• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

New York Call, Oklahoma Dealing, And, Long. Or Brief?

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
Ross looked at his phone, and said to Steve. "Steve, let me answer this, and then I'm all yours"

Steve nodded.

"Yes, Vic?" Ross said.

"I'm sorry to bother you, Ross. I know you're busy. Another new guy who said he has a "potentially big account is calling the office, insisting he speak to you directly" Vic said.,

"Vic, anyone who calls, from a one day project, to the biggest account in the world, please just take any messages if they want to talk to me. I need to focus on things down here. When I get home, I will go through the messages, and figure out what to do" Ross said calmly

"We will do, Ross. See you when you get home" Vic said.

"Thanks, Vic. I will call in every day as I always do when I'm here. You will hear from me in the morning" Ross said.

"Okay, Ross, have a good day" Vic said, hanging up.

Ross sighed. "Sorry, Steve. Let me just get an iced tea, and then I'm all yours" Ross said, reaching into the fridge for an iced tea, and sitting down

Ross sat, and looked at Steve. "I'm all ears, Steven, please tell me all info you have" Ross said.

"Well, Its the usual. A company in trouble with three offices in the South West, OKC, Dallas, and we think, Houston, has fallen into difficulty with not updating its reserves and buying new fields. Thus, we figure, its three "medium sized companies. I would say a total of 100 to 250 mil. I think we need to talk to these people" Steve said.

Fritz appeared in the office. "Good afternoon, Ross, my good friend and partner. Steven, I know that Ross literally just entered this office less than five minutes ago. Are you already on him about that potential "three company supposed bonanza" of yours?" Fritz asked, almost sarcastically.

"Mister P, Ross is still one third owner of this company, sir. I am merely passing on information" Steve said calmly.

Fritz sighed. "I for one am not comfortable with discussing anything until we meet these people face to face. Ross, what would you think if you stayed until Friday night? We do three shows, chop off one, and you are home before midnight on Friday so that Miss Kayley wont hand you your head?" Fritz asked.

"Kayley is fine, Mister P. She understands that my trips here may be a day longer at times. With my changing RossShell so much to benefit my health, staying a day longer if I have to is not an issue" Ross said.

Fritz grinned. "Okay, then. I know that we said we were not going to do any field shows. I want a straight question, partner Ross. How do you feel?" Fritz asked.

"Let;'s compromise just to approach things slowly. I feel fine now.. So... how about one show of however many people tomorrow, we meet these people Thursday, and then Friday we see. We tentatively plan a show., If I can do a field show, fine. If not, we can try to do a Zoom show. Or, if I'm really bad, I go home Friday, and either you guys do it alone, or we put it off until I see what the lay of the land is with Fish when I get back to New York. How does that sound?" Ross asked.

Fritz grinned again. "Sounds just fine, partner"

Before getting down to office business, Steve organized a show of 100 investors for the next day. Then, the men contacted the people about the other company, and arranged a meeting at noon Thursday at their office in OKC. Friday was left open.

As the men got into discussion and search , Steve then said, "So, do we call JF (John Fish) so that we can all get into it.. or?" Steve asked

"Ross just got here. He changed his life so that he can have some peace. Let's have a nice, quiet day. We will call JF once while Ross is here, but let's do other more productive things first" Fritz said sarcastically as the men laughed.

Ross, Fritz and Steve spent the rest of that afternoon , looking for either single reserves, or small companies in trouble. They took down information, and agreed they would inquire during Ross;'s trip, even if it meant contacting them when Ross was home in New York.

Ross hit his cell phone to call Kayley around 5 before they all went to dinner. "How was your day, Mam?" Ross asked.

"Oh, fine. the usual detentions handed out. How are you feeling?" Kayley asked.

"I'm great. We are working. I will be home definitely by Friday night, maybe Thursday. I resolved to call the office only one time a day, and I told Victor to take down any messages, and not to call me unless its urgent. Remember, I cant obsess about two things at once" Ross said.

"Good businessman. Say hello to Steve and Mister P for me, and have a nice trip. Talk tomorrow" Kayley said, blowing Ross a kiss through the phone.

"The teacher says hi to you guys" Ross said.

"What a wonderful lady. Just think. Your new business perspective will benefit everyone, including yourself" Fritz said.

"I know it will, Mister P" Ross said.

Ross, Fritz, and Steve went out to dinner at steak and BBQ chicken place. The men ate, said goodbye, and agreed to meet at 7 am at Ross's hotel, for a field show.

