• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favorite Cartoon as a kid..

For me, Inspector Gadget and Potsworth and Co. are the ones I remember so fondly, they even influenced the way I draw today. Honourable mentions go to Ninja Turtles (it's actually really funny) and Ren and Stimpy (DON'T TOUCH IT! IT'S THE HISTORY ERASER BUTTON, YOU FOOL!!!)

Heckle and Jeckle
Yogi Bear
Magilla Gorilla
Huckleberry Hound
Wally Gator
Super Snooper and Blabbermouse
Mushmouth and Pumpkinpuss
Toche' Turtle
Peter Potomus
Yippee, Yappee, and Yahooey
Breezly Bruin

and the only cartoon where men were allowed to wear lipstick:

Clutch Cargo

Drew

I also forgot to mention the Looney Tunes cartoons. They are still funny to this day!

bugs bunny (with all looney toons)

tom & jerry

scooby laff-a-lympics

wacky racers

oh wow. this goes back

care bears
rainbow brite
strawberry shortcake
Pinwheel
bugs bunny(and all looney tunes)
Little Bear(yes, I watched it as an adult)
Franklin(see reply to Little Bear)
She-ra, princess of power
Wonder Woman
Yogi the Bear
Sesame Street
Richard Scarry Cartoons
The Smurfs
all Disney cartoons
Herself the Elf
The Flinstones(I used to have the house!)
Jetsons
Popples

OMG i remember Strawberry Shortcake a lil bit!! Care Bears were good as well

BOFH666 said:
Centurions! Ummm, *racking brains*... Lead characters Jake Rockwell, Ace McCloud and Max Ray, bad guys Doc Terror and Hacker... supporting cast Crystal and some ape thing (I don't know why, the name Lucy's stuck in my mind). And yes, that's from memory (sad ain't it?), that show kicked arse (and wouldn't it be good as a live action flick?).

Transformers has to rank right up with the best of 'em (Optimus Prime, Best Hero Ever...), a little remembered show called Starcom had the best toy line up that's ever been made, but the best show for me wasn't a cartoon, was a Japanese puppet show called "Star Fleet" - great sci-fi, plot that actually went over the length of the series and some real memorable ship designs.

I had like EVERY toy for the Centurions!!!!
Great cartoon!!
Oh yeah and "Crystal" was HOT!!

Hey and they were tall enough to date Barbie LOL oh sorry... ;)

Transformers was just awesome for its time...actually had a decent plot too...

While My Little Pony, Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, Gummi Bears, and Tundercats were high on my list, NOTHING could top the wonders of

RAINBOW BRITE!!! Ultimate role-model!
Rainbow Brite!
See the shining light!
Starlight's gonna take you to Rainbow Bri-i-ite!
Starlight flies
Right before your eyes!

I'm sure those aren't the exact words, and I don't remember what conmes after that... ah, me.

Mwah!

-Bell :cool2:

Meanwhile, this wasn't a cartoon. Well, later they made it a cartoon. But I was enthralled with the live-action series. PUNKY BREWSTER. She was an equal role-model. I was Punky for Halloween at least 4 times. Including 2 years ago. Don't punish me for going off-topic a whee bit.

You wont be punished..lol...because Mickey Mous Club was another one of my favorites...but it wasnt a cartoon either

Ticklebell said:
Meanwhile, this wasn't a cartoon. Well, later they made it a cartoon. But I was enthralled with the live-action series. PUNKY BREWSTER. She was an equal role-model. I was Punky for Halloween at least 4 times. Including 2 years ago. Don't punish me for going off-topic a whee bit.

OMG! I was Punky for Halloween too!!! took forever to get those brown dots off!

Here is a bit of "Bunky Brewster" trivia...

Did you know the child actress who played Bunky Brewster grew up to have size FF bra size and then had them reduced to a C cup size!!!

tommytikl said:

Did you know the child actress who played Bunky Brewster grew up to have size FF bra size and then had them reduced to a C cup size!!!

yes, I remember that. She turned into a beauty, too!

TicklishSinner said:
OMG i remember Strawberry Shortcake a lil bit!!

