• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Clip/content Production for Beginners

CageTigerShark

TMF Poster
Intended for all amateur and professional clip/content producers:

What’s the best way to get started in the business? Ways to advertise? Big/important things that I should be aware of and watch out for.

Thanks in advance.

1. Treat it as an expensive hobby at first. You might turn profit, but probably not for a while. Know this going in before; if you find out weeks into your project, you'll likely become demoralized and quit.

2. Do not, under any circumstances, try and recruit models by pretending it's not fetish content. You can tell them it's not nude, you can tell them they won't need to get naked, but they need to understand what they're doing. None of this "It's just a silly little thing I do for no specific reason" thing people seem convinced works. In the offchance it does at first, people will eventually wise up to what you're shooting and feel violated that they were effectively tricked into modeling for beat-off videos. Many, many people will willing make foot and tickle fetish videos if you're just not a total freak about it. If you're not confident in your ability to pitch that, brush up on your salesmanship. Initial fumbling is going to be nothing compared to the trouble you'll find yourself when confronted with people who know what you're up to as you're lying about "some silly art thing" or "a reflexology project for school".

3. Your initial instincts are going to say "What do you guys want to see", so you can film what will be popular. Don't actually do this. Everyone will ask you for the same things; Girls Next Door, "REAL reactions!", sometimes they're going wish for more restrictive bondage you might not necessarily know how to do yet. You're now going into filming with a laundry list of other peoples ideas instead of things you think will look good, or what you are able to pull off. Not unlike point #1, if you're going in with a To Do list and then can't do it, you've demoralized yourself. Don't add unnecessary stress to a project you're not even familiar with outside of being a viewer. Work within your abilities at first until you get a feel for what you're doing and then branch out.

4. Equipment matters less and less these days. Whereas "filming a video on your phone" was once a genuine criticism, if you have an even halfway modern smartphone, you can probably pull genuinely quality videos off of it. One thing you are going to want to invest in, though, is lights. Even the best quality, $1000+ iPhone can't record worth a shit if the room is dark. If you're going to spend a dime on equipment for this, I'd actually point you towards studio lighting before any high quality camera. A decade old DSLR or handycam is going to work leagues better with proper lighting than a top tier cinema camera can with bad or no lighting. At $200 something like this might be more than you were expecting to pay for a "non essential" piece of tickle video equipment starting off. I'd argue something like that is probably the most important thing to have at your disposal, outside of any form of video recording to begin with.

5. Just don't be a fucking freak about it. This might be a retread of #2, but it's a big one. You're going to find a lot of people are more willing to shoot a tickle video than you initially expected... if you're not a fucking weirdo about it.

Great advice. If I ever win big money or finally get a very well paying job I may try it myself.

Comfort provides some great points. However, filming exclusively with phones can close a lot of doors at least with industry talent. It’s seen - rightly or wrongly - as unprofessional in my experience.

DO NOT HOLD yourself out as a producer and then behave like a session guy/fan.

The talent (regardless of amateur or professional) should ALWAYs be respected. Their safety/comfort overrides your content desires always.

Do not book talent (assuming it’s a paid shoot) unless you know you can pay them in all situations (especially if you need to cancel the shoot), assuming they do not cancel.

Accept and respect the “no”. Just because talent X shot with tickle producer Y, doesn’t mean they must or want to shoot with you.

Your reputation is everything, assume your communication will be posted on the front page of every social media platform, and act accordingly. This includes your actions throughout the booking/shooting process.

I can go on, but I’ll stop here.

1. Treat it as an expensive hobby at first. You might turn profit, but probably not for a while. Know this going in before; if you find out weeks into your project, you'll likely become demoralized and quit.

2. Do not, under any circumstances, try and recruit models by pretending it's not fetish content. You can tell them it's not nude, you can tell them they won't need to get naked, but they need to understand what they're doing. None of this "It's just a silly little thing I do for no specific reason" thing people seem convinced works. In the offchance it does at first, people will eventually wise up to what you're shooting and feel violated that they were effectively tricked into modeling for beat-off videos. Many, many people will willing make foot and tickle fetish videos if you're just not a total freak about it. If you're not confident in your ability to pitch that, brush up on your salesmanship. Initial fumbling is going to be nothing compared to the trouble you'll find yourself when confronted with people who know what you're up to as you're lying about "some silly art thing" or "a reflexology project for school".

3. Your initial instincts are going to say "What do you guys want to see", so you can film what will be popular. Don't actually do this. Everyone will ask you for the same things; Girls Next Door, "REAL reactions!", sometimes they're going wish for more restrictive bondage you might not necessarily know how to do yet. You're now going into filming with a laundry list of other peoples ideas instead of things you think will look good, or what you are able to pull off. Not unlike point #1, if you're going in with a To Do list and then can't do it, you've demoralized yourself. Don't add unnecessary stress to a project you're not even familiar with outside of being a viewer. Work within your abilities at first until you get a feel for what you're doing and then branch out.

4. Equipment matters less and less these days. Whereas "filming a video on your phone" was once a genuine criticism, if you have an even halfway modern smartphone, you can probably pull genuinely quality videos off of it. One thing you are going to want to invest in, though, is lights. Even the best quality, $1000+ iPhone can't record worth a shit if the room is dark. If you're going to spend a dime on equipment for this, I'd actually point you towards studio lighting before any high quality camera. A decade old DSLR or handycam is going to work leagues better with proper lighting than a top tier cinema camera can with bad or no lighting. At $200 something like this might be more than you were expecting to pay for a "non essential" piece of tickle video equipment starting off. I'd argue something like that is probably the most important thing to have at your disposal, outside of any form of video recording to begin with.

5. Just don't be a fucking freak about it. This might be a retread of #2, but it's a big one. You're going to find a lot of people are more willing to shoot a tickle video than you initially expected... if you're not a fucking weirdo about it.

This response was so helpful, dude. Thank you so much!

Comfort provides some great points. However, filming exclusively with phones can close a lot of doors at least with industry talent. It’s seen - rightly or wrongly - as unprofessional in my experience.

DO NOT HOLD yourself out as a producer and then behave like a session guy/fan.

The talent (regardless of amateur or professional) should ALWAYs be respected. Their safety/comfort overrides your content desires always.

Do not book talent (assuming it’s a paid shoot) unless you know you can pay them in all situations (especially if you need to cancel the shoot), assuming they do not cancel.

Accept and respect the “no”. Just because talent X shot with tickle producer Y, doesn’t mean they must or want to shoot with you.

Your reputation is everything, assume your communication will be posted on the front page of every social media platform, and act accordingly. This includes your actions throughout the booking/shooting process.

I can go on, but I’ll stop here.

This was helpful, too. Thank you

I’d add on the heels of Josephine’s comment that you must approach it like a business and market your ass off. My highest expense by miles is talent. You pay up front, and hope that your clip sales recoup your investment.

One way to attempt to “ensure profitability” of a booking is through customs. However, you need to market and coordinate with talent in order to have the best probability of those orders.

Then you need to hope you can deliver on that custom and that the model can show up When the time comes.if they can’t and you collected some or all of the fee upfront, you’d then most likely refund the customer.

If you do pre-made only - which is where I’m at currently - it makes things harder to gauge. Either way marketing and delivery ing a good product are essential just like any business.

Very few producers can make a living doing this, but it isn’t impossible. Consistency, a stellar reputation, and continuous improving increase one’s odds. Just like vanilla entrepreneurial endeavors , it usually takes years to get to profitability if it every happens at all.

My store damn sure isn’t profitable at the moment - it’s a little over 2 years old. In 2 to 3 years, I hope it will be.

Last edited:
Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back