Ross and the nurse, Florence, checked into the hotel, and then went to Ross's suite.

"Florence, you should have everything you need. You are a very nice lady, but I hope to give you a quiet night. I;'m just tired from the trip, and just want to rest and sleep." Ross said.

"I hope so, Ross. If you need me, just call , text, or yell anytime" Florence said.

"Thank You. I hope not to have to" Ross said.

Ross popped his meds, and passed out. He had an unsuually good nine hours sleep.

The next morning, the alarm went off at 5. Ross ordered breakfast for himself and Florence, and she was up and getting dressed at 530.

Steve and Fritz came at 7, with good news.

"Surprise! We got two hundred to two hundred and fifty people. If we do this, and a decent amount sign up, we wont do a second show. We will just meet those people about the company, and then maybe you should get out of here tomorrow night or Thursday morning. We know that you fought it to come here, and that you have a lot going on up in NY. " Steve said.

"Steve, New York is not a worry anymore. Even if I went home tomorrow night, I would not get home until overnight or early Thursday morning, would stay home Thursday, and might or might not go in Friday anyway. I stay as long as need be, here. Such is why I set things up at RossShell as I did" Ross said.

"Okkaaay. Let;'s see how the show goes first" Steve said, as Ross nodded.

When they got to the field, the foreman started talking to what turned out to be three hundred people, then Steve took over. The investors were impressed. RFS got "one hundred guarantee, and another fifty "probably"

All in all, a good day.

Ross, Steve and Fritz headed back to the office around mid afternoon, to receive a "choppy message" from Fish.

Steve picked up his private office phone. "Steven, this is John. I know what and where you are , and who you are with. When you get this, please call me" John said.

Steve's face faded from a smile to .. a frown.

Ross looked at Steve. "Uh Oh, let me guess who that was? None other than our good buddy JF?" Ross said.

"Let's have some fun and call him back" Steve said.

Steve hit the conference call button, and John answered. "We're here, Johnathan. We were at the field at a show" Steve said.

"Hope it went well. The reason I'm calling is, someone offered me either a field or company in Montreal. This person sounds.. strange. Even though RFS and RFS Toronto are two separate companies, I did not feel comfortable, . I think this may need the Ross touch, or even , our good buddy Tom from Philadelphia" John said.

"Johnathan, we would not involve Tom unless we buy the thing. Why dont we do this? Call the person back. Tell them that your other partner who they need to speak to is out of town. Tell them to send all info to the office in OKC. If we like, I will call. If not, we pass. As you know, we have that one potential company buyup tomorrow. Maybe I can delay this until I get back to New York on Monday. If not, then the four of us get on a confereence call with these people while I'm here, talk, and if we like it, start negotiating, but dont make a final offer until I get home" Ross said.

"That's why I love you so much, Ross. The old touch you have" John said.

"That is why you guys and I work so well. I have made so many deals and dealt with so many sharks in my years owning RossShell, that I can bring said experience into our little business here" Ross said.

"Okay, will make the contact and keep you guys posted" John said.

"We have already had such a fun trip. A decent field show, and a nice convo with John. Now we just listen about the potential company, and all will be fine" Ross said.

When Ross went to get another iced tea, his neck "barked again" and he grimaced.

"Okay, partner. I saw that. I may not know you as well as Miss Kayley does, but I know that you pushed yourself to come here. No offense, as we love your company and your deal making and your partnership, but please good sir, we will have the meeting about the company tomorrow,. and then please get on a plane home. We have accomplished what we set out to do. A decent investor pool today, the meeting tomorrow, and either we buy or we pass. I would appreciate if you were really careful, just like you're being when it comes to your work at the other company you own. You can always come back in a couple of weeks" Fritz said.

Ross sighed. "Yes, sir. and I know you are right. My neck does bark some. I was hoping to stay, but I know that one show, and whatever happens with the company we meet about tomorrow is enough. I am sure it will go away. In the meantime, I will be careful" Ross said.

Fritz grinned. "Thank You, Partner"

Ross, Fritz, Steve, and Florence all had dinner, and then Ross and Florence went back to the hotel. Ross called Kayley.

"I will be home tomorrow night as soon as we have this meeting on this company. Fritz sees how my neck hurts, and we agreed that I will be cautious and come home. The meeting is important,, any field shows are routine, and can be done via Zoom or postponed a month" Ross said.

"Good man. I will see you tomorrow night then" Kayley said.

"I will text and let you know when" Ross said.

"We will do, sweet dreams" Kayley said.

"You too" Ross said.