The Peculiar Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak! Dah dah dah de dah dah!

tommytikl said:

Hey and they were tall enough to date Barbie LOL oh sorry... ;)

That was NOT a mental image I needed... now imagining what the creative giants at FOX Television would do with such a concept... thankyouverymuchyagit ;).

tommytikl said:
Transformers was just awesome for its time...actually had a decent plot too... [/B]

Question, anyone gone back and rewatched Transformers The Movie recently? Picked up a copy on video a few months back (hey, it was cheap) and I was really surprised. Not only was I actually entertained (I was expecting it to be a total 'this is nowhere near as good as I remember' experience) but... I didn't remember it being that violent when I was watching it as a kid. The death's of all last seasons Autobot toy line at the start of the flick in particular was pretty graphic (umm, for cartoon robots anyway) and you know what? We need more shows like that gosh darn it!

Oh, some more for the list:

Tazmania
Darkwing Duck
The Simpsons (it might still be running but that came on the air in, what, 1989 or something? So it counts :p)

And two modern ones:

Futurama (Slips on black armband of mourning for wrongfully killed show)
Invader Zim (Slips on second armband, picks up megaphone and goes out on crusade to get everyone to buy the DVD set when it comes out later this year. Stupid Nickeloden.)

A few more I forgot to mention:

Captain Caveman (I loved how that guy used to eat everything in site!)
Fat Albert
Bill Cosby's Picture Pages with Mortimer Marker :D (not exactly a cartoon or even necessarily a show, for that matter.)
Thundercats
Some cartoon that starred the Three Stooges with superhero outfits that had doorplates on the chest that would open up with giant hands popping out :confused: Can't remember the name of that one.
Laff-a-lympics
Silver Hawks

BLUE FALCON!

AND DOG WONDER....

AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

The Sean Man

tommytikl said:

I did in fact know that. She was only 15 years old when she had the surgery. Thatmust have been awful and humiliating for her. She would walk down the street and people who recognized her would harass her about her breasts. I believe the popular name was "Punky Boobster". People suck sometimes. By the by, her name is Soleil Moon Frye (yes, her mom was rather a hippie). She's still working in TV and film. Mwah!

Flatfoot said:
A few more I forgot to mention:

Fat Albert

DOOOHHHHH!!!
How could I forget about FAT ALBERT!!!!! Now where did we last leave the Brown Hornet???

Speed Racer
The original Spiderman cartoons (made in late 60's)
UnderdogRocky and Bullwinkle
Looney Tunes
Woody Woodpecker
the original Ultraman
Johnny Socko and his Flying Robot I wanted that robot so bad when I was a kid

Gotta add:

Hong Kong Phooey
The Perils of Penelope Pitstop

and all things Looney Tunes, Warner Brothers, Tex Avery, etc.

Bugs Bunny and his cohorts should be on top of all the cartoon lists.

Drew

I loved the action-adventure cartoons growing up....late 60's-mid 70's...

the original Speed Racer
the original Space Ghost
Spiderman
the Herculoids
Jonny Quest
Young Samson and Goliath

I also liked Josie and the Pussycats and "Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm".

There was also a cool show on tv in Atlanta called "the Banana Splits", and there were some awesome cartoons shown during that show...especially "The Three Musketeers" and "The Arabian Knights"; not to mention a non-cartoon action-adventure show called "Danger Island"...starring a very young actor named Jan Michael Vincent.

Here's a webpage about Danger Island I found on Google, and on page 2 are some scans of Jan Michael in action..
http://www.geocities.com/r1heaven/timeline/actors/vincent/filmography/danger/island1/island1.html

TklDuo-Drew said:
Heckle and Jeckle
Yogi Bear
Magilla Gorilla
Huckleberry Hound
Wally Gator
Super Snooper and Blabbermouse
Mushmouth and Pumpkinpuss
Toche' Turtle
Peter Potomus
Yippee, Yappee, and Yahooey
Breezly Bruin

and the only cartoon where men were allowed to wear lipstick:

Clutch Cargo

Drew

oh Drew...how could I forget Yogi and Magilla!! I used to love them, thanks for reminding me of great cartoons!

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back