• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Are The Spelling Nazis Right ?

I personally am rather perturbed at bad spelling.... yet I myself am VERY guilty of it (take a look at any of my posts here). Punctuation, which I used to be very good at, has fallen by the wayside, too, for me, since I have been out of school.

If anyone ever uses the "quote" function here on one of my posts, - if I ever posted anything worth repeating to begin with - please, take free reign, if you wish, to correct my mistakes within the qoute.

Or, add a few interesting ones of your own.

Don't worry too much O.J. Someone who knows to put brackets within the sentence the contents are referring to and not as a seperate one, can't be all bad. ;)

I find the older I get, the worse my spelling and grammar become. And my weakest points seem to be the ones that coincidentally irritate BigJim the most (which some might argue are their only saving grace! :p ).

Specifically, I'm talking about homonyms. Those are my worst area because they are the least likely for me to notice in my proof read, and the spell checker won't notice them at all.

Examples:

There - Their - and They're
Your - You're

Those are my biggest offenders but then there's also...

here - hear
then - than
accept - except
affect - effect

and even sometimes

no - know

:illogical :illogical

Just typicle isnt it? Wun rong wurd and yur brandad. :rolleyes: :D

Nice to know I can still amuse in some ways Drew. ;)

BigJim said:
Don't worry too much O.J. Someone who knows to put brackets within the sentence the contents are referring to and not as a seperate one, can't be all bad. ;)

I use 'em to make up for my run-on sentences!

And I think Drew brings up a good point; the evil of the homonym. I fall prey to these, to/too/two ...... also.

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back