• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Movie or TV show suggestions?

vro

HIIIIIII

I like slice of life things, the grittier and more realistic the better (sicario, the florida project, menace II society, 3 billboards, good time, just to name a few). I'm not into super hero stuff though I do love Naruto, Bleach, anything Dragon ball. So anime but I've not started a new anime since maybe zero game zero life and/or My Hero Academia. I love silver spoon, clannad, tonari no seki kun, so definitely slice of life anime. I love anything funny especially Louie, Baskets, Better Things (the first 2 seasons), Lucky Louie, Chappelle Show (nothing that stole his format), Legit, anything Patrice O'neal. The German show Dark on Netflix is amazing so anything like that would be great.

I'd really appreciate some suggestions. Thank yall!

Recently, I enjoyed the hell out of an Israeli TV series called Fauda~ I heartily recommend it :thumbsup:

For cartoons, I recommend the She-Ra remake, Avatar, Legend of Korra, and Young Justice.

For anime I recommend Netflix's Castlevania, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Ghost in the Shell, Record of Lodoss War, and TeamFourStar's Dragon Ball Abridged/Hellsing Ultimate Abridged.

For mature series I recommend Stranger Things, Longmire, Breaking Bad, Daredevil, Agents of Shield, The Punisher, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones.

You sir are a man of excellent taste who knows his classics We may have our differences, but we seem to like many of the same things

I'm just a simple man trying to make his way through the universe. ;) :D

But seriously, thanks dude. Have you tried watching some of Netflix's Castlevania? How about the last season of Young Justice?

I'm just a simple man trying to make his way through the universe. ;) :D

But seriously, thanks dude. Have you tried watching some of Netflix's Castlevania? How about the last season of Young Justice?

I have heard many great things about Castlevania, but I have been unable to watch ANYTHING since our baby's birth :D When I do, I'll let you know~

I have heard many great things about Castlevania, but I have been unable to watch ANYTHING since our baby's birth When I do, I'll let you know~

Try Young Justice and the She-Ra remake as well. :D

Yellowstone
Billions
Ray Donovan
The American Battlefield Trust on youtube.
J @ B in the hills on youtube

Would also recommend Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Discovery, Babylon 5, Firefly, Serenity, and the Expanse.

Also greatly looking forward to Netflix's Transformers: War for Cybertron! :D

As for other anime's, umm, One Piece is decent (despite the immense filler) as is Tri-Gun!

Also try out Dominion Tank Police and it's remake series as well.

A Time to Kill. Very heartbreaking movie. The Butterfly Effect (original one) is as well.

As for TV Series, I like She-Ra (the remake), This Is Us, The Good Doctor, Mom, The One Chicago Series and I can go on.

I am not a huge TV buff, but I recently watched Ozark on Netflix. I highly recommend it

A Time to Kill. Very heartbreaking movie. The Butterfly Effect (original one) is as well.

You wanna watch heartbreaking, try watching Schindler's List.

Rick and Morty
Fear street trilogy
The birch..I don't get into to much stuff

I stared binge watching Bosch on Amazon Prime a couple weeks ago and can't get enough. I'm already on season 4 and other than a bit less sleep since I started it hasn't adversely effected the rest of my life. My friends haven't had to file a missing person's report yet at least. LOL

Oh and while I am endorsing Amazon Prime shows I also highly recommend these Amazon shows as well. Some from varying genres to tickle your fancies.

Jack Ryan
Fleabag
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
The Expanse

Mare of Easton and Big Sky kept my interest recently, and I’ve just started Boardwalk Empire. If you want something intense but quirky, Killing Eve is good.

Cheers, everybody,
SmashTV

Gods I tried watching Rick and Morty, I really did try.

But by the 11th time Rick either killed/doomed innocent people or horrifically traumatized Morty, I just couldn't take it anymore.

That show is DARK!

Also, other cartoon suggestions (in case you want to relive the kid in you):

Gargoyles
Transformers: Beast Wars

:iagree: I can't recommend Oz enough!!!!! It is my favorite TV series of all time~

Gods I tried watching Rick and Morty, I really did try.

But by the 11th time Rick either killed/doomed innocent people or horrifically traumatized Morty, I just couldn't take it anymore.

That show is DARK!

It's very special and a bit too vulgar for my taste at times, but I love it. It is clever, funny and quite deeply meaningful. It is also a pop-culture reference fest that fits right at the crux of all of my interests; I can tell it was written by a guy my age.

Also, other cartoon suggestions (in case you want to relive the kid in you):

Gargoyles
Transformers: Beast Wars

When my kid is about the right age, I'll show him Gargoyles. It's a brilliant show, probably one of the best written kids cartoons ever, alongside Batman the Animated Series from 1993 and Phantom 2040.

You definitely have good taste, it's quite amazing :thumbsup:

I JUST finished the series today. ooof what a ride

It is so amazing! People always credit The Sopranos for heralding the "mature-television/any-important-character-may-die-any-second/crime-comedy-drama" genre, but I say Oz did it first :cool: I love The Sopranos of course, but no TV show ever got me so involved in the characters' lives like Oz did. It is gritty, funny, realistic and eerie all at the same time, the cast is stellar (I don't know why, I think your favorite might have been Ryan O'Reilly ;)) and the story lines are simply breathtaking.

I am so glad you enjoyed it :toast:

It is so amazing! People always credit The Sopranos for heralding the "mature-television/any-important-character-may-die-any-second/crime-comedy-drama" genre, but I say Oz did it first :cool: I love The Sopranos of course, but no TV show ever got me so involved in the characters' lives like Oz did. It is gritty, funny, realistic and eerie all at the same time, the cast is stellar (I don't know why, I think your favorite might have been Ryan O'Reilly ;)) and the story lines are simply breathtaking.

NOW THE SOPRANOS IS A SHOW I'D RECOMMMEEENNNDDD.

BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW IT'S GONN

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    686 bytes · Views: 1

Yeah Oz is in many ways the precursor to a lot of other HBO shows like Sopranos and Nurse Jackie.

But I've seen all of them tooooo. What do I do with my life now?!!! lol

I didn't really like Ryan O'Reilly to be honest, but I did have a soft spot for his brother Cyril. I think if I had to pick one favorite, it would be Simon Adebisi :D

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back