• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What Age Do Forum Members Consider To Be "Old"

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
This is merely posted as an opinion thread.

I wanted to post to get forum members ideas of what they consider to be "old"

I will wait for replies before posting my views.

IMO, there isn't an exact age to be considered "old". It's all in how a person acts.

Like I'm nearly 40, but been told that I act about 60 sometimes while I know someone in her 50's but she can act like a 5 or 10 year old, speaking in a maturity stand point that is.

Look up the old Beatles classic, "When I'm 64" (my current favorite)(and, my current age).... I dunno. If you think you're old, then I guess you is.

Last edited:
Normally I would say "old" is when someone drives 5mph under the speed limit in the left lane for no apparent reason.

Seriously though, I'm not sure. I know people in their 70's who I wouldn't normally think of as old.

I could go on a philosophical rant (who would've thought) about the relativity and perception of time as well as the age of the atoms in our bodies and the regeneration of cells that make up our bodies. If I did that, things would get real heavy REAL quick so I won't bore anyone with such a rant :)

When I was 18 and a senior in high school, my father was 50 and I thought of him as old. That is because he acted old. As soon as he got home from work, he would strip to his underwear, sit in the reclining chair in my parents' bedroom, chain smoke cigarettes, and watch television. Numerous burns in the upholstery of the chair testified to how often he dozed off. Most often, he needed to be awakened for dinner. After dinner, he would usually just watch TV until The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson came on and go sleep after Johnny's opening monologue.

In contrast, at 71 I don't consider myself to be old yet. This is because I keep active and have various interests.

When I was 18 and a senior in high school, my father was 50 and I thought of him as old. That is because he acted old. As soon as he got home from work, he would strip to his underwear, sit in the reclining chair in my parents' bedroom, chain smoke cigarettes, and watch television. Numerous burns in the upholstery of the chair testified to how often he dozed off. Most often, he needed to be awakened for dinner. After dinner, he would usually just watch TV until The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson came on and go sleep after Johnny's opening monologue.

In contrast, at 71 I don't consider myself to be old yet. This is because I keep active and have various interests.

So he would sit in his underwear chain smoking while watching television and not even bother to help you with your homework? Did he ever spend any time with you?

So he would sit in his underwear chain smoking while watching television and not even bother to help you with your homework? Did he ever spend any time with you?

He spent time with me and my brother at meals. We also watched baseball games together on TV.

As far as I can remember, he never once helped me with my homework. He once said to me, "My job now is to earn money. Your job for now is to get excellent grades in school. Believe me, someday you'll look back and wish that was all you needed to do."

He spent time with me and my brother at meals. We also watched baseball games together on TV.

As far as I can remember, he never once helped me with my homework. He once said to me, "My job now is to earn money. Your job for now is to get excellent grades in school. Believe me, someday you'll look back and wish that was all you needed to do."

Hmmm...I'd disagree with him in that his job didn't just merely entail "earning money" but rather it also involved being a parent.

But then again, I "NEEDED" help from my parents and others myself to do my school work. Well...at least he spent time with ya.

I have not looked at this thread in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the feedback.

I will post my thoughts.

I asked my aunt. (Who is almost 80) if she considers me. "Old"

She said. "Absolutely not"

I think that age is a frame of mind.

I know that 51 is not "old"

As people on here know. I have epilepsy , and migraines.

Luckily, the epilepsy seems to be under control, as I have far fewer seizures than I used to due to my wonderful Dr, and the medication he has me on.

The migraines are a different story. I get them far more frequently, then either my Dr or me would like.

I know that many actors, public figures, politicians, work into their 80s and 90s.

While I'm not "old" I also know that I'm not exactly "young"

As my grandfather used to say about aging. "What's the alternative?"

It's a hard question to answer...some days i feel young, some days i feel my age, which is 65....age is an attitude, not a number...and of course your idea of what is old changes when you indeed reach that far off middle age, which is considered old age....why is 65 considered old age? My uncle lived to be ninety...my brother in law's father is 94...that would make me, at 65, to be more middle than old age...

Again i think it all has to do with your attitude and how you feel, most importantly mentally...keep yourself mentally active and young thinking and you will feel young...or young at heart, which is probably how i would describe myself..

Outwardly i have just a few wrinkles, but for the most part not too many...i always looked younger than my age, which as a kid i hated but as i grew older it was great...now i'm not so sure i do look younger, but i'm very critical of how i appear in a mirror and tend to avoid looking as much as possible lol...

