• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickler's remorse

bt2003

Just curious to hear if anyone else has experienced what I call tickler's remorse. It is having a situation where you have an opportunity to tickle someone whom you have wanted to tickle for some time but ultimately you chicken out and then never find out what it is like to tickle them. Two instances of tickler's remorse for me are with my wife's first roommate after graduating from college and my sister-in-law.

Back before my now wife, Andi, and I were married after she had graduated college and I was in my second year of graduate school Andi decided to get an apartment near my University with one of her friends from college. We had already gotten engaged but decided we wanted to wait until after our wedding before actually living together. Her roommate, Lisa, was a nurse just like Andi and they both got jobs at the same Hospital. On many occasions when I was at their place watching TV her roommate would be there with us and she would be barefoot. She had very good looking feet and I always wondered if they were ticklish. One day I needed to give Andi a ride home from work and when we got to her place she wanted to go shower (spending 8hrs in a hospital around sick people will make you want to do that as soon as you get home). Anyway while she was in the shower Lisa was on the couch watching CNN so I sat on the opposite end of the couch and waited. Lisa was again barefoot and her pink soles were within arms length just waiting a quick tickle. At that time the perfect set up occurred. There was a news piece that came on CNN about research that was being conducted in California on tickling. I couldn't believe my eyes and just sat there quietly. The news clip still exists out there on the net where they were testing college students to see what causes people to laugh when tickled. Anyway, when the clip ends Lisa says "that was interesting research, can't believe they got funding to find out why we laugh when tickled". Being in graduate school for biochemistry I quickly replied "yeah can't believe they were able to get a research grant to study tickling while my advisor is having a hard time getting funding for our research into proteins that could prevent atherosclerosis". Then I nonchalantly said "would you have signed up to be part of that study". Lisa replied "Oh my God No! I'm very ticklish, especially my feet". Now that was the perfect set up for me to just reach over and give her soles a quick tickle to which I could have just laughed off and said something like "just doing some research" but of course I chickened out. For the rest of that year I regretted not taking that opportunity to give her a quick tickling. Many more times I would see her barefoot before Andi and I had our wedding and we got a place together but never again did I have a chance like that and ultimately Lisa and Andi went their separate ways and I never got the chance to hear what her ticklish laughter would have sounded like.

Another case of tickler's remorse has been with my sister-in-law Angela. Not long after Andi and I were married there was a family trip to the Outer Banks. One evening I heard my sister-in-law laughing hysterically from the family room of the house we were all renting. I wanted to get up and run out to see what was going on but didn't want my wife to wonder why I came running into the room at the sound of laughter. After a few minutes Andi came into our room and I said "what was going on out there" and she replied "Ang was getting her feet tickled, she is so ticklish on her feet". The next day I ended up on the couch in the family room with Angela barefoot again within arm's length and I said "heard you laughing your head off last night". She replied "they were tickling my feet, it drives me crazy because I can't stop laughing". Again I had the perfect set up to just reach over and say something like "well since I missed out on the fun last night" and then tickle the hell out of her feet but instead I again failed to make my move and now after 26yrs of marriage and being around my sister-in-law barefoot many times I have never again had such a perfect set up to give her a good tickling and I still wonder what it would be like to have her cracking up under my skillful tickling fingers.

I did also have a situation of tickler's remorse with my wife's cousin Kelli. But thankfully for me in that case a second situation presented itself and I was able to give Kelli a great tickling and surprisingly there was no negative consequences from it. Even now many years later at some family reunion gatherings Kelli will say to me "remember that time you gave my feet a good tickling, wow I haven't been tickled like that since". I'll post that story in a separate post.

I would be interested in hearing others stories of tickler's remorse.

