• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favorite Cartoon as a kid..

for me it's buggs bunny

for my kids it's a variety; biker mice from mars; geeker, power puff girls.
the cartoons of today just aren't as funny as they were back in the 60's.

steve

Here's the greatness of Chuck Jones and the Warner Brothers gang: at absolutely NO time in my life did I ever have a self-consciousness about other people witnessing me watch cartoons when it came to Bugs Bunny et al. Man, back when my ship was on the Med Cruise, there we were, out in the middle of nowhere in the Aegean Sea, and it was three in the morning, and they were showing Warner Brothers cartoons on the closed circuit TV. Everyone was up watching, in every berthing compartment, anywhere they had a TV on board. No one felt self-conscious. Power Rangers? If that had been around at the time, that certainly would've been another story :D

I can relate, Knox. Back in 1985, we saw Yes in concert and at the time they refused to have an opening act. So, at the bands request, they showed a Bugs Bunny cartoon as the opener.
There's nothing like an entire hockey arena full of people all cracking up at once to a Bugs cartoon. I'm sure Venray will back me up on this.

Drew

Especially when back in those times many if not all were under the influence of one thing or another.....;)

Lancelot Link worked for "A.P.E.", the Agency to Prevent Evil.

The bad guys worked for "C.H.U.M.P.", the Criminal Headquarters for the Underworld Master Plan.

Thanks, P50.
I do remember it was a hilarious show. I remember the first time I saw it, it was on Saturday morning, close to the 12:00 hour. I was at this friend's house, the first time it was on, which would've been September '72, since I attended camp with him that Summer. When it came on, I said to him, "what the hell's this?" Talking chimps in costumes, with moving lips. And, during the show, they showed Lance Link in his rock and roll band, hoofing it up with these other chimps with hair long enough to shame the Allman Brothers. I wonder if they show this on Boomerang. I'm sorry I don't get Boomerang, my cable company thinks that I prefer numerous stations in Spanish, and a bunch of shopping and let's redecorate the neighbor's den shows instead.

All the cartoons from earlier before my time, sound so much better than the ones I watched...geez

Re: NERD ALERT!!!!!

SmileyTkls said:
Okay, you've inspired me to reveal just how much time I spent/wasted (depending on your point of view) on cartoons. Here goes:

Schoolhouse Rock!

Smiley

Conjuction function.... what's your function??

TicklishSinner said:
All the cartoons from earlier before my time, sound so much better than the ones I watched...geez

Well, I'm 36, and i remember that along with afternoon cartoons, there was quite a bit of live-action reruns like...
Lost in Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, The Monkees, Batman, Lancelot Link, etc.

On Saturday mornings, aside from cartoons, you could find Sid and Marty Krofft shows eeverywhere....Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, The Krofft Supershow (with Dr. Shrinker, WonderBug, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl), The Kids from C.A.P.E.R, The Monster Squad, Shazam, Isis, etc.

When I got last Sunday's paper, just for kicks I looked up the saturday morning lineup, and was in shock. There's just nothing there anymore.

The Sean Man

there is stuff there but just not as great as some of the other cartoons i have heard of on this thread

For the past ten years or so, the emphasis has gone to the cartoon 'gimmick' instead of an all around good cartoon.

Cartoons come and go now so quickly because of the 'coolness' factor and the short attention spans of people.

The Sean Man

Re: LOL

TicklishSinner said:
School House Rock!!!...Too cute!

Actually, My wife and I just bought a DVD for my son with some of the classic school house rock stuff for educational reasons. He loves it and I watch it with him taking a walk down memory lane.

Battle Of The Planets

Battle of the Planets was my favorit cartoon, with Spder-Man and his Amazing Frineds and Transformers a close pair of 2nds. At 30 I still wathc a couple (or 3) of toons on Saturday, X-Men Evolution, Justice League, and the new He-Man. I think the new He-Man is actualy better then the one when I was a kid.

I've also heard this Rainbow Bright chick mentioned alot in this thread. Well she migh be tough, and I'm sure she was cool for her time but...

In Brightest Day and blackest night.
No evil shallexcape my sight
Let those who'd worship evils might
Beware my power...
GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT !!!
-Hal Jordan, the one true Green Lantern

Last edited:
MV5BMDcxMGVjNjctYzUyNy00N2UxLWE1MDEtZWFiMGVkYWU1NDZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgzNDU2ODI@._V1_.jpg

SuperFriends-banner2.jpg

On Saturday mornings SuperFriends with or without Legion of Doom, but those with them were pretty interesting. Captain Caveman, the Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes hour and the Laff-Olympics with the Scooby-Doobies, the Yogi Yahooies and the Really Rottens with Mumbly the Dog as captain!

After school it was Scooby-Doo, the original 1969 series, not any with guest stars and definitely not with Scrappy Doo. That's the one thing the first live action movie got right!

Barbershopman

Ninja Turtles, Robotech, MASK, Duck Tales, Animaniacs, The Dragon, Wing Commander, Exosquad, Beast Wars, 90's X-MEN, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Sonic the Hedgehog (1993, the one based on Archie comics Sonic), BotsMaster, Superman TAS, Justice League, Justice League: Unlimited, and Reboot.

Ed, Edd, n' Eddy was probably my faovorite. Also liked Dexter's Laboratory, Hey Arnold!, Courage the Cowardly Dog and any of the old Looney Tunes cartoons.

How did NONE OF YOU ever watch GARGOYLES? I mean, it was an amazing show!

Transformers (1984-1986 seasons). Also Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, but that didn't have a toyline for some reason.

Yes! That and Batman: The Animated Series are 2 I always forget about. Surprisingly dark and serious kids shows for the time.

Batman: The Animated Series dealt with a lot of serious issues like homeless children (in one episode a sadistic man was using homeless kids as slaves and Batman got so angry he nearly ENDED HIM) to people born with birth defects (Killer Croc and Baby Doll) being mistreated by society and becoming criminals as a result to severe mental illness (the Ventriloquist who voiced Scarface but actually had multiple personality disorder).

That series sequel Batman Beyond dealt with even more darker themes like child abuse by a child's parent (in multiple episodes). Then there was the hardest special to watch period (aka Return of the Joker). Watching what Joker and Harley did to Tim Drake was horrifying and I got so angry at Bruce for not finally being willing to pull the god damned trigger on that sadistic clown (like he should have done years ago)!

Two very dark series dealing with with real world issues.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back