That night, in spite of ice packs, and pain meds, Ross was in pain. He did not wake Florence because there really was nothng she could do.

Ross and Florence had breakfast, and went to the office.

Everyone was wearing suits that day because of the meeting with a new client. Ross had his tie loose with the top shirt button open.

Ross had worn a tie once the week before for the meeting with the new client, but otherwise, he wore ties almost never in OKC, and very rarely in New York. This was one exception that made it needed.

At 11, Ross, Fritz, Steve and Florence went to the other company's office.

Ross, Fritz and Steve went inside the office with the company's owners, while Florence sat in the outer waiting area.

After exchanging, "pleasantries, " the men got down to business.

"Okay, all of you have been in his business to know that our company has problems. This company used to be worth a quarter bil., and was recently appraised at one hundred, with "untouchable" assets. We are asking that we be allowed to sell ninety to ninety five percent of it to you, with us having a minority "silent partnership" The man said.

Ross gave an almost annoyed sigh. "I for one, have an issue with that statement immediately. You are selling us a bargain basement company, and are essentially coming out of the box swinging, essentially asking us for something, if we can turn your apparently in trouble company around. Fritz, what do you think?" Ross asked.

"Ross is one hundred percent on target. I counter propose. I offer you. one percent as a token for your years of hard work, that unfortunately, did not pan out, but in turn, we drop the price five mil, non negotiable" Fritz said.,

The man sighed. "I dont like that. Would you compromise, on , two or three mil?"

Ross looked at Fritz, who nodded his head.

"Okay, done. We agree in principle, and we will have our attorney look it over, and then write up a contract. " Ross said.

"Thank You. It was a pleasure doing business with you guys, and thank you for negotiating" The man said.

"Not a problem. It makes sense for all of us" Ross said.

Ross, Fritz and Steve walked out, and went back to their office.

"Not the best deal we've done. I dont like it, but with their potential reserves, it might work out just fine" Ross said,.

"Maybe we can partner with Mister Fish, he can find us a way in, and we can enter some Canadian or border investors. Let's just see" Ross said.

Ross and Florence were driven to the airport. They got on a 5 pm flight. After change over in Dallas, the flight landed at JFK at 1030, and Ross and Florence were home at 11.

Ross kissed Kayley hi., "Florence, we would appreciate it if you please stayed the night in our guest room. You can go in the morning if all is okay" Kayley said.

"Thats fine. You did well on that trip , Ross. Hope you have a peaceful night. Goodnight to both of you" Florence said.

"Thank You, Florence." Ross said.

Ross put on boxer shorts. As he undressed, Kayley could see he was struggling.

"Please get us two iced teas, and then talk. You dont look great at all" Kayley said.

"Thank You, partner, neither do you with hair all messed up in boxer shorts and T shirt at 11 pm" Ross said, leaping into the kitchen, and bringing back the teas.

"So, talk. You dont look like things went well" Kayley said.

Ross sighed. "Please dont pre judge, teacher. The show was fine, a good investor pool. The meeting we had today was questionable. I think that the other company was trying to play hardball when they were on the defensive. I say it is 50-50 that the deal will go through" Ross said.

"Okay, just see. As for the office tomorrow. Do as you please. I'm not going to chain you to the bed. However, if you go in, please dont set the world on fire, please be home when I come home" Kayley said.

Ross saluted Kayley "Yes, Oh Teacher Dom, in by 9 or 10, out by 4" Ross said.

Ross and Kayley fell asleeep.

The next morning, as Kayley was dressing, Ross's phone was beeping in his hand.

Why was "someone" calling him so early, and what was it about?

That would be seen.

Last edited:
Steven, I know that Ross literally just entered this office less than five minutes ago. Are you already on him about that potential "three company supposed bonanza" of yours?" Fritz asked, almost sarcastically.
Usually, Fritz and Steve are in agreement, but not this time.

"That is why you guys and I work so well. I have made so many deals and dealt with so many sharks in my years owning RossShell, that I can bring said experience into our little business here" Ross said.
So many that he has, perhaps, become jaded.

Think of it, mils.

Maybe I am not "intending to" but.

Perhaps Ross is a "lesser" not as mean version , of either JR Ewing from Dallas, or Gorden Gekko from Wall Street,

When Charlie Sheen's character, Bud Fox, says to Michael Douglas's Gordon Gekko "How much is enough, Gordon?"

Maybe Fritz's personality has changed since his stroke. Fritz likes deals, but maybe "The almighty Buck" is in a different perspective now.

More to come hopefully within 24 hours

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back