• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

AVOID TINNITUS, 24/7 Ringing in Ears, no cure! Careful w/headphones!! Unexpected

I have tinnitus. I've always thought it's because of my music hobby, but what you said about jawbone made me think. I know I tend to bite my teeth together and my jaw muscles feel often they are tired from it as well as feelin "worked out". Could be my jaw is at least part of the problem.

Could you tell more about how that was cured eventually? If there's any chance to lessen my tinnitus, it's worth a shot.

Well, I am no doctor, so please take what I am about to say with a grain of salt.

According to my friend, in February 2018 he woke up with back pain and ringing in his ears. After eliminating the hypothesis of loud noises (hadn't gone to concerts nor listened to music or anything), or age (he is in his mid-30's), his doctor concluded that it originated from the jaw, which is the cause in about 20%-40% of cases. Why the jaw? Because the facial nerves that link the jaw and the ear to your brain are very close. Therefore, if your jawbone has been displaced or imbalanced for any reason, the nerves in your ear sorta get "pinched" by the ones from your jaw, causing tinnitus.

One of the signs that the jaw might be the origin is that the volume level varies throughout the day (whether you are relaxed or not, as your facial nerves might be tensed or relaxed) could be a telltale sign. Another is that if you hear the ringing on a single side or not. You might also hear a cracking noise in your ear when you open your mouth to its maximum extension.

It might be caused by weight gain, or a displacement of your teeth. However, if you have been exposed to loud noises (my friend called that a "sound shock" but I do not know whether that is a medical term), then that is the most likely culprit.

About treatment, it can be a very long procedure. In my friend's case, he had to lose weight and wear dental aligners. THen he had to realign his teeth, with frequent and expensive visits to the dentist. Good luck~

Well, I am no doctor, so please take what I am about to say with a grain of salt.

According to my friend, in February 2018 he woke up with back pain and ringing in his ears. After eliminating the hypothesis of loud noises (hadn't gone to concerts nor listened to music or anything), or age (he is in his mid-30's), his doctor concluded that it originated from the jaw, which is the cause in about 20%-40% of cases. Why the jaw? Because the facial nerves that link the jaw and the ear to your brain are very close. Therefore, if your jawbone has been displaced or imbalanced for any reason, the nerves in your ear sorta get "pinched" by the ones from your jaw, causing tinnitus.

One of the signs that the jaw might be the origin is that the volume level varies throughout the day (whether you are relaxed or not, as your facial nerves might be tensed or relaxed) could be a telltale sign. Another is that if you hear the ringing on a single side or not. You might also hear a cracking noise in your ear when you open your mouth to its maximum extension.

It might be caused by weight gain, or a displacement of your teeth. However, if you have been exposed to loud noises (my friend called that a "sound shock" but I do not know whether that is a medical term), then that is the most likely culprit.

About treatment, it can be a very long procedure. In my friend's case, he had to lose weight and wear dental aligners. THen he had to realign his teeth, with frequent and expensive visits to the dentist. Good luck~

Thank you for the advice, mate! That made a lot of sense and gave me some leads to look into. In my case, it could be originating from loud noises, but I know my jaws are really tense and the sound level varies a lot, which could point to it being in my jaws. I'll have to look into it!

I have tinnitus as well, which I got from not wearing hearing protection at various concerts. I definitely wear it now, however. I might as well preserve what hearing I have left.

The silver lining to it is that I sleep a bit deeper than I used to. My hearing was originally very sensitive and made it hard to sleep without a lot of white noise to block out various sounds. My tinnitus is essentially constant white noise.

My tinnitus is essentially constant white noise.

That's a pretty awesome way to look at it, mate! I think a lot of the trouble with tinnitus is the mental effect it has on you, being borhered by it 24/7. I've read some texts of people learning to live with their tinnitus, not letting it get in the way of sleep, meditation or other activities and a lot of it seems to deal with making your peace it is a sound you will constantly hear as long as you live.

Please don't let it get worse, though! The louder it gets, the worse things get.

That's all brilliant. (Pardon me for butting in and repeating half of that.)

Many people seek out a small level of constant white noise, especially city dwellers who move to the country, or kids who are accustomed to studying with music in the background....

Some can't sleep without a tv or fan or A/C, and hate absolute silence. But as you say, I can imagine you want to control that, and not allow it to increase.

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back