• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

One final thing on Thor, Marvel, and especially Taika Waititi

No need. I’m not the one in an indignant snit over a perceived “double standard”, in complete denial of real life. I like women, and I’ve had far too many good experiences with them to be resentful over the fact that, by and large, most average women are considered desirable when most average men are not. It’s a societal thing.

Desirability is entirely dependent on standards. So, individually, how you rank the average woman or man is going to depend on said standards.

That being said, if online dating sites are any indication, women practice high levels of hypergamy. There's a good evolutionary reason why women choose men that are at least of the same social standing as themselves while preferring those of much higher standing. Men are far more open about getting involved with women that are of lower social standing than themselves.

So, technically, you could say that the average woman is considered more desirable than the average man when looking at aggregate preferences between the sexes. However, that's merely a consequence of hypergamy among women.

A lot of men of higher social standing in the West have started to show a preference for women outside of the West, however. There have been a lot of social trends that have made Western women less desirable to them on average.

Portman is a good actress, no doubt. I just don't understand the desire to redefine existing characters.

Why not develop her into a different character altogether? If they want to keep it Norse themed, they could always make her a descendant of some other Norse mythological figure. She could become a modern Baduhenna, for example.

I'm not an expert, but they did make Jane into a female Thor in the comics, so they are just likely following suit here.

I'm not an expert, but they did make Jane into a female Thor in the comics, so they are just likely following suit here.

This is true, but my focus was more general overall. Marvel and DC have both done a fair bit of redefining characters over the decades, but it seems like most of these experiments rarely maintain people's interest in the long run. When people think of Thor, they don't think of a woman.

It would be like making Elektra a dude. Or replacing Catwoman with Catman. Although, Catman does sound kind of hilarious. lol

Portman is a good actress, no doubt. I just don't understand the desire to redefine existing characters.

Why not develop her into a different character altogether? If they want to keep it Norse themed, they could always make her a descendant of some other Norse mythological figure. She could become a modern Baduhenna, for example.

She is her own character. 'Jane Foster' in Thor form is still Jane Foster. Especially in a move where Thor is still Thor.

Because this looks dope as shit.

View attachment 706738

And her story run in the comics is brilliant. Sadly the films can't really do anything but a loose version of it. They're kind of damned if they do and damned if they don't. Fans freak out if they change a character and then freak out when a character is too similar to what they expected. All the while, normal viewers just want to have some fun at the cinema.

But that said, by Odin's nipple ring, this thread topic bizarre!​

Waititi made a joke about his friend, Chris Hemsworth, more than 4 years ago.
Apparently, some dudes are still cryin' about it.

Yep, and those dudes have every right to be offended. I wonder how many "false protectors" of women's honour would be brining up a man refering to a woman as a piece of meat?

Save the assumptions for your Red Pill Pals. You guys really aren’t very good at dealing with real life.
You just don’t get how male/female dynamics work in most of the world; or maybe you do, and you just won’t stop caterwauling about it.
Developing a sense of humor could really help with your underlying issue.

Actually Tickaler is right, and if he had said that about a woman then all hell would have broken lose. Add to that the epic failure at depicting Jane and Valkyrie as actual heroes (based on the trailer) by having them stand by and do nothing while Thor is abused/humiliated by Zeus, and that the entire concept of simply making Jane "Thor " by giving her his hammer is stupid. Thor is the characters actual name, not a super hero identity. The truth is it's all because Jason Aaron and most of the so called creative people at Marvel are to lazy to either creat new female character or use the many, MANY, that already exist. It's all just a marketing ploy to bring in female readers, and it only got publicity because feminist were happy to see men lose something not to see women gain anything, because really we didn't.

Are deflection and personal attacks against me the best you can do? Rather than answering a straight question, you resort to calling me names like red pill, delicate? Lol.

Just admit what you're deflecting, that it's okay for men to be called pieces of meat by a male friend, but a woman can't be called a piece of meat by a male friend. Admit your double standard.

Of course he's defecting. He's hoping all this feminist butt smooching will get him layed. No woman with any self-respect would fall for this crap.

Of course he's defecting. He's hoping all this feminist butt smooching will get him layed. No woman with any self-respect would fall for this crap.

Actually, I’m all set in the “getting laid” department, and have usually been pretty lucky in that realm, which is probably why I don’t get all shrill and butt hurt over a joke between friends, a variation on a fictional character, or even a little wink and nod to fan service in movies. Hell, remember Harley Quinn’s suiting up scene in Suicide Squad? It was cute, sexy, and completely needless to the plot, like the Thor scene (and Valkyrie’s reaction*). Where’s the faux “I’m really for equality” rage about that?

* I’m pretty sure that’s what all the shrieking is really about.

What else ya got?.

It looks lazy to me.

If by that you mean a lazy DOPE came up with something
shitty, then yeah you're right.

1. Learn how to use the multiquote
2. Haha you got so pissed off you responded to my one post two times
3. Imagine actually thinking getting mad at capeshit is what cool people do, and not getting mad at it is for nerds trying to score puusy

1. Learn how to use the multiquote
2. Haha you got so pissed off you responded to my one post two times
3. Imagine actually thinking getting mad at capeshit is what cool people do, and not getting mad at it is for nerds trying to score puusy

Yup. They've figured out that all those shiny, tasty-looking grapes must be pretty sour. :)

I guess I'm in the middle on this. I don't feel particularly strongly about a fictional character's presentation, but I also don't feel a need to defend an alternate version of it either.

As for the "self-respect" thing, good luck finding a woman or man with much of that in today's society. Decadence and depravity have removed it from the masses, at least in much of the West.

As for the "self-respect" thing, good luck finding a woman or man with much of that in today's society. Decadence and depravity have removed it from the masses, at least in much of the West.

This argument is about literal cartoon characters.

Her argument was. Mine was more general. I was just trying to add some perspective.

I agree with Wolf's earlier statement "Waititi can joke about his friend", and that the premise of the thread was silly, but when the topic of "self-respect" is brought into the discussion, that's much broader in scope.

Emma seems to believe that Wolf's viewpoint has something to do with virtue signaling, but I'm just saying that "self-respect" is in short supply overall, independent of preferences or behaviors.

Her argument was. Mine was more general. I was just trying to add some perspective.

I agree with Wolf's earlier statement "Waititi can joke about his friend", and that the premise of the thread was silly, but when the topic of "self-respect" is brought into the discussion, that's much broader in scope.

Emma seems to believe that Wolf's viewpoint has something to do with virtue signaling, but I'm just saying that "self-respect" is in short supply overall, independent of preferences or behaviors.

Yes, because not losing my shit over a joke, a fan service scene, or *gasp* a gender-swapped fictional character that isn't really gender-swapped is somehow conveying virtue.
To quote a smarter man than I am,

Comfort Eagle said:

Yes, because not losing my shit over a joke, a fan service scene, or *gasp* a gender-swapped fictional character that isn't really gender-swapped is somehow conveying virtue.
To quote a smarter man than I am,

I didn't make that argument. Emma did. I was providing context for my response to her. I suppose you didn't notice my phrasing.

I didn't make that argument. Emma did. I was providing context for my response to her. I suppose you didn't notice my phrasing.

I did. I'm providing context to your provided context.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back