However i am alive...my husband is alive...we both survived the covid year intact...we just feel as young as we wish to feel.

AND WE ARE BOTH FULLY VACCINATED AND NO LONGER NEED TO WEAR A MASK WHEN GROCERY SHOPPING!!!!

I actually agree with the father. Some of the truest words ever spoken. That's why schools have teachers and support centers should a student be struggling.

Hmmm...I'd disagree with him in that his job didn't just merely entail "earning money" but rather it also involved being a parent.

But then again, I "NEEDED" help from my parents and others myself to do my school work. Well...at least he spent time with ya.

I actually agree with the father. Some of the truest words ever spoken. That's why schools have teachers and support centers should a student be struggling.

I thank you for your support on behalf of my father (who died in 1997 aged 79).

It's a hard question to answer...some days i feel young, some days i feel my age, which is 65....age is an attitude, not a number...and of course your idea of what is old changes when you indeed reach that far off middle age, which is considered old age....why is 65 considered old age? My uncle lived to be ninety...my brother in law's father is 94...that would make me, at 65, to be more middle than old age...

Again i think it all has to do with your attitude and how you feel, most importantly mentally...keep yourself mentally active and young thinking and you will feel young...or young at heart, which is probably how i would describe myself..

Outwardly i have just a few wrinkles, but for the most part not too many...i always looked younger than my age, which as a kid i hated but as i grew older it was great...now i'm not so sure i do look younger, but i'm very critical of how i appear in a mirror and tend to avoid looking as much as possible lol...

However i am alive...my husband is alive...we both survived the covid year intact...we just feel as young as we wish to feel.

AND WE ARE BOTH FULLY VACCINATED AND NO LONGER NEED TO WEAR A MASK WHEN GROCERY SHOPPING!!!!

Isabeau!!!! You’re back!!!???!!!

30 is old so I'm very old at almost 42 &#55357;&#56860;

This is merely posted as an opinion thread.

I wanted to post to get forum members ideas of what they consider to be "old"

I will wait for replies before posting my views.

Depends on the context.

If you're looking for certain employment, yes, your age is probably going to be a detriment. Without resorting to "age discrimination", it's very easy for an employer to find out a person's age and nearly impossible to prove age discrimination when you're applying for a job and don't end up getting it. Do you still have that big sales job? I would hold onto that one until retirement, and keep putting as much money away as you can. Things will only get worse from here on out with the economy, and old people that don't have enough saved up for retirement are going to be hit the hardest. Unless you have family you could move in with, when the money runs out, things get tough.

Are you talking about dating sites or meeting some girls on this forum? Everybody has their own preferences. If you're on personal sites (Bumble, Tinder, OKCupid, POF... SeekingArrangement is the best), women usually have their preferred dating range in their profiles, so don't be shy to message these girls Mitchell. Even if you're a year or two out of their age range, try to highlight other areas of success throughout your life, which can make up for being a little "older".

Like George Strait sings in Troubadour:
"I still feel 25,
Most of the time.
I still raise a little cain with the boys.

Honky tonk and pretty woman.
Lord I'm still right there with them.
Singing above the crowd and the noise.
Sometimes I feel like Jesse James,
Still trying to make a name.
Knowing nothings gonna change what I am.
I was a young troubadour,
When I rode in on a song.
And I'll be an old troubadour,
When I'm gone."

Good luck Mitchell. Your youth continues to shine! You are only as old as you feel, my good friend.

Old is relative to your own age. For me, 50+ is old. In a little less than a decade, that will switch to 60+.

A little kid came up to me yesterday and asked me how old I was.

I told them I was 40 orbits around our solar system's star.

Their eyes widened and said "WOW...your SO OLLLLDDD!"

I didn't know whether to laugh or to chase the kid with a hatchet!

ok so i suck at math....just how old does that make you? ^

isabeau..... hopin' that was a joke comment :hmm:

50+ isn't old, neither is 65, not even close, 79 is way too young to kick the bucket today,
Mitchell you're a Spring Chicken, it is wonderful to see Isabeau,
I know 20 yr olds who are boring old farts, 80 yr olds who act 30
(but they eat well, keep moving, drink water, coffee, tea, keep moving....)
and I'd totally chase that kid with a hatchet.

NOT A HATCHET!!!!!... maybe something with a lot of large, stiff feathers.......

What's New

4/15/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button under it to the lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back