• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A study on ticklishness by gender and ticklish area

omnifeller

TMF Master
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/sjop.12756

I love that researchers are still doing studies on tickling. This paper, published just last month, is a study done in a university in Norway, where a bunch of college-aged volunteers were tickled by feathers all over their bodies while wearing swimsuits/bikinis (hilarious, and kinda hot tbh!).

The researchers found that females laughed more than males, and people in general feel more ticklish with the opposite sex tickling them, highlighting the sociocultural nature of reactions to tickling.

They also produced the following map of ticklish areas: sjop12756-fig-0001-m.jpg

What do y'all think?

haha these are the universities I am constantly trying to volunteer as a research subject for hahahaha

Awesome article, thanks for posting! Would love to see the video footage of all the subjects being tickled (for scientific purposes of course)

Awesome article, thanks for posting! Would love to see the video footage of all the subjects being tickled (for scientific purposes of course)

Unfortunately they stated that they deleted the videos for privacy concerns, but I like to think that this study was initiated by a tickle fetishist who secretly kept the videos ;)

Interesting, I'd say those are accurate locations for everyone. I'm not surprised that woman laugh more. I mean you look at the tickle content as a whole as far as vids, I do think that females dominate it.

Yeah, funny on the recorded and deleted side of things. Somebody definitely has those, lol.

My thoughts? Is there a TL;DR version? My eyes are falling out lately.

The project I picked for my Experimental Psychology Class was Is it possible to tickle yourself. There are a ton of education videos and research online.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back