• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How to keep up the excitement and pace the ending?

How do you all keep your stories exciting and well-paced all the way to the end? I've noticed in my writing that I usually start with reasonably detailed descriptions of the tickling, but as I go on I tend to gloss over more and more, leading the conclusion to feel much more rushed compared to the earlier parts of the story. Part of it is just that, well, for as much as I love tickling, it's a pretty repetitive action, and switching up which parts of the body its on will only go so far, and I suspect part of it is also just the natural result of translating vague idea to concrete story (the excitement fades as potential is replaced with reality, even if I really like the reality), but if anyone has thoughts on other aspects of this, whether it happens to you, why it happens, how you fight or make use of it, etc. I'd love to hear them

Hello. What really helped my pacing for tickling scenes was embracing a really sloppy first draft, followed by one or two heavy rewrites. I'll write the tickling scene vaguely; go over the position the lee is in, where the tickles happen, how the ler is tickling them, and any lines that pop into my head.

Then I’ll reexamine the scene and try to get into the character’s head.

How is the lee feeling? Are they feeling anything other than ticklish? Are they scared, aroused, nervous, or embarrassed? How do they react to the touches? Are they trashing their bodies with all their strength to get away? Are they trembling and flinching at the touches? Are they enjoying it and leaning into the touches?

Same for the ler’s side, with an extra bit of what is their motivation? Are they tickling the lee because they’re being blackmailed to? Or is it revenge, a punishment, or sex? Does tickling the lee make them feel powerful, horny, conflicted, or guilty? How does the ler feel about the lee’s reactions? Are they enjoying every flinch and cackle. Do they keep their touches light to watch the lee squirm, or dig their fingers in so hard that it almost hurts the lee because they want to force the laughter out?

Having this in mind, even without going into detail helps out my tickle scenes immensely. In the Goater Ghost, which I have posted here, the lee Norma is an unwilling victim that gets trapped. The ler, the ghost of Mrs Goater wants revenge on trespassers. Even though I don’t go much into how Mrs Goater feels about Norma’s reactions, it gave me space to put in a little monologue of Mrs Goater’s past that gave weight to her motivations while also giving a space for the tension to grow as Norma came to realize that Mrs Goater wasn’t going to let her go unscathed.

Focusing on the how and the why can really add length and depth to a tickling scene without focusing on how the fingers are digging into the armpits or scraping down soles. You don’t need to spell everything out bluntly either. Your readers are smart, trust them to connect the dots on their own.

As for a satisfying ending, a goal should be accomplished by the end of the story. It doesn’t need to be a strong or complex one. It could be as simple as ‘the lee escaped’ or ‘the ler has gotten off.’ Give a few lines on what the character feels and what might come next. Is the lee relieved and trying to forget? Go one step further and have them get an email with a link to a video of their tickling to give the story a chance for a sequel? Or end it there with the lee worried about what the ler might do with the video. Does the ler let his captive go, satisfied? Or do they want more and start planning their next victim, or maybe decide to keep their first victim? Was the scene between two lovers cuddled up in the afterglow? Maybe the lee is planning to be the ler next time and wants some playful revenge for what the ler just did to them.

None of this is gospel, and simply what has helped me take my writing to the next level. I hope this helps you. Good luck.:redheart:

Oh, and something I forgot to mention to help the actual tickling part of the tickling scenes. I avoid using the word tickle as much as possible during them. Same with short laughter phrased like, she laughed, she giggled, she screamed. It really helps to set a mood and make the imagery much more vivid.

His nails raked down her soles, as opposed to, He tickled her feet.

Her fingertips ghosted up her bare sides, drawing out have stifled giggles, instead of, She lightly tickled her sides. She giggled.

Focus on the body movements of the lee and the different types of laughter, as well as the force behind the tickling. Hope that helps.

Oh, and something I forgot to mention to help the actual tickling part of the tickling scenes. I avoid using the word tickle as much as possible during them. Same with short laughter phrased like, she laughed, she giggled, she screamed. It really helps to set a mood and make the imagery much more vivid.

His nails raked down her soles, as opposed to, He tickled her feet.

Her fingertips ghosted up her bare sides, drawing out have stifled giggles, instead of, She lightly tickled her sides. She giggled.

Focus on the body movements of the lee and the different types of laughter, as well as the force behind the tickling. Hope that helps.

Thank you for both your comment, Fairytickles! I apologize for taking so long to respond, it slipped my mind early on and I just did not really think of it since then. This was very helpful, particularly the advice to make a sloppy draft first and rewrite later, and to avoid the word tickle where possible

Fairyticles makes some excellent points so I will add only the following:

Are you being turned on as you write the first draft? If not, why not?

It is almost always a good idea to set a story aside for at least a month before trying to revise it. I got behind in my revisions and I'm now up to 6 months behind. So by the time I read a story for revision, I haven't seen it for six months and I've forgotten the detail of what I've written. So, if I'm not being excited, there's something wrong with the content and the pacing.

Try to alter the speed of your delivery--once the reader understands what you are promising and that you have the ability to deliver, slowing down the action for awhile before ramping up the speed of events is often helpful.

Hope this helps!

Jason

Fairyticles makes some excellent points so I will add only the following:

Are you being turned on as you write the first draft? If not, why not?

It is almost always a good idea to set a story aside for at least a month before trying to revise it. I got behind in my revisions and I'm now up to 6 months behind. So by the time I read a story for revision, I haven't seen it for six months and I've forgotten the detail of what I've written. So, if I'm not being excited, there's something wrong with the content and the pacing.

Try to alter the speed of your delivery--once the reader understands what you are promising and that you have the ability to deliver, slowing down the action for awhile before ramping up the speed of events is often helpful.

Hope this helps!

Jason

Thank you, that is very helpful! On the point about being turned on while writing, I have recently found that there is a certain balance I need to strike there - too much and i lose focus, too little and I lose motivation

I will have to try slowing the speed sometime! That does sound like an effective way to make the ending hit hard

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back