There were many many instances where I felt tickler's remorse but the justification was the fear i could get in deep crap. In my earlier working days (early 90's) I took many many chances. So many times I would tickle the crap out of female coworkers and of course they were all very ticklish all over. I use to get their ribs, underarms and sometimes their feet. The excuse I had to tickle them was they would tease me about my dating and how I couldn't find the right one because maybe I was wierd. Many of them didn't mind being tickled because they were married, had an unattentive hubby and maybe loved the attention. Then in later years i stopped or refrained from tickling women due to the whole Sexual Harrassment initiatives. This one very cute young woman named Alison would always dangle her shoes from her toes when sitting and would remove her shoes later in the day. Sometimes she'd wear stockings or go bare. One time while chatting i dropped a pen and it rolled under her desk then the phone rang. She was barefoot, i could've tickled the crap out of her foot but I didn't and chickened out. Even when she got off the phone i was still under her desk too. I did find out she was extremely ticklish because i saw her friend get her sides and feet once. Another was my friend's sister that was more than a few years older than us. She would flirt with me but i never tried tickling her. Cindy use to hug, pinch me and say only if I was older but of course i chickened out with her too. Another was a gf's really hot divorced mom, she was either in her late 40's or early 50's. Countless times this woman was barefoot and I would refrain from tickling her. A few times she sat down on the couch next to me with her pedicured foot under butt and her sole facing me. She probably wouldn't have cared if I tickled her feet or even her ribs too. Now i tickled many gf's moms but this one I never attempted tickling her i think because her very ticklish daughter (gf) hated to be tickled and would get uptight and make a scene if she knew I tickled her mom. There are many more but these come to mind.

The agony of missed opportunities is probably universal.:(
Thanks for sharing your experience here. :feets:

A fair few times yes.

Hmmm.

The first time that comes to mind is about a girl called Kate in school.
Quite short, long blonde hair looked a lot like Diana Vickers.
I started to notice after a while that she kept wearing sandals, this was odd to me since this was not part of the uniform at all.
One day in a maths lesson she had kicked her sandals off and from what I can recall she was leaning her knees on to her chair for some reason and her now small barefeet were right in front of my face near enough; my row of desks was right behind her row of desks. I could of quite easily reached forward and tickled her soles. But I chickened out for some reason...

The next moment I felt the same was with my first true gf who I have written about before. Also called Kate and Blonde a cross between charlotte church and britney spears. She had an older sister, brunette and green eyes. I remember one christmas when I was visiting there, the sister who was also visiting was sat down on the floor, in a purple dressing grown with her milky white feet very close by. I could of given those feet a swipe but alas no.

One afternoon me and my gf kate, her best friend Preeti and her boyfriend went to see a film together. As was common Place Preeti tickled Kate's sides making her giggle. This would eventually turn in to us ganging up on her and I have written about it before. But this is not about Kate, this is about Preeti. Preeti at one point was looking away with her cute little Punjabi feet, soles exposed facing towards me. For a brief second I thought about tickling her.

The next two moments that come to mind was in college.

My next girlfriend Hannah, part irish decent, curvy, wavy reddish/brown hair. One of the first things she told me was i'm very ticklish. I proceeded to tickle her constantly from that point. One time we were at her friends house where she was staying. I'll call her friend Sarah. Her friend Sarah had a female housemate who proceeded to tickle Sarah by tickling behind her knees. Sarah went nuts jumping all over the place, the housemate kept saying Dance Dance Dance Dance. Hannah looked at me and said with a grin, join in? Yes, Hannah was actually asking me if I wanted to tickle her.. I being in a bad mood said no.
The housemate clearly heard this and after letting Sarah recover proceeded to ask, "are you ticklish, or are you?"
Hannah responded with "very." Oh to be a fly on the wall in that house..

The next moment was with yet another blonde in college. Curvy, long blonde hair, brown eyes and a nice tan.
She was putting a display together for something. I don't remember how, or if she was initially wearing trainers. But she ended up sitting down being barefoot. Once again her feet were in range and I almost reached out and give her feet a tickle playfully.. Again I didn't do it.

Next... These are the more recent ones up until even recently.

I briefly worked for a teleresearch company. My boss was a beautiful south african woman. short Blonde hair, a nice body, nice smile. Claire.
I think my contract had been concluded and I was picking up an invoice. I noticed she was sat in her chair barefoot, sandals off. Once again.. I came close to giving her foot a playful tickle...

There was a girl by the name of Shilpa from Nepal I mentioned before. (The one I heard get the shit tickled out of) I know she was ticklish because I tickled her sides and she fell to the floor. I also had many opportunities to tickle her exposed flip flop feet but I never did. The most memorable being when she was kneeling on the kitchen counter, soles exposed.

The next one was a chinese girl from Shanghai. She to this day I believe had a thing for me but.... it ended in a weird way.
Anyway... The first opportunity I had was when she invited me over to help clear her room.. She was in pyjamas barefoot and I had constant chances to tickle her very distracting chinese feet. I also know she was ticklish as like Shilpa I grabbed her sides a few times.
It gets worse, she actually came to stay at my place in my room and every morning I was treated to the sight of her barefeet somehow sticking out of the duvet. Every single time I chickened out.

