one with a lens for as little as $200 and sometimes even less than that. Get your bearings with an older model while you learn the basics of videography and lighting.

Ive been toying with the idea of going to a new gopro. Cheap dslr or even a 4k capable camcorder is good to start. Some of my clips were filmed with an iphone pro which is shocking with how good it films.

Lighting is a priority for anything.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

DSLR is too much for today. It's not worth it. Go mirrorless or honestly the Sony ZV-1 is a monster of a camera with everything you will need. Panel lights or high softball bulbs are all amazing to use

DSLR is too much for today. It's not worth it. Go mirrorless or honestly the Sony ZV-1 is a monster of a camera with everything you will need. Panel lights or high softball bulbs are all amazing to use

Used DSLR's are great way to build an entire "kit" on the cheap, though. A way to dip the toes in and learn cinematography without dropping serious cash on equipment they might not stick with.

You know on the topic, though "phone producers" tend to get made fun of, depending on what phone OP has, he might be able to make due with that and focus entirely on better lighting. The consensus is worry more about lights, though.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back