• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What is Role Play, or RP in the chatroom?

Lee Ishler

TMF Expert
I noticed people in the chatroom here are always direct messaging each other, saying they are up for RP. How is that done? Do you discuss descriptive scenarios, like in a tickling story, or, is it more just a lot of tickling talk, like people saying, "Ha ha ha ha!!!" or "Kitchy Kitchy Coo!!" I'm very curious about it, and I'd like to try it, but I kinda want to know what to expect first. Thanks!

It can be different things for different people. Usually it involves the people involved pretending that they are in the same place and are able to engage in tickling, and pretend it is actually happening. Some people prefer to use characters, some people prefer to be themself. Sometimes people like to pretend to be multiple people. It can be a whole thought out story, or it can be spur of the moment. A lot of it depends on who you are doing it with, but what is usually always true as far as the TMF chat room is RP involves someone pretending to tickle someone else, but kinda act as if it is really happening. Usually a ler would describe what they are doing, and a lee would describe how they react to that, with all parties involved sorta pretending that it is actually happening.

It can be different things for different people. Usually it involves the people involved pretending that they are in the same place and are able to engage in tickling, and pretend it is actually happening. Some people prefer to use characters, some people prefer to be themself. Sometimes people like to pretend to be multiple people. It can be a whole thought out story, or it can be spur of the moment. A lot of it depends on who you are doing it with, but what is usually always true as far as the TMF chat room is RP involves someone pretending to tickle someone else, but kinda act as if it is really happening. Usually a ler would describe what they are doing, and a lee would describe how they react to that, with all parties involved sorta pretending that it is actually happening.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought. I did try it with one person, but that was a bit difficult because I was asked to describe a scenario, a thought out story, but I'm more a spontaneous person. But I can always think of a scenario beforehand, so I have one ready if that's what they want.

Generally it involves two beautiful ticklish cheerleaders who meet online and have a wonderfully hot lesbianic cyberchat with one another.

IRL both are overweight, balding fiftysomething truck drivers, separated by thousands of miles, both of whom are unmarriageable virgins and still live in their respective moms' basement.

Generally it involves two beautiful ticklish cheerleaders who meet online and have a wonderfully hot lesbianic cyberchat with one another.

IRL both are overweight, balding fiftysomething truck drivers, separated by thousands of miles, both of whom are unmarriageable virgins and still live in their respective moms' basement.

Well, I figured that much! I have been in chat on and off over the years, and the vast majority of DM's I get are from guys. What I have picked up on is that a lot of what goes on there is f/f, and done by females, or maybe like you say, are pretending to be. But it's still nice to go in there, just to shoot the breeze. I found it's best to do that and get to know everyone first. The RP may happen at a later point, once I have a better idea of who I'm dealing with.

Last edited:

Not sure if you're joking or not here. If so, cool.

If not, why do you feel this way?

Last edited:
I noticed people in the chatroom here are always direct messaging each other, saying they are up for RP. How is that done? Do you discuss descriptive scenarios, like in a tickling story, or, is it more just a lot of tickling talk, like people saying, "Ha ha ha ha!!!" or "Kitchy Kitchy Coo!!" I'm very curious about it, and I'd like to try it, but I kinda want to know what to expect first. Thanks!

To answer your question, Secretlee does a pretty good job of pointing out that to different people, it's different things. Some people simply play out as themselves through the chat, others take on persona's and use those. Some people make them very simple, while others can spend hours making complex worlds, characters, and stories. The nice thing about role play, if it's something that appeals to you, is that you're only limited by your imagination and comfort levels. For some, it's the only outlet they have for any number of reasons, some of their own choosing, some which aren't. There's a reason MMO is a mult-billion dollar industry, and IMO, that's because people love to roleplay. Obviously, the chat room is a much more simplified medium, but for some it follows the same principles.

To answer your question, Secretlee does a pretty good job of pointing out that to different people, it's different things. Some people simply play out as themselves through the chat, others take on persona's and use those. Some people make them very simple, while others can spend hours making complex worlds, characters, and stories. The nice thing about role play, if it's something that appeals to you, is that you're only limited by your imagination and comfort levels. For some, it's the only outlet they have for any number of reasons, some of their own choosing, some which aren't. There's a reason MMO is a mult-billion dollar industry, and IMO, that's because people love to roleplay. Obviously, the chat room is a much more simplified medium, but for some it follows the same principles.