The next one was a girl named Tracey. Short dark wavy hair, really easy going. I was set up by someone which is how we met.
Well one night my brother was tickling his girl in the room next door. I again proceeded to tickle Tracey on her sides and she was ticklish. He txted me out of the blue and said Tracey has extremely ticklish feet. I don't know how this was discovered, presumably his girl found that out.
Alas... I was too chicken shit to act on that.

Now we come to the most recent one.

My best friend has a polish girlfriend. Slim, brunette hair, glasses, laughs a lot. She also has this tendency when barefoot to pick up things with her toes.
Very distracting! Well somehow I ended up sat quite close to her, her barefeet close enough for a tickle attack. I think had I, there would of been no hard feelings but I again didn't get her.

Those are all the remorse experiences that come to mind.

Great topic! Several + come to mind over my 36 years, missed opportunities seem to come with the territory unfortunately. 1 missed chance that came to mind over all the others was my college professor. We'll call her Ms H. At the time she was probably in her early 40s. Stunningly beautiful woman, with flaming red hair and a body most women would kill for. Had a pretty serious type personality for the most part. Which played a factor in my decision. She had a beautiful laugh, had great feet, and was like 3rd in command on the school board behind the Chancellor and the VP. So she had power as well, which was intimidating at the time, but also a big turn on. We had lunch together one day and she invited me over sometime in the summer during my senior year when I was placed in the town for my required internship. It was a general "if you're bored" type invite, nothing super specific, but still. We could watch movies and catch up is how she put it, which was probably today's version of Netflix and chill. Although I did not turn her down directly, I didn't ever take her up on that offer. I was kinda fearful I'd read more into what I thought was possible flirting, and misread her niceness for something else. She had all this power, thought maybe that would get me in trouble if I pursued and guessed wrong haha. Had I been completely done with school I would've definitely taken her up on the invite. I still had something to gain, but much to lose. I regret to this day being too passive with Ms. H. I was already done taking courses with her as my professor directly, which was about 3-4 courses as she was a professor in my major. Damn, what could've been though? I sometimes tell myself If her ticklishness was anything like her personality, then she might not be ticklish at all. Would've been nice to see her possibly with her guard down. Maybe behind the scenes she was more playful. Unfortunately I'll likely never know smh :( lol

For me, it would be my Sister-in-Law, and my Mother-in-Law (now deceased). The Sister-in-Law is still with us, but has moved quite far away, so the opportunity never arises.

Just curious to hear if anyone else has experienced what I call tickler's remorse. It is having a situation where you have an opportunity to tickle someone whom you have wanted to tickle for some time but ultimately you chicken out and then never find out what it is like to tickle them. Two instances of tickler's remorse for me are with my wife's first roommate after graduating from college and my sister-in-law.

Back before my now wife, Andi, and I were married after she had graduated college and I was in my second year of graduate school Andi decided to get an apartment near my University with one of her friends from college. We had already gotten engaged but decided we wanted to wait until after our wedding before actually living together. Her roommate, Lisa, was a nurse just like Andi and they both got jobs at the same Hospital. On many occasions when I was at their place watching TV her roommate would be there with us and she would be barefoot. She had very good looking feet and I always wondered if they were ticklish. One day I needed to give Andi a ride home from work and when we got to her place she wanted to go shower (spending 8hrs in a hospital around sick people will make you want to do that as soon as you get home). Anyway while she was in the shower Lisa was on the couch watching CNN so I sat on the opposite end of the couch and waited. Lisa was again barefoot and her pink soles were within arms length just waiting a quick tickle. At that time the perfect set up occurred. There was a news piece that came on CNN about research that was being conducted in California on tickling. I couldn't believe my eyes and just sat there quietly. The news clip still exists out there on the net where they were testing college students to see what causes people to laugh when tickled. Anyway, when the clip ends Lisa says "that was interesting research, can't believe they got funding to find out why we laugh when tickled". Being in graduate school for biochemistry I quickly replied "yeah can't believe they were able to get a research grant to study tickling while my advisor is having a hard time getting funding for our research into proteins that could prevent atherosclerosis". Then I nonchalantly said "would you have signed up to be part of that study". Lisa replied "Oh my God No! I'm very ticklish, especially my feet". Now that was the perfect set up for me to just reach over and give her soles a quick tickle to which I could have just laughed off and said something like "just doing some research" but of course I chickened out. For the rest of that year I regretted not taking that opportunity to give her a quick tickling. Many more times I would see her barefoot before Andi and I had our wedding and we got a place together but never again did I have a chance like that and ultimately Lisa and Andi went their separate ways and I never got the chance to hear what her ticklish laughter would have sounded like.

