• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Dan Snyder is finally selling

BBGuy5240

3rd Level Orange Feather
The Redskins, the Washington Football Team, the Commanders, whatever you want to call them, are very close to being under new ownership.

Dan Snyder has reportedly agreed with businessman Josh Harris in principal to a deal that would give Harris ownership of the team for $6 Billion. Harris' team also includes businessman Mitchell Rales, and NBA legend Magic Johnson. Nothing has been signed or sent to the league yet, but this is looking like a done deal.

As a fan of this team since 1999, I could not be happier.

How bad has it been? Here's what I've seen during the seasons with Dan Snyder as owner (1999-2022):

I've seen 8 head coaches. Norv Turner, Marty Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier, Joe Gibbs, Jim Zorn, Mike Shanahan, Jay Gruden, Ron Rivera. And it goes up to 10 head coaches if you include interims who took over because the head coach got fired mid-season. Terry Robiskie (2000), Bill Callahan (2019).

I've seen 27 different starting quarterbacks. And that's not a typo. 27. I can list all of them.

Brad Johnson, Jeff George, Tony Banks, Shane Matthews, Danny Wuerffel, Patrick Ramsey, Tim Hasslebeck, Mark Brunell, Jason Campbell, Todd Collins, Donavan McNabb, Rex Grossman, John Beck, Robert Griffin III, Kirk Cousins, Colt McCoy, Alex Smith, Mark Sanchez, Josh Johnson, Case Keenum, Dwayne Haskins, Kyle Allen, Taylor Heinicke, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Garrett Gilbert, Carson Wentz, Sam Howell.

I've seen countless big-name players who were either up in age or didn't fit into what the team was trying to get brought in on massive over the top deals. Seriously, if you look up any 'Top 10 Worst NFL Free Agent Signings' list, you are guaranteed to see at least 2-3 Dan Snyder moves on it. And if the list is longer, you'll probably see at least five Snyder moves.

I've seen more team names (3) than playoff wins (2). The number of playoff wins I've seen during the past 24 years, I've watched my neighbors to the North, The Baltimore Ravens, win that many Superbowls.

I've seen FedexField become one of if not the worst stadium in the league. Sewer pipes bursting and spraying fans, and guard rails falling down onto players.

I've also seen the near-complete erosion of an entire fan base. And the erosion began before the name change. Synder honestly killed the name long before he actually changed it. It's why when it was announced that the name was gonna be changed, I didn't really care. In 2000, Washington ranked 1st in league attendance. This past season, 32nd. Dead last.

And it's one thing to just be bad when it comes to on the field. But off-the field has be just as if not more dreadful. If you've been following the NFL, you know about everything that's come out over the last 2-3 years regarding how Dan Snyder conducted himself as owner.

Time will tell what the future actually looks like under new ownership, but right now this is a day to celebrate.

5/12/23: A day that will go down in DC sports history. The day that ink was actually put to paper. The league still has to vote on it, but you don't get to this point if the league wasn't on board with it. The nightmare is finally over.

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back