• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tropical Storm Warning..

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
www.weather.com

There is currently a Tropical Storm Warning for Queens NY, where I live, for Sunday.

Further out on Long Island , there is a Hurricane Warning.

Henri is making its way up the coast.

Unless this veers out to sea, Sunday looks like it might be a bit difficult.

Be safe out there. I’m in CT and I heard from our local ABC affiliate this is the first hurricane that could make landfall here in Connecticut…in 30 years..

I lived in CT during Hurricane Gloria in 1985. That was bad. Our power went out for 2 days.

Hugo missed us in 1989.

The last Hurricane I remember hitting NYC was Sandy in 2012. 100 MPH winds, and all of Times Square was dark.

Depending on where one is in the NYC area will depend on how badly they get hit.

I live in Queens and we are under a Tropical Storm Warning.

Take care, ticklishguy

While there's still time, some good tips.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/article/how-to-keep-food-from-spoiling-during-power-outage/

5 Ways to Keep Your Food From Spoiling During a Power Outage
Rachel BroughamRachel Brougham
Updated: Mar. 23, 2021

It never fails: You make a big grocery run, fill up the fridge and that’s when the power goes out. While you can’t plan for an outage, you can be prepared. Here are five power outage food safety tips to keep food from spoiling when you’re left in the dark.

Keep Ice on Hand - Recycle water & soda bottles with tight caps! Don't totally fill and place throughout your freezer
Having a supply of ice will come in handy when the power goes out. If there’s room in your freezer, fill some containers and water bottles and freeze them so they’ll be ready to help keep food cold during a power outage. Just remember, water will expand as it freezes so be sure not to overfill any containers or bottles.

Move Food to the Bottom and Group Together
When it comes to power outage food safety, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration says you should group all your frozen food together. Since heat rises, keep food grouped together in the lower portion of your freezer to help keep it frozen for as long as possible.

(Never do these 13 things during a power outage, or you could put your life in danger.) See link above.

Keep Doors Closed (Ok, obviously.... :rolleyes: )
Once you move items to the freezer and group food together, keep your refrigerator and freezer doors closed. The Food and Drug Administration says a refrigerator will stay cold for up to four hours, while a freezer will keep its temperature for 48 hours if it is full, 24 hours if it is half-full.

Use Coolers
The American Red Cross recommends using coolers if the power outage is expected to go beyond a day. Pack refrigerated food such as milk, meats, fish, poultry, eggs and leftovers into your cooler surrounded by ice. Keep it at a temperature of 40 degrees F for as long as possible.

Don’t Keep Food Outside

While you may be tempted to keep cold and frozen foods outside if the power goes out in the winter, the website foodsafety.gov recommends otherwise. “Even when there is still snow and ice, outside temperatures can vary, causing chilled food to enter the ‘danger zone’ of warmer than 40 degrees F and cooler than 140 degrees F and frozen food to begin thawing. Moreover, exposed food can be exposed to animals and unsanitary conditions.”

(In case of emergency, here’s how to heat your house when the power goes out.) See link.

When the outage is over, check the temperature of your freezer, refrigerator and cooler. The Food and Drug Administration says if the freezer temperature reads 40 degrees F or below, the food is safe and may be refrozen. Refrigerator food should be safe as long as the power was out for no more than four hours and the door was kept shut. Discard any perishable food that has been at temperatures above 40 degrees F for two hours or more.

Originally Published: March 21, 2021
Rachel Brougham

Writer and editor with a background in news writing, editorial and column writing and content marketing.

I'm 99 % sure that my apartment building has a generator.

There have been times that the power has gone out, and then come right back on.

Even if Henri hits Queens as a Hurricane hopefully we will have power. If I remember correctly we had power in 2012 during Hurricane Sandy, and Sandy was far worse than what Henri is supposed to be unless it gets stronger, and becomes a Hurricane when it hits.

Internet and Cable TV, that might be another story. We could well have a long outage of both, but I don't want to predict bad before and unless/until it actually happens.

The rain is here in earnest.

Pouring rain, but the winds don't seem too bad.

2 to 3 inches of rain expected today according to www.weather.com. With more expected tonight.

Tomorrow will be a half an inch of rain.

No one on the roads.

Right now., the winds dont seem that bad.

We will see how this progresses.

Between Ida and Henri, I can only imagine how scary the past week's been for folks.

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back