• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

One final thing on Thor, Marvel, and especially Taika Waititi

I don't know what other things have been posted about Thor, but.... starting a thread out by calling someone "D-bag g is that what the TMF is about now?

I don't know what other things have been posted about Thor, but.... starting a thread out by calling someone "D-bag g is that what the TMF is about now?

Waititi made a joke about his friend, Chris Hemsworth, more than 4 years ago.
Apparently, some dudes are still cryin' about it.

Agree with what one of the comments to the video said. We better get a scene with Natalie Portman topless in Marvel. I mean, fair is fair :)

Don’t try to make sense of the angry incel logic of a butt-hurt random youtube commenter; you’ll give yourself a headache.

Incel? Lol really? Ya'll are talking about double standards in treatment of men vs women, and so when someone says something that would equalize that treatment, you instantly go to incel? Weak.

If you view Waititi's piece of meat comment about his friend as OK, then you can't really be so condescending to someone that perceives a woman in the same manner as as Waititi saw his 'friend'.

Incel? Lol really? Ya'll are talking about double standards in treatment of men vs women, and so when someone says something that would equalize that treatment, you instantly go to incel? Weak.

If you view Waititi's piece of meat comment about his friend as OK, then you can't really be so condescending to someone that perceives a woman in the same manner as as Waititi saw his 'friend'.

Waititi can joke about his friend; you can perceive a woman however you want.

So pleased that you approve of free will. Don't judge treatment of one gender in one way, and a different gender another way.

So pleased that you approve of free will. Don't judge treatment of one gender in one way, and a different gender another way.

I’m not.
You’re working far too hard to take offense at a joke someone made about his friend.

I’m not.
You’re working far too hard to take offense at a joke someone made about his friend.

Sounds like you're working even harder to defend a male who called another male a piece of meat. If Waititi was best friends with Natalie Portman and said the exact same thing about her, would you call that a joke?

Sounds like you're working even harder to defend a male who called another male a piece of meat. If Waititi was best friends with Natalie Portman and said the exact same thing about her, would you call that a joke?

Nope, because he wouldn't. I don't have to defend him, because there's nothing to defend. It's a joke, from a friend.
That's the part you're willfully ignoring; context.
You keep howling about, "what if?", when it doesn't happen like that.

Nope, because he wouldn't. I don't have to defend him, because there's nothing to defend. It's a joke, from a friend.
That's the part you're willfully ignoring; context.
You keep howling about, "what if?", when it doesn't happen like that.

Got it, your non-answer is predicated on the assumption that Waititi wouldn't say the same thing to Portman if they were friends, so it absolves one of having to answer a fair question about treatment based on gender.

And I guess, in the context, if he did say that about her, then it's okay because it's a joke...

Got it, your non-answer is predicated on the assumption that Waititi wouldn't say the same thing to Portman if they were friends, so it absolves one of having to answer a fair question.

And I guess, in the context, if he did say that about her, then it's okay because it's a joke.

Save the assumptions for your Red Pill Pals. You guys really aren’t very good at dealing with real life.
You just don’t get how male/female dynamics work in most of the world; or maybe you do, and you just won’t stop caterwauling about it.
Developing a sense of humor could really help with your underlying issue.

Save the assumptions for your Red Pill Pals. You guys really aren’t very good at dealing with real life.
You just don’t get how male/female dynamics work in most of the world; or maybe you do, and you just won’t stop caterwauling about it.

Condescending ad hominem to mask your refusal to treat men and women equally. Your shaming and labeling tactics might work on others, but that doesn't work on me.

Smh

Male/female dynamics are indeed different from dynamics between those of the same sex. Granted, there's a certain segment of society that has tried to demand all things to be equal regardless of sex. Therein lies the problem.

Men and women are different, which by definition, makes them unequal. It doesn't mean one is inferior or superior. It just means that equality must be limited in its scope.

