• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

BDSM Practitioners loving pain but hating tickling?

Hutlys94

TMF Novice
So I've been chatting to a lot of people into bondage/BDSM in general. A huge consensus is that they love the forms of punishment that include pain (whipping, paddling spanking etc)

But when tickling was brought up they pretty much all said that they couldn't stand it and that they found it much more torturous than any form of pain they experienced while restrained.

I was wondering what you guys thought of the reasons behind this? Why does being forced to laugh end up being more unbearable than actually feeling pain? How can something that doesn't leave physical marks on the body be worse than something that does?

Love to hear you're take on this guys thanks in advance!

I’ve heard many people into impact play and pain find tickling to be a hard limit. At least more than you might think ostensibly. It may be due to a trauma experience as a child. It may take them to a place mentally they don’t want to go as it can be distressing. With pain we often bear it, but with tickling there is an instinctual need to flee or escape. Also it can be more torturous as the lightest of touches can drive you absolutely mad. But there are many factors. The most common one is that some people generally hate the specific sensations that come with tickling.

This is a fairly easy one, though not obvious to someone who doesn't like pain stimulation.

For a measurable part of the population the pain stimulus while it does hurt, also delivers a positive total result. This includes all the endorphins released in pain related actions, and the cathartic release that comes from experiencing pain. Also a decently sized segment of the population has different responses to pain in total, and read different levels of pleasure from it.

This is not different from people in our community that are lee's and enjoy the experience of being tickled. While annoying on one level it provides the same sort of positives as pain play does for the other group and thus they seek it.

But tickling does NOT provide those positives for the pain oriented group, they are not physically and/or physically set up for that enjoyment, but for pain stimuli instead. So all they get from tickling is the annoyance. And that's not what they want in a sexual experience. Just as tickling fans don't seek pain as part of their play, which very much would not make them happy should they get it.

So it's a matter of psychological desire shading a stimuli into a positive, plus some physical characteristics that have an impact on how a stimuli is perceived that produces the situation asked in the OP's question.

It's worth noting that pure sensualists, those who like stimulation of all sorts across the board and get pleasure from it, all tend to be positively oriented toward pain play, tickling, and other stimulation groups equally, though they may of course have preferences. But these folks are much rarer then your basic pain play folks so you don't see them as often.

Myriads

I've found that a lot of the BDSM community (of which i am definitely a part of) revolves around looking cool, which it is virtually impossible to do while being tickled. Since tickling results in a total loss of self-control it can be unpopular in a scene where posturing is such a prevailing force. In my local kink community most people are goth, or goth-adjacent, super into impact play, choking, shibari, suspension, leather, humiliation, etc which are all pretty 'badass'. Tickling, by contrast, may seem sorta light-hearted & even childish to someone outside the fetish. Maybe they think that laughing uncontrollably may interfere with their dark, mysterious image. I, too, have met my fair share of hardened BDSM practitioners who call tickling a hard-limit & it honestly makes sense to me. It is straight-up torture after a certain point, pretty sure it's banned by the geneva convention. Not to mention that the sensation of physical pain is localized whereas a ticklish reaction can be a whole-body experience.

I've found that a lot of the BDSM community (of which i am definitely a part of) revolves around looking cool, which it is virtually impossible to do while being tickled. Since tickling results in a total loss of self-control it can be unpopular in a scene where posturing is such a prevailing force.

I think you're onto something interesting there. Tickling has this subtle interpersonal component that is very deep. This is why it's embarrassing to be tickle tortured in a way that pain isn't. It's deeper submission.

There was an old Kink.com video where Matt Williams absolutely broke a model name Lilla Katt with tickling.

In the post session interview, her response, and I’m paraphrasing, was that the tickling was more difficult to process than the pain. I think you can brace yourself for the impact of a whip, flogger, palm, etc, but it appears tickling is a relentless and unfamiliar sensation. To many, the body freaks out when it wonders why it cannot escape the relentless sensation of tickling.

These are some really great responses everyone. Do you think this proves that tickling could actually be used an an effective means of torture if the victim was tied up, super ticklish and couldn't do anything to stop it?

I don’t have an answer for you, but I can say that for me personally, I like it all. I like whips, spanking, canes, floggers, UV wands, hot wax, paddles, forced painful orgasms, clothes pins, rough sex (hair pulled/lightly choked), certain kinds of penetration, and yes, VERY MUCH SO, TICKLING.

Back to what Myriads was saying, I like sensation. I like to feel physical stimulations deeply for what they are and by feeling whatever sensation it is, get pleasure from it. I still get that endorphins rush from doing something I know is too intense and “being forced” to go through it anyway. There’s a specific kind of tickling that for me is torture, but even experiencing that- while hell, I’ll still enjoy the way my body processes that stimuli and then I reap the benefits of the chemical release that our brain gives us- subspace. For me, while I love tickling- I think my true kink is getting to that place of subspace through physically feeling and being overwhelmed.

Yes. Tickling could definitely be used as a form of torture. In fact, historically, it has been.

It's really crazy how something that causes us to smile and laugh can actually be a form of torture!

This is one of the most interesting threads I've seen on here in a long time. Thanks for it.

My two cents is that one sector of people get off on submission and humiliation in all it's forms, period. For them, feeling helpless and dominated is the thing, especially if they're dominated by the right person or people.

But for others, the feeling of being able to take a flogging or beating proves to them some sort of internal control over what's going on. Whereas if they jerk or scream wildly at every poke or jiggle, it undermines the feeling that they're internally tough enough to take whatever's being dished out. To them, big reactions to small stimuli feel like the opposite of proving to themselves they can take it, so they have the opposite reaction to tickling that they have to a beating.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back