• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Is being able to tickle yourself dangerous?

tickle gamer

3rd Level Red Feather
Hi All! I have sort of a weird question that I think I already know the answer to, but, thought I'd ask to be sure.

I know of this DA user (I won't put her account name for her privacy). In one of her previous posts she was talking about how she was able to tickle herself and sounded happy. Then, a few days later, she posted saying she'd been told (didn't say by who) that the reason she could tickle herself was that she had a serious mental condition (I forget the name ATM; starts with "S")

Is this true? Does being able to tickle yourself equal mental condition?

This argument pops up every now and again. The theory is that folks with schizophrenia have more of an ability tickle themselves because they have a decreased ability to recognize self-initiated actions. Lot of the research comes from studies conducted around 2010. I believe around 2015, researchers discovered this to be true even in psychologically healthy individuals who displayed schizophrenic-LIKE traits which include things like vivid imagination, and occasional feelings of paranoia. These individuals had never previously and werent diagnosed with any mental illness.

I think everyone has some ability to tickle themselves. Try this: slide the tip of your tongue several times across the roof of your mouth. You have just successfully tickled yourself. I personally think that tickling, tickle fetishes, and people who have a sensitivity to knismesis is a relatively new area of research, and until someone makes a legitimate test that conclusively links self-tickling with schizophrenic-like traits(or for that matter defines to the general public what, exactly, schizophrenic-like traits specifically are, so that the lot of us can quit driving ourselves up the walls worrying), im not convinced that the existence of A denotes B.

Final words: mental and psychological health are important. If you believe theres something going on, or you just want to, you should definitely get a physical and ask advice from your health care provider... And get enough sleep and hydration, cause they're good for the brain

Its also worth noting that many traits you'll find on a quick google search of the illness mimic symptoms of other common conditions such as: anxiety, depression, dehydration, sleep deprivation, workers burnout, high stress, and too much caffeine.

ninjatikle above nailed the answer spot on, even hitting on the study I was going to bring up when I saw the thread title.

His closing advise is also solid.

Myriads

It can be a sign of schizophrenia

Thanks WTC! I mainly asked because I can tickle my own feet feet a little, but, I always just thought it might be because my feet were super sensitive. I looked up the symptoms, and while I do check some of the boxes, I don't appear to have any of the major symptoms.

Its also worth noting that many traits you'll find on a quick google search of the illness mimic symptoms of other common conditions such as: anxiety, depression, dehydration, sleep deprivation, workers burnout, high stress, and too much caffeine.

I noticed the mimicking symptoms as well.

It depends on how strong the reaction is. If it feels as if someone else is tickling you and you're laughing a lot, then there is concern for having a disorder such as schizophrenia. I'm sure other disorders could be possibilities. If you tickle yourself in a place or way that feels really sensitive, but nothing much else comes out, there shouldn't be a problem.

Well I'd say that by itself, not an issue at all, just a blessing haha for the sorts of conditions people worry about having from self tickling, well, this wouldn't be the only symptom, and almost certainly not the first.

So if this is all you have, don't stress :)

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back