• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Top Quality Dog Food Recalls Beef Product

FrenzyTickles

TMF Master
My apologies, this is a few days old.

Daily Paws
Top Quality Dog Food Recalls Beef Product Because of Possible Salmonella, Listeria Contamination
Austin Cannon
Tue, August 31, 2021, 5:49 PM· 2 min read

https://www.yahoo.com/now/top-quality-dog-food-recalls-214912659.html

Raw dog food retailer Top Quality Dog Food is recalling some of its beef food that was distributed in seven states and Washington, D.C. after testing indicated the product might be contaminated with listeria and salmonella.

According to an announcement released through the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the company is recalling 1-pound packages of its Beef HVM product. The food was sold in D.C., Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and South Carolina as well as through mail order delivery. The potentially tainted food was distributed between July 27 and Aug. 2.

The recalled food is marked with lot number 071521 on the bottom-right corner of the package's label.

State testing at the Maryland-based company indicated the presence of the salmonella and listeria bacterias, though no illnesses have been connected to the Beef HVM food, the company said. Top Quality Dog Food has quarantined the remaining food in the batch.

Both bacterias can cause serious problems for both dogs and humans, which is why you should always wash your hands after feeding your pup. Salmonella can cause lethargy, diarrhea (sometimes bloody), fever, vomiting, decreased appetite, or abdominal pain in dogs. Plus, they can transfer the bacteria to other animals even if they're not sick. If your dog ate some of the recalled food, contact your veterinarian right away.

RELATED: FDA Links Hundreds of Pet Deaths, Illnesses to Midwestern Pet Foods Products

In humans, salmonella can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea (again, sometimes bloody), fever, arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms, the company said.

Listeria infections are uncommon, but symptoms include diarrhea; anorexia; fever; problems with the muscular, nervous, and respiratory systems; abortion; depression; shock; and ultimately death. The bacteria is more of a serious threat to young people, elderly humans, people with compromised immune systems, and women who are pregnant. Be sure to contact both your pet's vet and your doctor if your family came in contact with the Beef HVM food.

Dog parents with the recalled Beef HVM food still on hand can return it to their retailer for a refund or dispose of it. You can reach Top Quality Dog Food at (240) 802-6601 or [email protected].

TRENDING
Woman struts through airport wearing only bikini and mask
3-year-old boy found after 3 days' lost in Australian woods
Frenchwoman officially considered dead fights to be "alive" again
A man was arrested on suspicion of stealing more than 700 pieces of women's underwear from coin laundromats

(This one I should provide a link to: :rolleyes: https://www.yahoo.com/now/man-arrested-suspicion-stealing-more-033503520.html )

Kim Jong Un says climate change is crippling North Korea and the country needs an 'urgent' response

A lot of the info on the food borne illnesses is incorrect or misguided. Like the word "abortion" really struck me, since that's a deliberate procedure rather than an affliction. Also, depression as a direct symptom of a disease that mainly affects the digestive system doesn't make sense. Endocarditis is misguided as it affects less than 1% of patients and 75% of that less than 1% have underlying heart conditions. Anorexia doesn't seem right either as everything I've read suggest salmonella inhibits anorexia in order to keep the host alive for further transmission. There are a couple listeria outbreaks each year so it's good to know the right info.

I really don't think the author did his due diligence here.

Readers please take with a grain of salt. The CDC website looks to be more reliable on such illnesses and has updates on outbreaks and recalls.

Source : I've had my food sanitation license for 15 years over multiple states.

Last edited:
Again, if anyone has a useful and well intentioned contribtion, please feel free to post.

Otherwise I assume everyone will do their best researching for their furry family members.

Thank you.

This was brought to my attention:

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-...d-packages-lot-number-071521-because-possible

COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENT

Top Quality Dog Food Recalls Batch Of “Beef HVM” 1-Pound Packages with Lot Number 071521, Because of Possible Salmonella, Listeria Monocytogenes Health Risk

When a company announces a recall, market withdrawal, or safety alert, the FDA posts the company's announcement as a public service.
FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.

Summary
Company Announcement Date:
August 26, 2021

FDA Publish Date:
August 26, 2021

Product Type:
Animal & Veterinary

Reason for Announcement:
Potential Salmonella & Listeria monocytogenes contamination

Company Name:
Top Quality Dog Food

Brand Name:
Top Quality Dog Food.com

Product Description:
Beef HVM

Company Announcement

Top Quality Dog Food of Hyattsville, MD is recalling “Beef HVM” 1-pound packages due to the potential of Salmonella spp., Listeria monocytogenes. Salmonella, Listeria, can affect animals eating the product and there is risk to humans handling contaminated products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.

Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping, and fever. Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms. Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever, and abdominal pain. Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.

Listeria monocytogenes can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, vulnerable or elderly people, and others with compromised immune systems. Healthy people may suffer short-term symptoms such as fever, headaches, stiffness, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. Listeria monocytogenes infections pose a serious threat to pregnant woman, as it can lead to miscarriages and stillbirths. Listeria monocytogenes infections are uncommon in pets, but they are possible. Symptoms may include mild to severe diarrhea; anorexia; fever; nervous, muscular, and respiratory signs; abortion; depression; shock; and death. Healthy people should monitor themselves and their pets for symptoms.

The recalled “Beef HVM” was distributed in DC, MD, VA, DE, PA, MA, CT, and SC and product was distributed through mail order and direct delivery from 7/27/21 to 8/2/21. The “Beef HVM” comes in a 1-pound package marked with lot #071521 on the bottom right corner of the label.

No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with the “Beef HVM” 1-pound packages in question.

The contamination was noted after a state surveillance sample revealed the presence of Salmonella, Listeria monocytogenes, in some 1-pound. packages of Beef HVM. The remaining “Beef HVM” batch in our possession has been quarantined and we have discontinued the distribution of this batch while FDA and our company continue their investigation as to the source of the contamination.

We have already contacted those who have received this lot number based on our records. We encourage all customers who received this product to dispose of any unused product immediately.

If you find the “Beef HVM” 1-pound package that shows the lot number: 071521 in your possession, we urge you to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.

Top Quality Dog Food LLC

240-802-6601

[email protected]

Business Hours: We are open Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM EST.

Company Contact Information
Consumers:
Top Quality Dog Food LLC
240-802-6601
[email protected]

Media:
Top Quality Dog Food
(240) 582-3266

Top Quality Dog Food.com, Beef HVM, 1 lb.

Thats definitely worded a lot better... no "abortion" this time

A lot of the info on the food borne illnesses is incorrect or misguided. Like the word "abortion" really struck me, since that's a deliberate procedure rather than an affliction. Also, depression as a direct symptom of a disease that mainly affects the digestive system doesn't make sense. Endocarditis is misguided as it affects less than 1% of patients and 75% of that less than 1% have underlying heart conditions. Anorexia doesn't seem right either as everything I've read suggest salmonella inhibits anorexia in order to keep the host alive for further transmission. There are a couple listeria outbreaks each year so it's good to know the right info.

I really don't think the author did his due diligence here.

Readers please take with a grain of salt. The CDC website looks to be more reliable on such illnesses and has updates on outbreaks and recalls.

Source : I've had my food sanitation license for 15 years over multiple states.

Thats definitely worded a lot better... no "abortion" this time

Sigh. I think I'm getting Tinnitus.... Incorrect again. It's the "company statement," which is probably identical in both instances.

Go Troll your own threads. Most of us have better things to do than pee upon everyone else's.

Last edited:
They're not identical but it is good they amended the statement apparently.

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back