• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Trivia Winners bye week

chicago

A look at TMF trivia winners shows that it's been mainly won by one person, with a couple other names sprinkled in, every week for years.

In the interest of inclusion, fun, and encouraging others to participate, maybe it would be a cool idea to instill a rule where a player cannot win 2 times in a row?

http://www.ticklingforum.com/Triviastuff/Chatwinners.html

Hmm Interesting idea.

Leveraging your suggestion, what if we have a tournament of champions?

So far we have brad, showme, and yourself and then for the next few weeks we ask you champs to take a few weeks off to round off the field to six. Then the six champs meet?

It seems like a major factor in that is that only a few people participate. There was only like two people In the chat the last times i was in there.

Im gonna beat him this week anyway, right brad?:b

The chat has been wonky here and there which may be a factor.

I also think many don't bother participating or being online during that time because they feel there's no point or that it's not even fun because the outcome is usually the same week in and week out.

I like the tournament idea, but I also want to make things as simple as possible for Myriads or whoever else is running the game.

Yeah that is definitely a thing, this last time we couldnt even tell who got some questions right first cause of lag, not to bad but relevant.

Thats true, im sure most people are intimidated even though its pretty fair in there (he was behind in points most of the night yesterday) but maybe getting people to dip their toes in with your idea would bring it to life. With respect to brad who should get a little crown somewhere on his profile lol

Yikes, I didn't realize the lag was causing THAT many issues. Definitely something to keep an eye on

I agree with the idea of a bye week for the winner. I don't play often since the same person wins so frequently. I know within the first 3 or 4 questions asked how the night is going to end up, so I leave.

I'm not the admin opinion you're looking for but I agree with the concept entirely.

Just a suggestion but now about each winner becomes the quiz master for the next week....

That way they can't win two weeks in a row :)

Just a suggestion but now about each winner becomes the quiz master for the next week....

That way they can't win two weeks in a row :)

Yeah that might be cool if the winners are up for it. I like how you're thinkin

Yeah that might be cool if the winners are up for it. I like how you're thinkin

Thanks, It could work but would require players to be willing and able to contribute.

I personally gave up on trivia here due to timezone issues and not knowing US states and tueir abbreviations.

Thanks, It could work but would require players to be willing and able to contribute.

I personally gave up on trivia here due to timezone issues and not knowing US states and tueir abbreviations.

This was once how we did things, but it has become a Non starter as winners have had no desire to host of late, so that informal tradition died out.

As the years have passed Trivia has become less popular as the entire social side of the TMF moved off to Facebook, Fetlife, and other platforms where they pursue that social aspect that they used to here. Not much of a solution for that.

Myriads

This was once how we did things, but it has become a Non starter as winners have had no desire to host of late, so that informal tradition died out.

As the years have passed Trivia has become less popular as the entire social side of the TMF moved off to Facebook, Fetlife, and other platforms where they pursue that social aspect that they used to here. Not much of a solution for that.

Myriads

Myriads

That addresses the winner hosting the next week's game but what about the original proposal? I mean, the whole reason I started this thread was to try to hopefully encourage more people to play. Since there is really only one winner, why continue having the game at all? Surely it's worth it to try something new? Especially since it doesn't require much change to the game as it is now - the winner is already recorded weekly so it wouldn't be hard to keep track of that

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Myriads

Ah good to know that idea wasn't pure lunacy on my part...

Yeah I can see how those winning might not have time to make a quiz for the next week.

No. I find the idea of penalizing winners for winning absurd. I feel it cheapens the accomplishments of winning when someone does on a bye week, because basically people can say, "Yah you won, but only because you had a bye." Not very satisfying.

Trivia was always designed to be a time when people could interact in the room, joke about the match, cheer on friends, and in general connect over something different than tickling. It was a social time in the room. And about a decade ago the room and forum in general stopped wanting to be social.

I've long been considering just killing trivia because perhaps its time has passed. Why waste everyones time for something no one wants, and take up an hour of the rooms time so it can return to long stretches of silence uninterrupted by actual words appearing outside their PM boxes.

Myriads

No. I find the idea of penalizing winners for winning absurd. I feel it cheapens the accomplishments of winning when someone does on a bye week, because basically people can say, "Yah you won, but only because you had a bye." Not very satisfying.

Trivia was always designed to be a time when people could interact in the room, joke about the match, cheer on friends, and in general connect over something different than tickling. It was a social time in the room. And about a decade ago the room and forum in general stopped wanting to be social.

I've long been considering just killing trivia because perhaps its time has passed. Why waste everyones time for something no one wants, and take up an hour of the rooms time so it can return to long stretches of silence uninterrupted by actual words appearing outside their PM boxes.

Myriads

I don't really appreciate you calling my sincere suggestion 'absurd' as my intent was to be more inclusive of people besides showmeyourpits and brad. I think it's attitudes like the one you displayed here that have made the room and forum less than friendly.

The fish rots from the head down.

Thank you for whatever you do with trivia these days.

I wasn't calling you or your idea absurd. I was calling the idea as a whole absurd in my eyes decided long ago. Stop taking everything so damned personally.

This exact scenario is why I didn't answer sooner, because I knew no matter what I said, or how I said it, you'd take it like this.

If this place sucks so bad, why the heck do you bother being here at all?

Myriads

It was just a suggestion, but you didn't have to respond the way you did.

It's not me taking anything personal - it's me not understanding your attitude which I don't think I deserved.

I apologize if the suggestion has been made before and I missed it.

I have definitely taken a huge step back in my participation lately.

Anyway, message received loud and clear. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back