Another case of tickler's remorse has been with my sister-in-law Angela. Not long after Andi and I were married there was a family trip to the Outer Banks. One evening I heard my sister-in-law laughing hysterically from the family room of the house we were all renting. I wanted to get up and run out to see what was going on but didn't want my wife to wonder why I came running into the room at the sound of laughter. After a few minutes Andi came into our room and I said "what was going on out there" and she replied "Ang was getting her feet tickled, she is so ticklish on her feet". The next day I ended up on the couch in the family room with Angela barefoot again within arm's length and I said "heard you laughing your head off last night". She replied "they were tickling my feet, it drives me crazy because I can't stop laughing". Again I had the perfect set up to just reach over and say something like "well since I missed out on the fun last night" and then tickle the hell out of her feet but instead I again failed to make my move and now after 26yrs of marriage and being around my sister-in-law barefoot many times I have never again had such a perfect set up to give her a good tickling and I still wonder what it would be like to have her cracking up under my skillful tickling fingers.

I did also have a situation of tickler's remorse with my wife's cousin Kelli. But thankfully for me in that case a second situation presented itself and I was able to give Kelli a great tickling and surprisingly there was no negative consequences from it. Even now many years later at some family reunion gatherings Kelli will say to me "remember that time you gave my feet a good tickling, wow I haven't been tickled like that since". I'll post that story in a separate post.

I would be interested in hearing others stories of tickler's remorse.

Well at least you were able to get a verbal confirmation anyways. Better than a poke in the ol eyeball I suppose. Lol. Missed opportunities are unfortunately a part of life I reckon, the next one you have, just take it out on your wife later on . Lol

Great topic! Several + come to mind over my 36 years, missed opportunities seem to come with the territory unfortunately. 1 missed chance that came to mind over all the others was my college professor. We'll call her Ms H. At the time she was probably in her early 40s. Stunningly beautiful woman, with flaming red hair and a body most women would kill for. Had a pretty serious type personality for the most part. Which played a factor in my decision. She had a beautiful laugh, had great feet, and was like 3rd in command on the school board behind the Chancellor and the VP. So she had power as well, which was intimidating at the time, but also a big turn on. We had lunch together one day and she invited me over sometime in the summer during my senior year when I was placed in the town for my required internship. It was a general "if you're bored" type invite, nothing super specific, but still. We could watch movies and catch up is how she put it, which was probably today's version of Netflix and chill. Although I did not turn her down directly, I didn't ever take her up on that offer. I was kinda fearful I'd read more into what I thought was possible flirting, and misread her niceness for something else. She had all this power, thought maybe that would get me in trouble if I pursued and guessed wrong haha. Had I been completely done with school I would've definitely taken her up on the invite. I still had something to gain, but much to lose. I regret to this day being too passive with Ms. H. I was already done taking courses with her as my professor directly, which was about 3-4 courses as she was a professor in my major. Damn, what could've been though? I sometimes tell myself If her ticklishness was anything like her personality, then she might not be ticklish at all. Would've been nice to see her possibly with her guard down. Maybe behind the scenes she was more playful. Unfortunately I'll likely never know smh :( lol

PShort, how many years was she older than you? I bet she liked you and maybe wanted to mess around or feel you out. Too bad you read too much into it.

PShort, how many years was she older than you? I bet she liked you and maybe wanted to mess around or feel you out. Too bad you read too much into it.

JS she probably had me by a good 20 years in age. Early - mid 40s I'm guessing. She was such a no BS, super serious type Alpha Female. On 1 hand that's incredibly sexy, on the other hand - I could see her taking something like being tickled ultra serious. An just like that I'm probably in deep shyt! lol - Again she had a hell of a lot of power as well. That's ultimately why I had to make the tough decision to pass. I sometimes regret it, but I would've regretted much more getting expelled for harassment or something. That substantially outweighed my tickling fantasy with her. :(

Thankfully, luckily and now after reading this thread, Greatfully no.

I have had numerus curiosities that remained such. But no missed opportunites with tickling feet I wanted to or pursued to tickle.

So far... ;0)

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back