It's also why gender identity complicates the matter by ignoring physical realities that go against prevailing social justice narratives.

Condescending ad hominem to mask your refusal to treat men and women equally. Your shaming and labeling tactics might work on others, but that doesn't work on me.

Smh

I’m not shaming you…jfc, how delicate are you?

Jane FosThor is an S-tier waifu and only dorks aren't psyched for a Swole Portman.

Jane FosThor is an S-tier waifu and only dorks aren't psyched for a Swole Portman.

Yeah, it looks like a fun movie. Not a fan of everything Waititi's put out, but a lot of it (like What We Do In The Shadows and his Marvel stuff) is really enjoyable.

I’m not shaming you…jfc, how delicate are you?

Are deflection and personal attacks against me the best you can do? Rather than answering a straight question, you resort to calling me names like red pill, delicate? Lol.

Just admit what you're deflecting, that it's okay for men to be called pieces of meat by a male friend, but a woman can't be called a piece of meat by a male friend. Admit your double standard.

Last edited:
Are deflection and personal attacks against me the best you can do? Rather than answering a straight question, you resort to calling me names like red pill, delicate? Lol.

Just admit what you're deflecting, that it's okay for men to be called pieces of meat by a male friend, but a woman can't be called a piece of meat by a male friend. Admit your double standard.

Why would you call your undeniably hypothetical female friend a "piece of meat"?

Again, you're claiming a "double standard" based on your stilted idea that equality has to ignore context, history, and societal dynamics.
You're thinking at the level of an elementary school student.
Are you one of those guys that gets angry when people say he can't use the same words Black rappers do in their songs?

Why would you call your undeniably hypothetical female friend a "piece of meat"?

Again, you're claiming a "double standard" based on your stilted idea that equality has to ignore context, history, and societal dynamics.
You're thinking at the level of an elementary school student.
Are you one of those guys that gets angry when people say he can't use the same words Black rappers do in their songs?

Thank you for admitting your double standard. Now don't judge or belittle people with childish name calling simply because they don't agree with you.

You are nothing but a bully that berates people who dare to post their anger at male-to-male sexism like the OP did, and you equate his post to, what was it, "some dudes still crying about it"?

I don't know if you were treated poorly in high school or something, and so that's why you treat people with such unnecessary condescension and millenial buzzwords aimed at shaming people, but I feel sorry for you.

Last edited:
Thank you for admitting your double standard. Now don't judge or belittle people with childish name calling simply because they don't agree with you.

You are nothing but a bully that berates people who dare to post their anger at male-to-male sexism like the OP did, and you equate his post to, what was it, "some dudes still crying about it"?

I don't know if you were treated poorly in high school or something, and so that's why you treat people with such unnecessary condescension and millenial buzzwords aimed at shaming people, but I feel sorry for you.

No need. I’m not the one in an indignant snit over a perceived “double standard”, in complete denial of real life. I like women, and I’ve had far too many good experiences with them to be resentful over the fact that, by and large, most average women are considered desirable when most average men are not. It’s a societal thing.

Portman is a good actress, no doubt. I just don't understand the desire to redefine existing characters.

Why not develop her into a different character altogether? If they want to keep it Norse themed, they could always make her a descendant of some other Norse mythological figure. She could become a modern Baduhenna, for example.

Context is important, but when Kendrick Lamar shamed a white fan over her singing along with him during a concert because she didn't self-censor, it becomes obvious that a lot of the offense is contrived.

The premise of this thread is silly, so I agree with you that Waititi calling a close friend something in jest shouldn't be an issue.

At the same time though, rappers and fans of them shouldn't get offended if a fan that happens to be white sings along without self-censoring.

On a broader level, you can't normalize or "take back" a word using it ad nauseam and then simultaneously expect people outside of your group to not use it sometimes. Humans are social creatures, so if something becomes ubiquitous, people grow numb to it.

Also, you don't see many other minorities use their equivalent slurs as a term for endearment.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back