• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Do we need a new term?

Tzing

TMF Regular
This may be just me, but I dislike the term tickle torture. The idea of torture of any kind I find awful. Even though here of course it's mostly meant in fun.

To be clear, I do love extreme tickling - as long as the lee is having fun too. Making her go crazy, squealing and screaming with laughter, is incredibly fun and can be my biggest turn-on. But any indication that she's suffering is the exact opposite, and I stop or turn off the clip immediately.

Does anyone else feel similarly? I infer that for many or most, S&M is significantly coupled with tickling. Some degree of masochism might even be necessary to be a lee. When that works for others I'm not knocking it a bit. But for me, it's about making her react in ways that are fun and sexy. It's about laughter and pleasure, not pain. If others resonate with that, what terms do you use instead of tickle torture?

One other thought: a different term might help more with vanillas and how tickling is viewed.

Provocative post. Use of the term “tickle torture” is widespread not only in the fetish community but also mainstream. I’ve heard it used many times by vanilla people. The way I’ve heard vanilla people define it meaning being tickled without being able to get away. So, not really torture in the true sense as punishment, an interrogation method, etc.

A gentler term could be along the lines of “tickle fight” or “tickle war”. I’d be interested in other ideas. Great question.

I totally get what you mean. Tickle Torture is a polarizing term. Some like it, some not so much. I usually say Tickle Tease as a happy medium.

Truth be told even outside of fetish circles, "tickle torture" is nearly exclusively used as a tongue-in-cheek phrase. When people talk about it happening to them as a prolonged, unpleasant experience, I tend to see alternative verbiage used. Seems fine as is.

I call it "tickling". Some girlfriends naturally have started calling it "tickle torture". I'm thinking "tingle party" might sound even more ridiculous, so, in favor of stupidity, I'll try to extend that campaign lol.

I don't think it's really an issue, but call it whatever makes you feel better about it.

War though? Torture is uncomfortable but war is cool?

Good discussion, thanks all. It's definitely not a big issue, just a thought/question.

I usually say Tickle Tease as a happy medium.
Love this! (No surprise I guess, in light of my user name...)

Interesting idea, but I do prefer 'tickle torture'. I'm more of a BDSM-kind of guy, and the term 'torture' can apply to anything the submissive/'lee consents to but in fact cant' stand or hates, and that's precisely the reason why the inflicting party (the 'ler in this case) and the receiving party (the 'lee) love it. So why sugarcoat it? Just because the term is also used to describe the serious agony inflicted by evil people upon their victims? In that case we could go further; let's ban the word 'fuck' in the sense of 'My husband fucked me last night and I loved it', just because rapists also use that word to describe their activities ('I was at this party last night and I fucked this bitch and she tried to resist but she was too drunk').

What I'm trying to say is this: let's not invent a whole new language just because we have the impression that some evil people seem to have appropriated some words and given them a negative connotation. Those evil people are wrong, not us.

I also like the term "tickle torture." Well... because sometimes that exactly what I want. I want it to be torture.

But I know exactly what you are talking about. I just like it when it pertains to me. :)

Thanks Sunrise for chiming in that way! I didn't know for you specifically, but was sure that would be the case for many here, at least sometimes. Glad you introduced that important counterpoint.

Thanks Sunrise for chiming in that way! I didn't know for you specifically, but was sure that would be the case for many here, at least sometimes. Glad you introduced that important counterpoint.

Absolutely- There are those of us who like the lighter side and sometimes the darker side of tickling. I like both, but I would be lying if I said I didn't crave being taken over the edge. Still- Your points are valid as well. :)

C4S has eliminated the word torture from the tickle torture store as well as abuse from the tickle abuse store.

Tickle fight leads me to believe two people are tickling each other and neither one is restrained. So I don't think it works as a substitute but can be an alternative scenario.

Tied and tickled or bound and tickled might suffice. It describes one person is restrained and whether it is torturous or pleasurable depends on the participants.

