• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Atlanta Braves Trade For Slugging First Baseman Matt Olson

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
www.ajc.com

The Atlanta Braves traded for Slugging First Baseman from the Oakland A's today.

This trade almost certainly means that Freddie Freeman, who has been a Brave for his whole career, is leaving the Braves as a free agent

The Freeman situation has almost been a soap opera.

I read multiple reports that had said the Braves offered Freeman a five year contract, but Freeman rejected it.

At age 32, I think that Freeman, with as great of a player as he is, would have been unrealistic to expect more, as by the end of that contract, he would have been 37.

At age 37, the Braves probably felt that his production would have declined.

Supposedly, Freeman wanted a six year deal, which the Braves felt was too many years, as they figured that by age 38, he would not have produced enough to justify his likely 30 million a year salary.

While Olson makes much less money than Freeman, and, at age 27, Olson will produce for far more years for the Braves than Freeman would have.

Hopefully, with Olson now with Atlanta, and Marcel Onuna, and Ronald Acuna both coming back after they missed much of the season in 2021, The Braves will be in good shape for another title run, if they have enough starting pitching.

It will be interesting to see where Freeman ends up signing.

My belief, he will either sign with my good friend milagros' favorite team, the Dodgers, or maybe the Yankees, who with their large payrolls, much larger than the Braves, could afford a mega money, long term deal that Freeman wants.

Bring on the season! It likely will be very exciting to be a Braves and Dodgers fan this season

Mitch i was hoping the Yankees would've gotten Olson, i think they'll be going back to Rizzo.

I'm not so sure that the Yankees might not end up signing Freeman now that Olson is with the Braves. However, Freeman could also go to the Dodgers, considering that he wants 30 mil for 6 years. Not many teams except a mega market team like the Yankees, or milagros's Dodgers could afford that salary and length of contract

This is a good move Mitch. Olson was born and raised in Atlanta, so he's a hometown player.

Yes, JJB, it is a very good move.

Freeman simply wanted too many years and too much money at age 32, and the Braves did not want to or could not give it to him.

My feeling, Freeman goes to either the Yankees or Dodgers, We will see if I;m right.

Dang Mitch, you're getting more info on the Braves than I am, and I'm in Atlanta. We'll see what happens though.

Well, it just happened a short time ago, but

Olson has just signed an eight year, $168 million dollar extension with the Braves.

So thus

Depending on whether they add his already remaining two years on his current contract, or just count the eight years themselves, Olson is with the Braves now until either 2029 or 2031.

Just fine with me'

At first, I was a bit upset when I heard about the Olson trade because I knew it meant that Freeman is going to leave.

Now, considering the fact that Olson is five years younger than Freeman and locked up now long term, I'm okay with it.

In my opinion,

I think the Braves need one more starting pitcher for their rotation, and then the Braves should/will be truly dominant.

As for Freeman.

I would not be a bit surprised to see him sign with Milagros's Dodgers.

Only a big market team could afford Freeman's contract demands.

That brings it down to teams like the Dodgers, Yankees, and Red Sox.

I predict that one of those three teams will sign Freeman for something like six years, and 30 to 35 mil a year, but we will see

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back