• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

seeing something new

milagros317

Verified
At last night's minor league game in Coney Island, the Brooklyn Cyclones hosting the Jersey Shore Blue Claws, I saw something that I had never seen before: a fan thrown out of the game (actually, out of the stadium) by an umpire.

The score was 5-5 in the top of the 9th inning, one out, runners on second (Rojas) and third (Markwardt). On an 0-1 count, batter Luis Garcia hit a ground ball to first baseman Wilmer Reyes. Reyes threw the ball to catcher Oscar Campos who tagged out Markwardt. Rojas advanced to third base on the play and Garcia, of course, was safe at first base. Nothing unusual so far, just a fielders choice play nailing the lead runner, now two outs with runners on first and third, and the score still 5-5.

Then something quite unusual happened. Garcia left first base and walked slowly toward the Blue Claws bench which is in foul territory on the third base side. Did he think there were already three outs? Did he think the run scored and he was out at first? I have no idea what he was thinking.

The pitcher, Michel Otañez, thinking clearly, threw the ball to first baseman Reyes who tagged Garcia for the third out, ending the inning. Garcia looked astonished at being tagged. The Cyclones fans (including me) were very happy that the threat was over and that the Cyclones would bat in the bottom of the 9th with the score still tied 5-5. The Cyclones left the field.

Second unusual occurrence: The umpires had a conference lasting about five minutes. At the end of this conference, they obliged the Cyclones to take the field again, directed Garcia back to first base, and ordered play to resume. I have no knowledge of any rule that permits this. The fans reactions were about what you would expect. I shouted, "You motherfucking morons shouldn't be allowed to umpire in a sandlot game!" That was mild compared to some of the other fans' remarks.

The pitcher, Otañez, promptly hit the next batter in the head, I believe intentionally. He was ejected from the game. First baseman Reyes then had a discussion with one umpire after which he was also ejected.

The new pitcher was not effective. By the time the Cyclones recorded the third out (actually, the fourth out IMO), the Blue Claws led 8-5.

The Cyclones got a run in the bottom of the 9th to make the final score 8-6.

During the bottom of the 9th, one leather-lunged fan kept verbally abusing the umpires. He used no obscene words, just saying things like, "You blew the call! This is all your fault!"

With one run in in the bottom of the 9th, the umpires stopped play, summoned the Cyclones manager, and pointed to the leather-lunged fan. Play did not resume until ballpark security threw him out of the stadium.

My suggestion to the motherfucking morons is that they watch this film:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_the_Umpire

It should be noted that the outcome of this game is utterly meaningless. Both teams are under .500, both teams have only three games left in the season, and both teams have no chance of catching the first place Hudson Valley Renegades.

Last edited:
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back