Thanks for explaining that. I can relate to it being the only outlet, because with this kind of thing it's hard to find people IRL who want to do it, and even if you do it's likely to involve a lot of traveling. I did try role play with 2 or 3 people in chat, but was unsuccessful, I think because they were looking for elaborate scenarios which was kind of hard for me to think of, not to mention all the typing involved. It's a lot easier for me just to start right in, and as myself. Also it seems some are slow to respond, I'd be waiting almost a minute to get a response to a comment. So I think it's a matter of finding the right person, someone you click with, just like anything else. Like you say, some make it very simple, so that's probably the kind of role player I need to find. By the way, I looked up what MMO means, and no, I never did that, but it does sound like it would be interesting, especially with video and sound.

Last edited:
Not sure if you're joking or not here. If so, cool.

If not, why do you feel this way?

Because roleplay is acting, acting isn't real, (joined Canadian Actors' Equity in 1978, then British Equity in 1984, and American Equity in 2013 as I moved to other countries seeking my fortune so I know whereof I speak) and time spent having cybersex (i.e. merely letters on a screen) in any permutation is time that could have been spent risking everything that needs to be risked to get out there find an actual, live someone to be with.

If you can't find someone in your daily life, than videochat with a view to meeting- at least you'll have a far better idea of who they are instead of who they say they are.

Because roleplay is acting, acting isn't real, (joined Canadian Actors' Equity in 1978, then British Equity in 1984, and American Equity in 2013 as I moved to other countries seeking my fortune so I know whereof I speak) and time spent having cybersex (i.e. merely letters on a screen) in any permutation is time that could have been spent risking everything that needs to be risked to get out there find an actual, live someone to be with.

If you can't find someone in your daily life, than videochat with a view to meeting- at least you'll have a far better idea of who they are instead of who they say they are.

That's exactly what I was thinking, video chat would definitely be the best thing, and with a view to meeting, because with that at least you know who, and what, you're dealing with. I have Skyped with several I met back when I was in Facebook, just friends I met there, nothing to do with tickling, and I was OK with it. So if I was able to meet people there to do it with, there's always the same possibility it can happen here.

You do understand though that role playing, and not actively seeking out a person in real life as a play partner are two different things though, correct? Neither is mutually exclusive.

It's when a lonely, pathetic man is chatting with another lonely, pathetic man pretending to be a woman...quite sad really.

You do understand though that role playing, and not actively seeking out a person in real life as a play partner are two different things though, correct? Neither is mutually exclusive.

No, and I hate to harp on the subject, but it's all too easy, as one poor fellow on here found out, to be catfished endlessly, and that by a Wels. (from wikipedia: The largest accurate weight [for a wels catfish was 144 kg (317 lb) for a 2.78 m (9 ft 1 in) long specimen from the Po Delta in Italy)

In this unfortunate case, a fellow had been chatting endlessly online with someone who had many interesting excuses for not videochatting, although he was still rhapsodising about her. Finally, in response to a query I'd sent him via PM, he sent me a picture she's sent him. My wife, at that time an alternative model, recognised it as someone with whom she'd shot for a gothic clothing catalogue- all the info he knew about her (where she lived, age, etc.) was wrong, and anyway my wife knew this particular woman was very happily married.

Finding companionship via endless letters on a screen is absolutely pointless.

Real life ain't easy, but at least it's real life.

Get out there, gentlemen. Would you rather be hurt by a real woman's rejection, or comforted by a male basement-dweller pretending to be your wildest fantasy?

Take the risk, because sometimes you may well succeed.

No, and I hate to harp on the subject, but it's all too easy, as one poor fellow on here found out, to be catfished endlessly, and that by a Wels. (from wikipedia: The largest accurate weight [for a wels catfish was 144 kg (317 lb) for a 2.78 m (9 ft 1 in) long specimen from the Po Delta in Italy)

In this unfortunate case, a fellow had been chatting endlessly online with someone who had many interesting excuses for not videochatting, although he was still rhapsodising about her. Finally, in response to a query I'd sent him via PM, he sent me a picture she's sent him. My wife, at that time an alternative model, recognised it as someone with whom she'd shot for a gothic clothing catalogue- all the info he knew about her (where she lived, age, etc.) was wrong, and anyway my wife knew this particular woman was very happily married.

Get out there, gentlemen. Would you rather be hurt by a real woman's rejection, or comforted by a male basement-dweller pretending to be your wildest fantasy?

I agree. Like you say, if I can't find someone in real life, then video chat with a view to meeting is the best bet, even talking on the phone would be a good start. If I'm rejected, there is always someone else to who may not reject me. I'd rather have nothing than chat with a male basement dweller.

