Feet in a circle

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What's New?

5/23/2022

Check out the Video Clips forum for previews from producers and other content!

clips4sale.com

Tickle Experiment

The largest clips store online

Explore the TMF

Link Us!

Link your site to the TMF. Info here

Live Camgirls!

Live Camgirls

Streaming Videos

Pic of the Week

Pic of the Week

Trivia Winner:

LadyInternet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'll send you some information from the CDC that shows that only about 6% of COVID deaths overall died from COVID alone. To clarify, I'm only looking at the numbers in the US, since the CDC primarily analyzes US numbers, not those of other countries.

Fully vaccinated people still die from COVID as well, but it's typically when they have 4 or more comorbidities. This isn't that different from those who die that aren't vaccinated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMacphisto View Post
    I'll send you some information from the CDC that shows that only about 6% of COVID deaths overall died from COVID alone. To clarify, I'm only looking at the numbers in the US, since the CDC primarily analyzes US numbers, not those of other countries.

Fully vaccinated people still die from COVID as well, but it's typically when they have 4 or more comorbidities. This isn't that different from those who die that aren't vaccinated.
    I will read it and reply.

I would be interested in that information too

I found:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN25U2IO
    Last edited by Nedward; 01-16-2022 at 02:49 PM. Reason: I found some information after posted first

Quote Originally Posted by Nedward View Post

I found:

The only thing false in the claim they supposedly debunk is that it was "quietly updated." The rest of the claim is true.

About 6% of those who got COVID and died had comorbidities. Your link states that, had all of these people not gotten COVID, they would still be alive, which is a pretty bold claim given all of the comorbidities listed, but even if we assume that to be true, a better question is: "would they still be alive if they did not have these conditions but had COVID?"

That's the question fearmongers don't like to ask.
    Last edited by MrMacphisto; 01-16-2022 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Clarification

They still died of covid which makes the 6% claim misleading especially when omitting the rest of the data.

The majority died of COVID plus other conditions, not COVID alone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedward View Post

I found:

That site lays out pretty much what I've discovered so far - that while it's accurate to say that there was comorbidity, it's a misunderstanding to say that they did not die from Covid.

"He provided an analogy to someone dying of a gunshot wound whose death certificate might list gunshot wound, along with hemorrhagic shock and liver laceration, as causes of death, with homelessness (associated with more exposure to potential violence, here ), as a contributing factor. "

My father recently died of cancer. But it was not cancer that killed him - it was liver and kidney failure brought on by cancer.

People who died with covid, but OF a comorbidity would not, in most cases, have died of their comorbidity if it were not for Covid.

My investigation continues, but that seems to be the real message of the CDC page. But it's being misrepresented by certain sources as meaning something it doesn't. It doesn't mean that Covid wasn't what killed those people, just like it would be inaccurate to say that it wasn't cancer that killed my father, or the gunshot wound wasn't what killed the patient in your example.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensualswitch10 View Post
    Great. Just in time for the next variant

Quote Originally Posted by magic fingers View Post
    Great. Just in time for the next variant
    I understand your pessimism, but the next variant will almost certainly be more similar to Omicron (original covid is basically extinct and Omicron makes up the overwhelming majority of new cases) than to original covid, which the current vaccine was developed for. It stands to reason that the Omicron vax would therefore be more effective against Omicron descended variants.

Pfizer says it can target new vaccines to new variants within 100 days now.

Pfizer CEO Says New Shot Could Be Made Within 100 Days To Tackle Variants If Needed
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...if-needed/amp/

I know nobody wants to be perpetually playing catch up with the virus, but we're making progress. Hopefully an effective treatment will be forthcoming in the near future.

Blog Entries
    I'm done getting vaccines every other month...i believe that if you have or have not been vaccinated you will get the omicron variant in some form, according to a report last week from Dr. Fauci.
    MARRIED AUGUST 12TH, 1978

Quote Originally Posted by MrMacphisto View Post
    a better question is: "would they still be alive if they did not have these conditions but had COVID?"

That's the question fearmongers don't like to ask.
    This question has been asked - and answered. I quote from David Spiegelhalter and Anthony Masters excellent book "Covid by numbers", p. 106:

"At the start of the first wave, one of us [David Spiegelhalter] was quoted as saying, 'many people who die of Covid would have died anyway within a short period'. Others estimated that this proportion could be over half. We were wrong: it is plausible that between 5% and 15% of the 60'000 excess deaths in the first wave were hastened by under a year. The great majority of these people had their lives shortened by a somewhat greater extent; analysis suggests that, on average, around 10 years of life are lost from Covid-19 deaths in the UK, and 16 years globally." (they quote from a Nature article).

Quote Originally Posted by ichbins View Post
    This question has been asked - and answered. I quote from David Spiegelhalter and Anthony Masters excellent book "Covid by numbers", p. 106:

"At the start of the first wave, one of us [David Spiegelhalter] was quoted as saying, 'many people who die of Covid would have died anyway within a short period'. Others estimated that this proportion could be over half. We were wrong: it is plausible that between 5% and 15% of the 60'000 excess deaths in the first wave were hastened by under a year. The great majority of these people had their lives shortened by a somewhat greater extent; analysis suggests that, on average, around 10 years of life are lost from Covid-19 deaths in the UK, and 16 years globally." (they quote from a Nature article).
    Even if we assume that to be true, since the vast majority of COVID deaths involve at least one comorbidity, people without any serious health condition and who are under 60 don't have much reason to get the vaccine.

By the same token, there's no compelling reason for the people I mentioned to isolate or be forced into lockdowns. Yet, we see multiple governments enforce lockdowns (like Australia) and vaccine mandates. The response by various societies has been vastly out of proportion to the dangers presented.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12