• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Dry Oil, Gas, No Gas, Show, No Show, Waste, No Waste?

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
When Ross , Fritz and Steve got to the field, the foreman was there to meet them just by himself.

"Guys, I'm sorry to have to tell you this. The fields that we thought were going to create the showcase for the current show, turned out to be dry, due to an incorrect geology report. We've been drilling around and around trying to find a place, or places, that there is actually oil and or gas. Since as you all know we split up the deals into field by field or section by section deals,. there may not be reason or purpose for us to discuss or set up a show. " The foreman said.

Fritz sighed. "Its okay. Things like this happen in energy fields, Charlie. We know that this is not your fault, or the geologists. Before we set up this show, we knew that this area was not filled with energy source anyway. It would have been smal to medium sized at best. Ross. the thing I'm thinking is.. I dont want to have called you all the way down here for nothing, but, I dont want you sitting around, wasting time when you have so much to do in New York" Fritz said.

"Its okay, guys. No one's fault. I look at this as something like if I bought a company that went bad, or released a product that did not work as well as I or my staff or partners would have liked. How about this. I told Kayley I may not be home until Friday anyway. I stay until Wednesday. We see if we can find something even quick by then , like an area where there is product. Then, even if we do .. one show for five to ten people, we come out here, or do a virtual show from the office. Even if we sign up,.. one or two people, it is something. Charlie. Let;'s all go out to a steak lunch just to talk, and then the guys and I will go back into OKC" Ross said.

"Thanks, Ross. I'm pretty sure that somewhere, I can find a demo spot of oil or gas. I will call you guys by bed time tonight, and we will talk" Charlie said.

Ross smiled. "Just fine, Charlie"

The men went to a burger/steakhouse for lunch, and then back into OKC for dinner.

"Guys, I have an idea. If there is a problem here, or any hint that there may be a delay, we have plenty of capped wells in North Texas that we have not touched, like the ones around Lubbock. How about next time, two to four weeks, whatever, we set up a show in Lubbock, and all meet down there. If we really start making money, we can rent a small one room office with a reception area where we all work, and have one secretary to oversee things. Its close enough where Steve and I can fly down there often. This might be a way to remedy this. Then, we can cap everything around OKC for a while, offer the crews jobs with us in Lubbock, and if they dont want to take them, refer them to our other friends in the energy business, so we can get them a job" Fritz said.

Ross smiled again. "Mister P, now I know why I like you, sir. You are such a Gentleman. "

Ross went back to the hotel, showered, and called Kayley.

"Your voice does not sound right. What happened?" Kayley said.

"Well, our little party here in OKC may be on long term hold or halted for good. Charlie the foreman and all of us will have to likely cancel this week's shows when Charlie ran into a bunch of dry holes. Even if that happens, we can cap the OKC area wells, and as you know, we have all the unopened ones around Lubbock. So, we start drilling there, and when all is set, we do shows there. Even if there is a hiatus for a bit, it wont be long, maybe three months maximum. Until then, I can stay home, we can drive each other crazy in every way, and I can play around with RossShell, Tim and other companies in New York" Ross said.

"You sound okay with it" Kayley said.

"Kale, after more than twenty five years in business. What am I going to do, drive myself crazy? Its like a company I own running out of product, or a sales projection being wrong or completely tapping out.
I will be home by Wednesday at latest, tomorrow night if we cant figure this out" Ross said.

"Okay, glad you're calm. Take care of yourself, and have a good night" Kayley said.

"You too, teacher" Ross said.

The next morning.. Fritz called Ross. "Good news. It will cost us more, but Charlie found a mega fast crew that we will have to pay a premium for, but will open up the Lubbock area fields within a month. Until then, we just keep the investors who were going to invest in this field for the next deal in Lubbock, or spend this month finding new people" Fritz said.

Then Fritz continued. "Go home this afternoon. No reason to stay here. You will be back within a month, maybe less"

"Okay, sir. Let me get a flight, and we will keep in touch. I will call you tomorrow from New York" Ross replied.

"Just fine, safe trip" Fritz said.

Ross made a noon flight to JFK from OKC, which would land about five, and texted that info to Kayley.

Aside from two long plane flights within 36 hours, and a couple of meetings, Ross had a rather uneventful two days besides the disappointment of the OKC area wells being dried up for the time being. Yet, those would be replaced by the unexplored fields near Lubbock that had much product, and now would be opened.

When Ross's plane landed at JFK, he went into an Uber.

In the heavy traffic headed home from JFK to the apartment, Ross got more negative news.

What would that news be?

That would be seen.

Nothing is certain in the oil and gas business, so this turn of events isn't shocking. Ross is bearing the bad news with considerable equanimity.

More bad news sounds quite unwelcome.

Ross has no choice but to bear the news with an equal attitude.

I dont know what the next bad news will be, or when the next story will be. As my blog states, I got terrible news in real life yesterday. The next story may not go up for a few days, while I clear my head

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back