• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Wearing shoes in the house

Cosmo_ac

4th Level Blue Feather
This is just a general question, but do you wear shoes in the house. For some reason (blame it on TV i'm sure) I got the feeling that wearing shoes in the house was something of an American thing. Probably because I watched a lot of American TV shows growing up, and let's face it, in most TV shows, you don't have people take the time to take off their shoes when entering somebody's home. So, i'm just curious, is it common to wear shoes into a residence in your area, and where are you from?

Oh, and to answer the question myself, I am from Ontario Canada (it's a big province so there might be regional differences) and wearing shoes in the house is not common in my experience. I wear slippers in my residence, but that is more choice than common practice, I believe.

To further add to that though, I did spend some time in China, and it seemed that slippers were commonly used by people when in their own home and given to guests.

I live in NYC. I take my shoes off whenever I get home.
It is very rare for somebody to ask me to remove my shoes when I enter their home.

i wear socks all the time in the house, but not shoes.

I wear shoes in my home. I have to wear orthotics or I have back, foot, & knee issues. So if I’m moving around, shoes are on.

I never wear shoes in my apartment.

Unless it's very cold, I'm mostly barefoot.

In very cold weather, I will put on socks because I have hard wood floors and they are cold on my feet in cold weather.

I normally wear socks when I am at home. Very rarely do I ever wear shoes in my house, unless I am planning to go in and out of it (for example: working outside or bringing groceries in).

Slippers is as close as I get.

I’m with the OP, I’ve noticed that people on television shows more often than not wear shoes in the house. I get it’s for continuity and the like, but I don’t know anyone who wears formal shoes in the house. Why would you?

Cheers, everybody,
SmashTV

I do not allow shoes in the house with my kids. Have to bend the knee to guests

In the winter I have shoes during the day and fluffy wool slippers during the evening. In the summer I'm barefoot

From the Netherlands - Europe

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back