• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Dominion is closing 12/31/21

ChicagoDavid

TMF Master
Hi, I was bummed to see that The Dominion is closing at the end of the year! Apparently, it just isn't working in the post-covid era. I sent Lady Hillary an email thanking her for running it all these years, and encourage others who have had positive experiences there to do same. I expect that she is sad to need to close and would appreciate it.

well here in Canada, massage parlours and strip clubs are doing ok, many require vaccine proof cards as will soon be required even to travel within Canada, Canada is nearing 90 % vaccinated.

The vaccine cards are not detering business in adult entertainment here. We have much looser laws here, I am stunned at how few spas there are in the U.S.

If people know that all staff are vaccinated then that can help business too. Maybe if Dominion required vaccine cards that might have helped. I dunno I guess it works both ways.

I suspect Dominion's problems may have started even before covid, I heard their business was slowing.

I had a few tickle sessions there, I always wanted to tickle Raven.

Here is the statement by Lady Hillary about the decision to close:
Dear Dominion Friends and Family,

It is with great sorrow I must announce the closure of The Dominion in December.

The Dominion has been a legendary and magical place in the community since 1980 when Lady Laura first opened the doors of her West Hollywood apartment. It has been a safe place for kinksters to come and share their deepest darkest fantasies without fear of judgment or reprisal. We have formed many wonderful relationships with our friends and over the years many legendary Dominas have learned their craft here and formed lifelong friendships with their Kinky sisters.

I began my journey with Lady Laura in 1981. I was a true submissive seeking a place to realize my dreams. Lady Laura’s Dominion became that place for me. Lady Laura took me under her wing and made sure I was safe and remained sane in the process. Lady Laura was a true Diva whose boots I could never have filled. When she passed in 1997, she left The Dominion in my care to carry on her legacy. I am proud of my years as a dungeon mother and the reputation of excellence The Dominion has attained all over the world. I took great pride watching the Ladies grow from BDSM babies to blossom into some of the most amazing and experienced players in the business.

The Dominion was a sanctuary for those of us that were into BDSM. We learned from each other and supported each other. Because we loved BDSM and we needed it. We took it very seriously. It was about OUR fantasies as much as our clients. We loved what we were doing. We learned from the bottom up in a safe and nurturing environment.

The heart and soul of commercial BDSM has changed dramatically, but mine hasn’t. I find myself with the same high standards and Old School values, unwilling to compromise them.

Since Covid-19 there have been drastic changes to the commercial BDSM community which make it impossible to run The Dominion up to my standards. I cannot compromise my principles so I must let her go. I once asked Lady Laura how long I should keep it going and she told me until it no longer brings you joy.

I tried my hardest to make this work after Covid, but The Dominion is more than just a room to rent. The Dominion is a place of sisterhood and pride in the work you do. It is love and care for our friends who visit us every week or just when they can get into town. It is the happiness and pride you feel after doing a good session or the loving care you receive as a submissive if you have a bad session. It is a place of love and respect for each other and Old School values I had hoped to pass down to the those receptive to the idea.

The Dominion has been my life for over 40 years. When I started, I was a meek submissive with no self-esteem. The love and care within these walls have made me a better and stronger person. I am proud of what I have done, and I wish I could continue, but it is not possible in this new era. I would rather shut it down with dignity than compromise my values.

I started doing this 40 years ago because I love it and I needed it. I am leaving it now because I love it too much not to honor the protocols, rituals and honesty of those who mentored me and raised me.

I thank all The Ladies who have passed through these doors for making The Dominion the legend it has become. I am so grateful to all our friends who visited us and played and trusted us with their fantasies. You will never be forgotten.

I am sorry we must go but please think of us fondly in the future.

All my kinky love and respect,

Lady Hillary

well maybe another owner can take over in new year and keep it going ? Is it a Lease or do they own the building ? Grandfathered license ?

I'm hoping Sanctuary can take it over as a satellite location. I won't lose hope.

Speaking of the Dominion, did anyone here do a session with Switch Rose when she was there? She now does sessions at Snow Mercy’s dungeon in the SFV. Rose’s info https://www.switchrose.com/

Other venues are starting to fill the void left by the loss of the Dominion.

I had the opportunity to visit Legacy Studios' open house today and am completely sold on the place. Switch Natalie is very nice. For those of you who are locals, I'd even like to potentially host a tickling event there.

Great thread! I think the wife and I have found where to plan our first dungeon visit. :)

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back