It's when a lonely, pathetic man is chatting with another lonely, pathetic man pretending to be a woman...quite sad really.

What makes you think this?

What makes you think this?

Well, I am obviously completely wrong, unlike some.

Accordingly, I shall admit defeat, apologise for talking such nonsense, and forever absent myself from this discussion.

Once again, you do understand that role playing, and actively looking for a real life partner are two different things, correct? In the case your using as an example, this person was trying to create a relationship online, and they ended up being tricked by this person. It's two different things.

That said, for the record, I do actually agree with you that a person should get out there and actively look for a partner, if that is what they want. Life isn't easy, but if you don't put effort in, you're likely not going to get anything back. You have to be willing to put yourself out there, and one of the best ways to find a play partner, is to actually look for a SO who you can enjoy things with.

If you are looking to role play in a sexual manner chances are you aren’t doing very well in the realm of the real dating/hook up world.

So, how many times have you read a book? Fictional, I mean.

If you are looking to role play in a sexual manner chances are you aren’t doing very well in the realm of the real dating/hook up world.

Roleplay (IRL and online) is a valuable component to a real-life, in person sexual relationship.
I'd try to explain it to you, but I don't think there's a common frame of reference.

Last edited:
I don't have much of an online presence and don't particularly enjoy talking to people online enough to ever consider roleplaying. But honestly, I don't believe that people who choose to roleplay deserves this derogation.

If two people enjoy sharing sexual feelings online, that's their business. Of all the toxic sentiments that are spread online like actual sexual harassment, racism and political drivel, people sharing eroticism and sexual feelings online and in private should be the LEAST of anybody's worries. Like anything between consenting adults, this is something that's hurting no one and is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

So why don't some of you practice the tolerance that this so called open minded sexual community supposedly promotes and treat others how you'd like to be treated by others in regard to your personal sex life? With acceptance, NOT contrived judgement of you as a person, or blind antagonizing stereotypes.

Some people, enjoy flirting in text with their spouse. Many people, sometimes unbeknownst to their spouse, like flirting and romance with people who aren't even their spouse. So, it's NOT something that people in modern society don't enjoy.

Creating a double standard with groups who do it, deeming it creative fun for some and shameful for others is disgustingly hypocritical.

On top of this, the popularity of sites like Instagram and Twitter stem from an opportunity to be loved by strangers. Many people on those sites DO have significant others, spouses and families, but turn to social media to have a feeling of affirmation, importance and love that they otherwise don't feel from their social circle, or society. And studies show that the MOST affected group of people dependent on social media are in fact WOMEN.

So the appeal of online admiration and people getting off to sexting is NOT as contained to lone men as you say Libertine.

Either way, guess what? Some single men ENJOY flirting with each other in text. AND YOU KNOW WHAT? That's fine. And it's none of your business.

If you really want to shame that, then you're maybe YOU'RE in the wrong.

Libertine, if you personally have something against people sexting anonymously just because some of them waste people's time or take away the illusion of the fun or safety in sexting, that's just the nature of the beast of socializing on the internet. Whether you're talking, gaming, dating, or doing business, there's always catfish.

It sucks that some people have bad experiences, some more severe than others. But it's highly uncalled for to generalize and lash out at ALL people who choose to do things online. And I'm pretty sure that it isn't protected by the rules of the forum for good reason.*

In regard to getting catfished online, this is the world we live in now. We're all adults and have to use computers. We have to learn to make the right decisions about who we make financial or emotional investments with. Whether in real life or online, who you open up to can be dangerous.

While the internet is helpful, there is concern these days about how people use it and whether or not how most people use it has good effect on one's mental health. But if people just want to have fun online and are enjoying it, then the only concern left is that it's everyone's responsibility to enjoy WHATEVER relationship they have in life with caution and a healthy amount of expectation. Even in good relationships, there's always some hurt you're opening yourself to.

Libertine, from what I've noticed here, you usually don't go on negative tangents like this. But the time that you spent slandering a group whose practices differ from yours might have been the same amount of time that someone in that forum just spent having fun with someone.

Who would you say is using their precious time more wisely? A person enjoying an interaction or the one passing criticism and condemnation?

Who would you say is using their precious time more wisely? A person enjoying an interaction or the one passing criticism and condemnation?

Neither.

The person using time in the wisest fashion is the one either having a very honest explanatory chat with a significant other to clear the air, or the one who is actually seeking an actual IRL partner by whatever ethical means are necessary.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back