Feet in a circle

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What's New?

7/29/2021

The TMF Gathering forums area place to see if folks are meeting near you, or to start your own Gathering!

New from MTJ

Thompson
Corporation #9

Click here
6/28/21

clips4sale.com

The largest clips store online

Explore the TMF

Link Us!

Link your site to the TMF. Info here

Live Camgirls!

Live Camgirls

Streaming Videos

Pic of the Week

Pic of the Week

Trivia Winner:

brad1701

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

As I get older, I find I have less patience for other people's bullshit.

On Saturday mornings SuperFriends with or without Legion of Doom, but those with them were pretty interesting. Captain Caveman, the Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes hour and the Laff-Olympics with the Scooby-Doobies, the Yogi Yahooies and the Really Rottens with Mumbly the Dog as captain!

After school it was Scooby-Doo, the original 1969 series, not any with guest stars and definitely not with Scrappy Doo. That's the one thing the first live action movie got right!

Barbershopman

Ninja Turtles, Robotech, MASK, Duck Tales, Animaniacs, The Dragon, Wing Commander, Exosquad, Beast Wars, 90's X-MEN, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Sonic the Hedgehog (1993, the one based on Archie comics Sonic), BotsMaster, Superman TAS, Justice League, Justice League: Unlimited, and Reboot.
    Ghaleon: WHY have you DONE THIS? What IS IT that you CAN SEE that I CANNOT? TELL ME!

Dyne: I see a bright hope for the future that resides in each and every human being.

Ghaleon: I see only DESPAIR!

Carebears, Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake and friends, Flinstones, Smurfs, She-ra

Ed, Edd, n' Eddy was probably my faovorite. Also liked Dexter's Laboratory, Hey Arnold!, Courage the Cowardly Dog and any of the old Looney Tunes cartoons.

How did NONE OF YOU ever watch GARGOYLES? I mean, it was an amazing show!
    Ghaleon: WHY have you DONE THIS? What IS IT that you CAN SEE that I CANNOT? TELL ME!

Dyne: I see a bright hope for the future that resides in each and every human being.

Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDebonairDamsels View Post
    How did NONE OF YOU ever watch GARGOYLES? I mean, it was an amazing show!
    Yes! That and Batman: The Animated Series are 2 I always forget about. Surprisingly dark and serious kids shows for the time.

Transformers (1984-1986 seasons). Also Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, but that didn't have a toyline for some reason.
    See my profile for pics of sessions that I had...

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeanut View Post
    Transformers (1984-1986 seasons). Also Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, but that didn't have a toyline for some reason.
    TILL ALL ARE ONE! ^_~

Quote Originally Posted by lostphilosopher View Post
    Yes! That and Batman: The Animated Series are 2 I always forget about. Surprisingly dark and serious kids shows for the time.
    Batman: The Animated Series dealt with a lot of serious issues like homeless children (in one episode a sadistic man was using homeless kids as slaves and Batman got so angry he nearly ENDED HIM) to people born with birth defects (Killer Croc and Baby Doll) being mistreated by society and becoming criminals as a result to severe mental illness (the Ventriloquist who voiced Scarface but actually had multiple personality disorder).

That series sequel Batman Beyond dealt with even more darker themes like child abuse by a child's parent (in multiple episodes). Then there was the hardest special to watch period (aka Return of the Joker). Watching what Joker and Harley did to Tim Drake was horrifying and I got so angry at Bruce for not finally being willing to pull the god damned trigger on that sadistic clown (like he should have done years ago)!

Two very dark series dealing with with real world issues.

I remember Batman: TAS first introducing me to the idea of a sympathetic villain in the characters of Two-Face and Mr. Freeze.

The conversation Freeze has with Batman in one episode is heartbreaking.

Mr. Freeze: Tonight, I mean to pay back the man who ruined my life... our lives.

Batman: Even if you have to kill everyone in the building to do it?

Mr. Freeze: Think of it, Batman. To never again walk on a summer's day with the hot wind in your face and a warm hand to hold. Oh yes, I'd kill for that!

Considering what ends up happening to Mr. Freeze (aka his body deteriorating to the point where he's just a head supported by cryogenics/cybernetics), it's hard to not be sympathetic. Still, he did murder a lot of innocent people. Which makes his final suicidal act (aka saving Terry McGuiness from a collapsing skyscraper) all the more tragic.

To quote Victor himself, "LEAVE ME! YOUR THE ONLY ONE WHO EVER REALLY CARED!"

Those words just RING of pain and sorrow in your heart.

In the end, Victor Freeze was a man stuck in a nightmare and didn't have a way out.

Excuse my ignorance, or maybe its old age- If Battle of the Planets is the cartoon I'm thinking- the protagonists were five "teenagers" - Mark, Jason, Princess, Tiny and Keyop. Each had a different vehicle that transformed or fit into a bigger spaceship that they rode, and their hideout was on the bottom of the sea?

I used to watch that all the time. Shame I can't remember the details. Like I said, I'm getting old.

Barbershopman

Quote Originally Posted by Barbershopman View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, or maybe its old age- If Battle of the Planets is the cartoon I'm thinking- the protagonists were five "teenagers" - Mark, Jason, Princess, Tiny and Keyop. Each had a different vehicle that transformed or fit into a bigger spaceship that they rode, and their hideout was on the bottom of the sea?

I used to watch that all the time. Shame I can't remember the details. Like I said, I'm getting old.

Barbershopman

Yes, the cartoon you're thinking of was called "Battle of the Planets". Sometimes referred to as "G-Force".
    As I get older, I find I have less patience for other people's bullshit.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567