Last edited:
Yeah, and I'm strongly opposed to such censorship nonsense. I find it similarly absurd when sites can no longer use words like girl even when having nothing to do with anyone under 18. Basically, overreaction and attempting to control adults pursuing their own interests are both out of line.

Here, I was simply seeking clearer communication. Really appreciate all your responses. But I think the net is that it's no big deal, and the most common interpretation of tickle torture is just tickling or inescapable tickling. Totally agree that how that feels depends on the participants!

To be fair, it can be demeaning to refer to a grown woman as a girl

Last time this subject came up it was probably 20 pages of back and forth arguing in a matter of days.

I will not argue with you. I'll agree it can be whether or not it's intended to be.

Let’s not beat around the bush. It’s called tickle torture because it IS torture. Most people DO NOT like being tickled for extended periods of time (if at all) and to be honest, I actually find it to be more of a turn on when they don’t. I like the sadistic reactions, the pushed limits; it’s the same as most masochistic sexual endeavors. That all said, to me it’s all gravy as long as there’s consent, mutual understanding, and on the part of the ‘ler, knowing when to stop.

Keep in mind I’m not knocking those who aren’t into torture, I just acknowledge that I do and to me it’s part of the kink. Tickle teasing, tickling, tickle torture, it’s all measures of the same kink. If we start mincing words we won’t know what’s what anymore.

I actually think having more words and phrases to describe it is helpful. Not everyone is into the torture aspect and for those that are, it can be difficult to elaborate on what is meant by torture exactly.

The best term I could think of would be “submission” to signify there’s still a power dynamic.

You know the funny thing is that the "Tickle Torture" term might be popular, just because rhymes.

The women I've played with have always used "Tickle Torture" in a playful, erotic sense. Never really any bad connotations to it.

Personally, I don't see why we should change it. Tickling is considered a form of torture and "tickle torture" just has a better ring to it. Stuff like "tickle fight" and "tickle war" sound too situational and "endurance" is too long of a word. That being said, I understand some people not being comfortable with it. Hey, we're all different. I just would rather keep it the way it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I mean, its bad enough C4S decided to censor the whole word. I can kinda understand wanting to censor "abuse" (just kind of) but come on, its an adult site! Why should that be censored?

But yeah, I can see where you're coming from. But I would rather not change it.

Sorry if I accidentally opened a can of worms. To be clear, I'm never suggesting censorship and I fully support consenting adults freely enjoying their pleasures. I also get that the term tickle torture is well established and commonly used in a light/playful sense, as well as well as a hard S&M sense by those so inclined. All good!

C4S has eliminated the word torture from the tickle torture store as well as abuse from the tickle abuse store.

Tickle fight leads me to believe two people are tickling each other and neither one is restrained. So I don't think it works as a substitute but can be an alternative scenario.

Tied and tickled or bound and tickled might suffice. It describes one person is restrained and whether it is torturous or pleasurable depends on the participants.
Now we are waiting for the word "tickle" to be eliminated on c4s, because it can be used to abuse and torture,
and then they'll probable eliminate "therapy" as well for some other reason :)

Sorry if I accidentally opened a can of worms. To be clear, I'm never suggesting censorship and I fully support consenting adults freely enjoying their pleasures.

If that’s how you feel, then let this be a lesson to you. This is EXACTLY how modern censorship advances. They almost never say “you can’t use this word now”. Instead, someone makes up a new word or phrase and says “we feel this term would be more inclusive”. Next, the “non-inclusive” word is quietly removed from social media and the entertainment industry. Then people who use the “bad” word find their posts removed from social media. If they continue to use the “bad” word they can find themselves banned from social media entirely while being subjected to an online harassment campaign. We’ve all seen happen thousands of times over the last ten years or so.

People need to start pushing back, even when it seems like we’re making a big deal out of nothing. They always start with stuff that seems petty and insignificant, and then they slowly push the envelope until you get to where we are now. Think of how many things we can’t talk about or joke about now that we could’ve done even five years ago!

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back