• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Private commissions

Cheyunn12

Hello guys. I feel really horrible about commissioning a drawing. I did one recently and the artist want to post the picture and would like to send it to couple of his followers too. Am i wrong for being selfish and want the pic to be only sent to me as I payed for it? Thankz

If you didn't request that the art be exclusive, the artist is within his or her rights to distribute it how they see fit. If they haven't already done so, ask them if they would release it only to you, but be prepared for them to ask for extra $$$ since they won't be able to use it for their portfolio.

I did request it to be private and the artist basically refused. It was weird because he never mentioned extra money. Maybe i should had brought it up?

Traditionally when commissioning a work one gets all rights to it. You've basically paid for it to be created for you. Work for hire.

But not everyone follows those rules, and it's always important to discuss the policy that will be followed BEFORE you pay your commission. You should know exactly what you are buying.

So in this case, it sounds like you and the artist had different assumptions about the art, and its produced a situation that is a bit of a bummer. I'd get my art and enjoy it, and look at the fact that others will see it as perhaps a way you made some other peoples lives more positive as a side effect, then proceed with clear negotiations in future commission negotiations.

Myriads

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. If I commission a artwork, I get to choose if it would be published online. I guess I didn’t discuss it clearer with the artist

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. If I commission a artwork, I get to choose if it would be published online. I guess I didn’t discuss it clearer with the artist

It needed to be discussed ahead of time. Usually a commissioned piece of art is exclusively owned by the commissioner (i.e. you own the rights to the physical piece.) The artist can own the rights to reproduce the piece and show it wherever the artist wants. Only a contract (written is better than verbal) that spells out what each party explicitly can and cannot have would provide exact answers.

It’s sort of like these damned fools who by a clip, the put it online for free - claiming they have the right to do that because the clip is theirs to use how they please. No, it’s the copyright owner do do with what he pleases. You paid for a license to use that video clip for your personal viewing, not as a provider of the video; the copyright owner already does that.

You need to discuss this in advance next time. From my experience (in general, not just with NSFW), the artist will be fine with making a commission private as long as you bring it up the first time.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back